Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Some of the highest rated PVP videos are from WOTLK and BC. Like once a month on warcraftmovies you see a dozen or so of each expansion's pvp videos.

I think it's just an issue of it being too hard for them to make a practically sized game with multiple patches on it due to the horrible way they used to patch.

To be frank, I've never liked the "release an expansion once a year" mentality of EQ2, and WoW is following in its footsteps. I used to have a solid, defined main that I greatly enjoyed for 5+ years through Classic and BC. And then they had the urge to constantly shift up how every. single. class. plays through Wotlk, mop, cata, wod... which is quite frustrating, personally. I actually wish, with the exception of warrior and rogue, classes had stayed more or less the same being expanded upon throughout the games life...but I digress.

There were such better ways to handle it rather than forcing us to level every new expansion, forcing them to design these massive chunks of land for questing that most players don't want anyways...they could have kept the level cap at 100 and put ALL of that time into more meaningful content. Imagine if instead of building new terrain, they put all of that time into dungeons, raids, solo content, The brawler's guild and made the brawler's guild give actual gear, expanded on crafting in a meaningful way, made collecting more meaningful, expanded on fishing, first aid, etc. all in significant ways. Instead of putting 100,000 man hours on making 6 new zones, they make 1 new zone and aim for the betterment of their game....

But hey, that's all not filler content, so can't do that. Want to enjoy BC content? Well, in blizzard's eyes, too fucking bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    /facepalm

Darwin award thread of the week.
    there is usually tough competition for that too lol
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Hate to break it to you, but in the grand scheme of things, nobody gives a damn about legacy servers. Yes, it's true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh, it's the daily vanilla servers thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshimiko View Post
    Some of the highest rated PVP videos are from WOTLK and BC. Like once a month on warcraftmovies you see a dozen or so of each expansion's pvp videos.

I think it's just an issue of it being too hard for them to make a practically sized game with multiple patches on it due to the horrible way they used to patch.

To be frank, I've never liked the "release an expansion once a year" mentality of EQ2, and WoW is following in its footsteps. I used to have a solid, defined main that I greatly enjoyed for 5+ years through Classic and BC. And then they had the urge to constantly shift up how every. single. class. plays through Wotlk, mop, cata, wod... which is quite frustrating, personally. I actually wish, with the exception of warrior and rogue, classes had stayed more or less the same being expanded upon throughout the games life...but I digress.

There were such better ways to handle it rather than forcing us to level every new expansion, forcing them to design these massive chunks of land for questing that most players don't want anyways...they could have kept the level cap at 100 and put ALL of that time into more meaningful content. Imagine if instead of building new terrain, they put all of that time into dungeons, raids, solo content, The brawler's guild and made the brawler's guild give actual gear, expanded on crafting in a meaningful way, made collecting more meaningful, expanded on fishing, first aid, etc. all in significant ways. Instead of putting 100,000 man hours on making 6 new zones, they make 1 new zone and aim for the betterment of their game....

But hey, that's all not filler content, so can't do that. Want to enjoy BC content? Well, in blizzard's eyes, too fucking bad.
    You can still enjoy BC content. I've done it on all my characters, from the moment BC came out until now. It's all still there, just as it was - you just find the portal to Outland and away you go.

Deleted
    There's so many assumptions going on in this thread it's ludicrous. Let me just say this once so that everyone can read it once before it disappears from their brains again. You have no idea what "the majority of the playerbase" wants, you think you do, but you don't, you know what you and your friends want, and then you want to use screenshots and hastily cobbled together arguments to speak for a portion of players who are for the most part silent on many issues.

The people who actually talk on forums about this stuff are the minority, you haven't a god damn clue why those millions of players left, we can speculate, but that's about it.

Doesn't that server have 4K players or something? If it's the one I'm thinking, still not 5.6 million though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You can still enjoy BC content. I've done it on all my characters, from the moment BC came out until now. It's all still there, just as it was - you just find the portal to Outland and away you go.
    You can still enjoy Molten Core, as well, but it's just not the same when you kill all of the bosses in under 3 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Vellerix View Post
    There's so many assumptions going on in this thread it's ludicrous. Let me just say this once so that everyone can read it once before it disappears from their brains again. You have no idea what "the majority of the playerbase" wants, you think you do, but you don't, you know what you and your friends want, and then you want to use screenshots and hastily cobbled together arguments to speak for a portion of players who are for the most part silent on many issues.

The people who actually talk on forums about this stuff are the minority, you haven't a god damn clue why those millions of players left, we can speculate, but that's about it.
    By the same token, you can't say they would not enjoy legay servers, since, according to your own argument, no one has any idea what the majority of the players want, and considering how many people are jumping the boat, not even Blizzard knows it anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    So, how much do you pay to access that server?
    its free. the server seems to be nostralius as it is the highest populated private server right now. near 5 thousand when you /who. Very few servers you have to pay for and if you do, there might be 2 other players online with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    How find people vanilla still fun anyways?
    it was about getting new content, things you dont know.
    People can dream anything vanilla has, there is nothing to look forward to, you already know it.
    If i kill Ragnaros on private server, i wouldn't be excited, since i already killed him 100 times on retail, even if it's alot harder on private.

All same shit :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    By the same token, you can't say they would not enjoy legay servers, since, according to your own argument, no one has any idea what the majority of the players want, and considering how many people are jumping the boat, not even Blizzard knows it anymore.
    Not sure I argued nobody would enjoy them. I'm saying you can't attribute the same reason for quitting to 7 million unique iindividuals, especially when the majority of players aren't even talking about why they're gone.
    Last edited by mmoc2aff718493; 2015-10-04 at 02:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How find people vanilla still fun anyways?
    it was about getting new content, things you dont know.
    People can dream anything vanilla has, there is nothing to look forward to, you already know it.
    If i kill Ragnaros on private server, i wouldn't be excited, since i already killed him 100 times on retail, even if it's alot harder on private.

All same shit :/
    While you like to take a look at what's to come, some people actually prefer to relive moments they remember as good or amazing. Why do you watch the same movie several years later?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard has made it clear it won't happen. There is nothing left to discuss.

Closing.