10+ Year Old Account

Pet vs Mount achievements

Mounts.... We had 250 mounts and v6.2 gave us 300 mounts achievements.. Both are very hard to come by, especially, if you don' do both PvE and PvP. Personally, I collect munts whenever I can, and I'm only at 235ish..

Pets... The last achiement is "75 pets at level 25".... 75??? Serious pet collectors have 650+ and some are close to 750... Personally, I'm at 707 (plus 14 that cannot be levelled)..

Does anyone know, why there is such a big diffrence?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    As a mount collector I can't help but laugh at this.

There are 16 mount achievements.
    There are 100+ pet achievements.

And this is the first mount achievement that actually means something, all the other ones were added way too late.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post

And this is the first mount achievement that actually means something, all the other ones were added way too late.
    I'm talking about the Collect-achievements, not the battle-achievements.

There is roughly twice as many unique pets than there are mounts, yet pet achievements stop at 10% of total, mounts stop at 90% (or so)...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

It means fuck all. Remove the CE/RAF and store mounts from those who got them and you'll get a somewhat meaningful achievement.

Deleted
    The highest achievement for pet collecting is 600 (So. Many. Pets.), which is quite a lot for most players, so I'm not seeing the issue. 300 mounts might be a little more cutting edge than 600 pets, but it's not even remotely as bad as you made it out to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calaelen View Post
    The highest achievement for pet collecting is 600 (So. Many. Pets.), which is quite a lot for most players, so I'm not seeing the issue. 300 mounts might be a little more cutting edge than 600 pets, but it's not even remotely as bad as you made it out to be.
    For collectors, a pet isn't counted, until it's rare and level 25..
    The highest achivement that looks at level is 75 pets..

10+ Year Old Account
    That's because it's a lot easier to make pets than mounts.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    im a pet collector, and i count pets that arent rare/level 25. you dont level up your mounts, why does a collected pet need to be levelled up? sounds to me like youre a collector of collection achievements, rather than just pets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExcelDamage View Post
    im a pet collector, and i count pets that arent rare/level 25. you dont level up your mounts, why does a collected pet need to be levelled up? sounds to me like youre a collector of collection achievements, rather than just pets
    It doesn't need to be leveled up, but a lot of people who collect pets also like to get them all leveled. Since they have the 75 lvl 25 pet achievement, I don't think its unreasonable to ask for additional ones for those that enjoy that sort of thing.

10+ Year Old Account

Yes, but how many pet collection achievements are there? Mounts can't battle.

...oh man, I just had the greatest mental image

EDIT: It was Graves being curb-stomped by the Armani War Bear.

Also, I'm 99% sure you can't get more than 700 unique pets without buying some pets from the store/having CE or Blizzcon pets etc, as in, you can't get 700 pets just from the game itself and that's why this achievement would be horrible. Inb4 "you're just jealous and poor", I have more than 700 unique pets tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    Also, I'm 99% sure you can't get more than 700 unique pets without buying some pets from the store/having CE or Blizzcon pets etc, as in, you can't get 700 pets just from the game itself and that's why this achievement would be horrible. Inb4 "you're just jealous and poor", I have more than 700 unique pets tyvm.
    You can get over 700 pets without using the pet store... you may need to buy the TCG pets which are cagable and on the AH... or some of the limited time anniversary/ promotion (Mountain Dew Bot) pets... or BlizzCon/ CE pets... and get all of the raid and achievement pets. It's a lot of work but if you've been playing for a while it can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    You can get over 700 pets without using the pet store... you may need to buy the TCG pets which are cagable and on the AH... or some of the limited time anniversary/ promotion (Mountain Dew Bot) pets... or BlizzCon/ CE pets... and get all of the raid and achievement pets. It's a lot of work but if you've been playing for a while it can be done.
    I just said that the achievement would suck big time if you HAD to spend real money in order to get it. Everything you mentioned apart from the achievement/TCG pets requires real money. Like hello, really.
    Last edited by Mlz; 2015-10-02 at 04:22 PM.

i like how OP brings these arbitrary rules in while ignoring the already in place mechanics of the game

I beg to differ. As a collector, I count only unique pets. Level and rarity don't matter... because there's no point to them, is there? If I even remotely care about leveling a pet, I will want it to be rare, of course.

Not trying to bash your hobby and your achievement, but there are a lot fewer people interested than you think. The only instance where the number of your high level pets mattered (somewhat) was the Celestial Tournament.

Yeah... No

I'm very big collector with 320 mounts and 700+ pets. I certainly don't care about pet level or rarity and neither do any of my pet collector friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness View Post
    It doesn't need to be leveled up, but a lot of people who collect pets also like to get them all leveled. Since they have the 75 lvl 25 pet achievement, I don't think its unreasonable to ask for additional ones for those that enjoy that sort of thing.
    Indeed. I don't always enjoy leveling pets. I am more of a collector, however I decided to knuckle down this past week and get my pets leveled. I have 737 uniques, and 480 of them are at level 25.. those last couple hundred are killing me. However when asked by guildies and friends what do I get for doing it, I kinda sat and thought .. um nothing , there is no achievement or reward, other than me *completing* something I enjoy in game (pets!) ... would be nice to have a few more leveling achievements with rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    I just said that the achievement would suck big time if you HAD to spend real money in order to get it. Everything you mentioned apart from the achievement/TCG pets requires real money. Like hello, really.
    Unless you've heard of an auction house.

TCG pets aren't that high priced. Particularly after dupes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."