Poll: Are you afraid of a BIG change in gameplay?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Assassination Combat Subtlety

I played it all. You are free to proove me wrong.
    "Rogue gameplay is the same since WotlK." It is in fact simpler (less spells than before)

But rogue is probably an extreme. I can imagine other classes have changed in the past 5 years
    Never suffured a huge revamp like in WotlK though.
    Subtlety went from being a straightforward PvP control class in Wrath, with a lot of buttons, to a sometimes hugely-overperforming PvE class in Cataclysm, with the most complex rotation ever before or since in WoW.

Assassination, not so much, but combat has changed much less than either.

Deleted
    Lmao saying that all talents were viable for all specs, where do these nostalgia idiots keep coming from.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow1 View Post
    Lmao saying that all talents were viable for all specs, where do these nostalgia idiots keep coming from.
    Every expansion we see minor gameplay changes.
    At least in WotlK they tried to make everyone viable and made huge revamps from scratch for a lot of classes.
    I have been doing the same DPS rotation since then (Rogue).

Some classes got new stuff like "holy power" for paladins and "eclipse bar" for druids in Cataclysm.
    But most of the classes base gameplay remains the same.

Whanever i see the "gameplay changes" for the next expansion i say "meh, feels the same to me", specially from Mop to WoD.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    What? In Cata they redid most classes (DK's completely rewritten). In MoP they redid talent trees. In WoD they squished everyone and revamped abilities and most of the stats on gear.
    Yep. I don't know what game you've been playing OP, but WoW has been radically changed form X pack to Xpack since Wrath.

Deleted
    You're playing a different game right?

Since the end of Wrath:

Hunters have Mana
    We have monks
    Druids got a 4th spec
    Tanks use AM and no longer go for CTC
    Tertiary Stats
    Multistrike
    Warforged gear
    Less gem stats
    Gemming secondary over primary stats
    Less enchants
    Mastery has changed for a lot of specs
    ...Warlocks. Nothing else needs to be said really lol
    Small things such as Bloodthirsts crit chance, Careful Aim for Hunters, Fire Mages heating up...
    DKs again, just in general
    Much much more, this was just off the top of my head...

Not many people are afraid of revamps, assuming there's no chance of it going badly wrong.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As long as the changes are fun/interesting, bring it on.
    Used to play as a rogue in WOTLK. Good times.

If you mean fire mages, you'd be right.
    Stack crit 4 hotstreaks, last patch of expansion crit capped go for haste. Been that way since wotlk.

Other than that, the game has changed quite a lot.
    And no, not afraid of gameplay changes, might even be what makes me come back to the game.

We're having all specs redone in Legion which was already stated by Blizzard at gamescom. They said they want to make all specs fit the fantasy the game has of them. Like a marksmanship hunter being a master marksman with no pet, a bm hunter being a master of the beasts, etc. Same with warlocks, Affliction revolving around curses and diseases, demonology revolving around controlling demons etc. They stated they clearly want to make specs feel completely different from each other (hence survival becoming melee for hunters) and they want the specs to fit the fantasy the game holds for them. I wouldn't worry about this currently since we have information about it already happening in legion.

As for big changes made to the game, we've seen the game change a lot over the years (introduction of the transmog system in cata, LFR in cata, gemming being removed, reforging being introduced and then removed later etc.). But i'd welcome more big game changes, I mean were kinda getting one with the completely new pvp system.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2015-10-07 at 12:43 PM.

Base gameplay will always stay the same and it's done deliberately to keep some resemblance to the class you've been playing for a long time. People wouldn't take complete changes about their class well, so they have been keeping whatever they think is iconic about a particular spec and changing the rest.

Some of the changes have been big (how healers play changed pretty much every expansion for example), some small, but they have been doing revamps for a while now. You just have been playing an unlucky class; there must be a reason why people think rogues need a revamp anyway...

Warriors were gutted with all complexity removed and basically designated by Blizzard as the beginner class. But right now I'm playing a spec for my DPS that didn't even exist in Wrath.

Besides, there's been way bigger changes to game play than their class design philosophy (which I do feel is going generally down hill.)

Blizzard has made "BIG" gameplay changes with every expansion so I have no idea what you're going on about.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    And you are saying Wrath/Cata was balanced?
    WTF reading comprehension? I didn't say that. At all.

Huge revamps and changes in gameplay were in order and every class suffered BIG changes for better.
    I'd disagree completely. There were changes needed, but how they were done starting in Cata's initial talent tree nerf and supposed QOL changes, through MoP's homogenization via a new talent tree, and finally with WoD's prune, has been lackluster at best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefall View Post
    Warriors were gutted with all complexity removed and basically designated by Blizzard as the beginner class. But right now I'm playing a spec for my DPS that didn't even exist in Wrath.

Besides, there's been way bigger changes to game play than their class design philosophy (which I do feel is going generally down hill.)
    Don't remind me of what happened to warriors... both dps specs went from fun flurry of spells to whack a mole, with the worlds slowest mole.

OT: The game has changed a LOT since WotLK, aside from Rogues, almost every single class/spec has been changed or messed with. Paladin's gained Holy Power, Druids a 4th spec, Frost mages got a perma pet that actually does damage, MM became a 3 button rotation, and the list goes on and on. Yes rogues are almost the exact same, yes they need work, and they are going to get it, along with many classes that are a complete mess now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    We're having all specs redone in Legion which was already stated by Blizzard at gamescom. They said they want to make all specs fit the fantasy the game has of them. Like a marksmanship hunter being a master marksman with no pet, a bm hunter being a master of the beasts, etc. Same with warlocks, Affliction revolving around curses and diseases, demonology revolving around controlling demons etc. They stated they clearly want to make specs feel completely different from each other (hence survival becoming melee for hunters) and they want the specs to fit the fantasy the game holds for them. I wouldn't worry about this currently since we have information about it already happening in legion.
    I surely hope so.
    I have been refreshing slice and dice and doing envenom/eviscerate since WotlK.
    All rogue specs are probably the most boring ones in the whole game.
    That's why i'm rerolling Demon Hunter like 90% of the community will be. It´s going to be a mess watching the whole population of WoW playing a Demon Hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some classes got new stuff like "holy power" for paladins and "eclipse bar" for druids in Cataclysm.
    That was back in Cata, just saying.

Warlocks have been completely rebuilt every xpac since WotLK, sure there are some similarities in the changes from new to old, because they didn't want to completely change the class and make players feel uncomfortable with their class.

Deleted
    So i have the only class (Rogue) that instead of geting reworks the rotations,we remained the same since WotlK for all specs?
    In fact we lost spells (rupture and fan of knives for combat, hunger for blood)

All the other classes recieved big changes in DPS rotation since WotlK?

I think warriors also remained "the same" but much more simpler (removed a lot of abilities on the rotations).
    What about shadow priests, retribution paladins, feral druids? Havent them remained the same since?
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2015-10-07 at 09:58 PM.

Yes, I want a revamp, but I think that will come with Legion. We're getting artifact weapons, and I'm sure that will also tear up some of the old specs. I would say that the bad thing about WoD was it's almost identical specs/skills/rotation to MOP, at least for the classes I play.
    Mother pus bucket!