Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    And here we see the same arguments we've seen for the last 7-8 years or so. People just really want this game to die. Albeit I would love it if some new MMO came out that can actually rival WoW, but so far everything has been a flop. Yeah I still play GW2 and FFXIV, but ever so rarely. To be fair though I kind of do the same thing with WoW, but I definitely play it more often.

I could be totally off, but I feel like WoW's decline has been steady, but we saw a spike in subs when WoD came out because it was hyped to shit. Then most of the people who bought into the hype left. Which then kind of backfired because all of those people left and then some. Ever since its peak in WoTLK, the game has been declining in subs. But why? There's definitely more things to do than there were in WotLK when it comes to endgame. The only reason I think people look at WoTLK so fondly is because it was probably when a majority of the playerbase actually raided anything besides Karazhan. Because Christ I remember countless threads of people complaining that they already have all of the raids on farm, and that there's nothing to do, this game sucks, etc. That was merely a vocal minority compared to the amount of people who were raiding with their guilds and progressing for possibly the first time and having fun.

Now jump ahead to WoD, raiding is commonplace, that vocal minority in WotLK is now the majority and it's all just so tedious and monotonous now. But it's ALWAYS been tedious and monotonous. WotLK is when I started unsubbing until the next content patch. I probably would have started in BC, but that's when I started raiding and that's when it was new and fun for me to do it all of the time. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I hate the game, my complaints are more aimed at the genre itself. MMOs in general are just tedious and monotonous. A new shiny thing comes out and it's fun for a little bit, then it becomes tedious and monotonous. I remember when Warhammer: Age of Reckoning and Aion were on their way out. I was all over the, "WoW is dying" bandwagon. I played both of them, liked them, but got bored and quit and came back to WoW when ICC came out. I was all hyped for Cataclysm, where for some reason I thought raiding was going to be new and fun again because it would be difficult. It was difficult, but it wasn't new and fun. Actually the difficulty made it more tedious and monotonous. Rinse and repeat until Dragon Soul, which to this day is the only raid that I really think was objectively bad. 4.3 was just awful and I will always hate everything about, and I think it was definitely when the game was at its worst. But I digress, my point is that WoW and all MMOs for that matter have been doing the same shit for the past decade and it's pretty lame.

I think Blizzard is even noticing this. I doubt they're ever going to release another MMO, and they will probably keep milking WoW until enough people stop playing. With that being said, they're hardly a sinking ship. They are still making money off of WoW. God knows how much they make from Hearthstone. They also still have SC and Diablo, and now Overwatch on the way. Even if WoW is dying (as it is older than dirt in MMO years) I don't foresee anything happening to Blizzard for a long while. Needless to say this is all just my opinion and speculation, I don't know what Blizzard thinks and honestly I can't say I care too much. I vote with my wallet, if I like it, I'll pay for it. If I don't like it, I won't pay for it.

Oh my god this is disgustingly long

TL;DR MMOs are boring

Deleted
    Who is crithto? First i hear this name

Quote Originally Posted by Lathriel View Post
    1. infamous Ghostcrawler left (ty for all game designs Cata onward, that ruined our WoW time, that you gave us)

2. Bashiok left (candle in darkness)

3. Rob Pardo left (another legend of Blizzard house)

4. Paul Sams left (legend as well of Blizzard house)

5. Crithto left (another candle in darkness)

6. ...... ?
    You're also ignoring all the people Blizzard has hired since then. But of course since that doesn't stir up the pot, you don't care.
    Last edited by Vaeladin; 2015-10-09 at 09:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    You're also ignoring all the people Blizzard has hired since then. But of course since that doesn't stir up the pot, you don't care.

Just as you are ignoring what is to be seen through their leavings. Who we have now as GC replace? Watcher ....... if that and those ppl replaces are something what should be noted as positive, then by all means you and other such valiant but in vain white knight/s, defender/s of lost causes please do knock yourself out .....
    Last edited by mmoced6bd00b27; 2015-10-09 at 12:39 PM. Reason: misstyped

Quote Originally Posted by Lathriel View Post
    Just as you are ignoring what is to be seen through their leavings. Who we have now as GC replace? Watcher ....... if that and those ppl replaces are something what should be noted as positive, then by all means you and other such valiant but in vain white knight/s, defender/s of lost causes please do knock yourself out .....
    with all due respect to the ppl they hired, but i dont give a damn about them, i hate to see the ppl that made those games that i and a lot of us love go elsewhere or go to random projects inside blizzard while those franchises they helped to build start to rot or shift into something so different from what we used to love that i dont recognize them anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is the end of Perky Pug poster. He was my fav US CM to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Please let the next one be either Lore or Metzen
    Holinka hopefully...

Aww. I liked him.

If anyone has to leave next I hope its Holinka. If it's someone else the next one after them better be Holinka.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I'm a white knight. LOL. Woo boy.
    Yeah, I laughed when I read that. It was pretty funny.
    Karma always has the last laugh.