Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    I think it should be baseline for for sub and sin, not combat.

Deleted
    Objectively, yes. But from a gameplay design perspective its ridiculous to have every spec have some kind of random bonus CP generation and not have a baseline buffer of some kind. Playing without anticipation feels like playing a clunky spec from 2006 - not to mention it doesn't feel right to use a 3-4 CP finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Smassy View Post
    I think it should be baseline for for sub and sin, not combat.
    Combat also has random bonus CP with revealing strike.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Combat also has random bonus CP with revealing strike.
    Outside of Adrenaline Rush, the CP generation is just to slow, even with the occasional 2 combo point Sinister Strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    Objectively, yes. But from a gameplay design perspective its ridiculous to have every spec have some kind of random bonus CP generation and not have a baseline buffer of some kind. Playing without anticipation feels like playing a clunky spec from 2006 - not to mention it doesn't feel right to use a 3-4 CP finisher.
    Rogue still feels like 2006. That's the whole problem with the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Subjective. Believe it or not some people are happy with the core gameplay of our specs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is the single best thing about playing rogue.

No. Ant is fine. Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumideta View Post
    Which combo point classes are you referring to? Feral does not have anything resembling anticipation. But back on topic, yes the talent has made me lazy.
    ferals also dont have so many excess combo points
    rogues get an almost guaranteed 3 cps from mutilate with class trinket that alone makes anticipation borderline mandatory.
    ambush gives 2 cps with occasional random extra from HAt as well

only spec that can get away with not using anticipation is combat, but even then you lose out on some extra cps from revealing

that's literally the best part about rogue. im dreading the so called "class rework" that's coming in legion, because i know they're gonna screw us over with a bunch of stupid procs and extra resource bars, and ruin the simple smooth yet deep gameplay that rogue has.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2015-10-27 at 08:35 AM.

while i really dislike anticipation it is 100% required for sub. While i wish it was removed from the game, it won't be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Most people seem to be thinking of what Anticipation does to dummy dps. In an actual encounter pooling combo points and reacting to burst windows or bursting priority targets that need to be down in 4-5 globals is extra gameplay that is enabled by Anticipation and wouldn't really be possible without it.
    Pretty much on point. Class flow shouldn't be fixed by a talent.