Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    He started working for them during Sunwell and was there during the ENTIRETY of Wrath. You know that point where WoW had its LARGEST EVER SUB INCREASE AND COUNT.

At least research some shit before talking out of your ass.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pub/greg-street/7/644/b35
    "Led about half of the World of Warcraft design team. Oversaw class, item, profession, combat, PvP, encounter, UI and major feature design. Shipped 3 expansions and contributed to 2 others."

WotLK launched in November 2008, and he started working there in February 2008. WotLK was announced as the next xpac in August of 2007. By the time Greg came on board WotLK was well under way. So it is likely that he contributed very little to that xpac beyond some of the content patches that followed with its initial release, as whole the development plan had already been mapped out (though not complete hence "patches") so I can't imagine he contributed very much beyond grunt work, bringing the ideas of others to fruition.

Actually, you are really only proving my point. The largest increase in subs was actually in BC. WotLK was the largest sub period ever (its cap) but not the largest increase. In fact one might argue then, it only capped BECAUSE of GC. I'm not saying this is the case... because as I said earlier its an interesting correlation, not causation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Anyone else bugged that leadership is saying blame the team instead of taking some responsibility for their failures in leadership? GC's comments make me respect him less.
    Never respected the guy... he was never an asset to blizzard. Hence the question... which if you all notice... he neglected to answer... like a true politician. I actually have a theory that is an agent of corporate espionage and he is at riot strictly to ruin their game, so that blizzard's moba can be successful. Cuz lets face it... ruining games is what he is good at

He's mentioned before struggles within blizzard hierarchy that make it difficult to change "culture" and almost no room for advancement. This speaks more to corporate culture than it does to design process, so I am reluctant to say that anyone else was forcing him to make changes to the game he did or did not want. Especially when he fingers his team, instead of his superiors.
    Ellipses, ellipses, ellipses, etc.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2015-10-04 at 09:26 PM.