Thread: reti any good?

Deleted

reti any good?

how are reti as dps? at max lvl. are they dephendent on t18 to make good dps etc.

thx ^^

Retri is OK dps. I am usually in top 4 or so on dps meters. You need the 3 wings and 4 set bonus is really good combined with legendary ring. Im only ilvl 723, but I enjoy the rotation and having bubble, Hand of protection, sacrifice and Lay on hands is good way to cheese some tactics plus they are good for helping the healer.

Like most of the str dps, you need the EDH for being competitive dps.

Deleted
    cool thanks for the input mate a question what is EDH=)?

Empty Drinking Horn.

Please invest some time in reading the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    how are reti as dps? at max lvl. are they dephendent on t18 to make good dps etc.

thx ^^
    Completely dependent on their tier set. Ring and trinkets also make them viable. With these though, they aren't bad at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyrra View Post
    Completely dependent on their tier set. Ring and trinkets also make them viable. With these though, they aren't bad at all.
    With ring, trinkets and 4-set, Ret is still essentially just a worse and less flexible warrior/DK. Anything we can do, one of those classes can do A LOT better, bar perhaps pure, short-fight single-target, and long-term AoE; both of which are awful niches to have in a progression raiding environment.

Ret is essentially only any good (when compared to other classes with the same gear played with the same level of mechanical skill) at speedkills and padding.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    With ring, trinkets and 4-set, Ret is still essentially just a worse and less flexible warrior/DK. Anything we can do, one of those classes can do A LOT better, bar perhaps pure, short-fight single-target, and long-term AoE; both of which are awful niches to have in a progression raiding environment.

Ret is essentially only any good (when compared to other classes with the same gear played with the same level of mechanical skill) at speedkills and padding.
    I don't disagree with you. Luckily that only translates to a small amount of the raiding player base, those who are playing at a very high level (which I believe should be what is looked at first when balancing the class). Also I use the term viable loosely, mind you.

Ret's as good as any other class as long as you enjoy playing it and your raid team doesn't need to you play something else. It's all relative.

Ret has some really nice burst once you get the gear, but as PraisetheSun said Warriors and DKs bring more to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Ret has some really nice burst once you get the gear, but as PraisetheSun said Warriors and DKs bring more to the table.
    I don't even really see the burst aspect. I feel like our burst is pretty mediocre, but with our set what makes it decent is how long we get "burst phases". So it's more sustained, and we need that to even be viable.

Ret is mid tier / average just like it usually is, brings no unique utility that holy or prot don't bring (and one holy paladin is still mandatory in most teams).

T18 play style is fun and better T17 but it was a massive band-aid for under-tuning/bad scaling of our base abilities, our burst aoe is still heavily dependant on rng procs etc.
    Last edited by RagnorZ; 2015-10-06 at 05:05 AM.

Mediocre dps. Pathetic sustained. Good burst. Irrelevant utility because hpals, prots etc. Somewhat good offhealing incase you feel like doing 2 jobs.
    But then again, if you're not on the bleeding fething edge of progression, you should be satisfied.
    Being mediocre is good or so I'm told.
    Bring the player, not the mediocre spec, sure as sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ret is nice, but lacks noticable damage outside of the burst window which sucks everywhere where you don't need/have burst ready.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post

You forget the important aspect of simply being a Paladin, which in itself can be very useful. Yes theres always the argument that you just take a Prot & Holy, but its one of the few additions to the raid team that can provide so much raid utility while not being a hindrance to the raid, from the DPS side. This is especially true if you're aiming at 10 man or there abouts, rather than the 20-30 where you've got plenty of healer cooldowns to go around.

Doing Mythic and being 1 or 2 on DPS I can say... we are doing OK!

Are we really that good? nah not at all.. Warriors, DK's, Hunters, Warlocks (some fights) really outshine us by millions..
    It's all about knowing a fight and when to pop what.. and keep an eye on the ring, trinkets etc.. Without doing useless DPS (like actively Cleave while you should focus ST) you will do more than fine if you just focus up and have anywhere near half decent RNG..

You will need 4 Piece T18, EDH, Class trinket and/or AOE trinket, Leg ring and half decent weapon.

Deleted
    I just want to say that every class is dependant on set bonuses to make good DPS. Its the way blizzard designed class balance this expansion.

As for Ret, i may be partial, but it is good. The only thing where it falls behind is in sustained 2-3 target fights. Overall, i prefered the state it was in on Foundry, where it had alot of versatility, but HFC ret has strong single target damage. Also, Ret benefits alot from the legendary ring due to the cooldown of wings and its versatility with 3 charges.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2015-10-09 at 01:56 PM.

The only thing I don't like to see in "Is this class any good?" discussions are arguments like "Well I am top DPS in my guild so it must be." Or "I'm the lowest DPS in my guild so it can't be."