Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Are you kidding me? Rep was the only way to get 359 gear in Cataclysm without raiding when it was first released. Rep also awarded starter raid loot in WotLK. If you're going to tell someone they're wrong at least try to back up your claim with honest facts.

- - - Updated - - -

That depends on whether your definition of "end game boss" is the LFR version or the Mythic version. If your definition of endgame boss is the former, I think that's a personal problem.
    Never said it wasn't good loot said it wasn't as good as raid loot.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Never said it wasn't good loot said it wasn't as good as raid loot.
    359 loot was raid loot at release. Heroic Dungeons dropped 346 loot and troll heroics dropped 353 loot. 359 was the loot that the first tier of Cataclysm raids dropped. How is that not as good as raid loot?
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    People need to get over the gear color (and themselves). It doesn't matter, and it shouldn't matter what other players have either. Worry about your damn self. Live your life by that. If you want to concern yourself with someone else, then worry about HELPING them, not putting them down or making sure you stand out as better than them.
    Maybe the game would be better with more low DPS nice guys and fewer high DPS jerks? -- Ghostcrawler, Twitter, 6/29/13

Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    The game has no depth anymore, its had it removed for the sake of convenience. To suggest that the game hasn't become easier proves you are living in a dream world. If is was so easy before it was just new, why is there a need for easy mode 5 mans and LFR?
    You said exactly what I was thinking. The game as a whole has become easier and not as challenging, therefore not as rewarding anymore. Only difficult thing now is doing mythic or high end arena and there's pretty much nothing you have to do beforehand in the game.

To the OP (only viewing the PvE side of the game), I'm sorry I enjoyed it more back in the days than now > > PvP wise, if you don't understand why people are quitting because some player, with significantly less skills than you, easily destroys you or gives you an incredibly hard time, then you're the one who is selfish and refuses to see other people's points of view.

Also being casual doesn't mean you have to suck at the game (which is usually associated with). I would love to see Blizzard focusing on content like the warlock green fire quest, brawler's guild (MoP edition) and CMs rather than meaningless 10 raid difficulties. Also, PvP wise, returning to classes pre-prune and getting rid of macros (I have more macros than abilities on some characters taking up a shit ton of space) to fix the bloated action bars.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

Deleted
    Well ... too casual is one thing. I have lost in fact many people to the ability pruning and general downscaling of abilities. Hell, PvP is less enjoyable for me because of it. Taking away from our toolkit is for many people "ok". For people that actually used said abilities in the right moment could show a lot of skill and knowledge about the game. Which was the major drive for me to improve in my PvP Gameplay and why I enjoy playing as a Prot Pally and Brewmaster Monk in PvE. There is a lot of things you can improve on - even later on. Abilities that - used in the right moment - can carry the whole group. People still want abilities like dark simulacrum pruned. I don't get that at all. Yes, it isn't used that often but do they have to? MMO-Combat lacks depth in general. Abilities that are not part of your "main" rotation but are mayor gamechanger in certain moments are imo awesome.
    That little ramble out of the way - well, because it has become more casual. In some aspects. Adding more levels of difficulty is in fact one aspect people tend to forget. There was a thing you could aspire to do way way down the line if you started (like me) way after the raiding scene already established itself. Working up through different raids to get to the hard stuff was a good concept (as always - imo) because it made you work through the tiers like you should in a game focused so much on the endgame.
    Ofc there were problems with this esp. on the higher end of the raiding scene but that never stopped Blizz from doing anything now did it?

So yes, giving players choice was a good thing. Giving them too much choice is probably why players just don't feel the drive to actually achieve something. Gear hasn't been a real issue since forever. The times of seeing someone with a full highlevel Raidset and being amazed by it are over and the actual content almost doesn't change at all. Hell, Normal and Heroic are almost carbon copies of themselves (maybe with some nerfs to normal not so much anymore but they were) just with tweaked numbers.
    I think they designed themselves into a corner with what they gave us in terms of "quality of life"-stuff and beyond.

Okey, ramble #2 over.

But I do not think many of the people that quit the game with WoD did that because the game was because it went "too casual". WoD hat its own problems. From broken promises (/too high expectations) to no support later on. People don't like being treated that way from a company they give 15 Dollars to every month. Even more if you count Expansions, paid character services and ingame shop items.
    They expected a certain kind of quality and they didnt get it. People not as attached to the game as us veterans/people with guilds/raids will just quit the game if the content isn't any good. That's how it works. Many of my friends are still subbed just because they raid. Activity is still strong in our Guild's Skype Chat but almost nobody logs on anymore outside of raids. Hell, we lost so many people over the last few months it's crazy.

Okey, I should stop with the rambles and I am done for now. I hope, this wasn't too hard to read. I didn't prove-read this one but I think I got my feelings "on paper" and that's all that counts.

Because it's true?

I quit cause I'm bored

Well, the game is too casual. Also, that is why I quit.

What got harder:
    - Mythic bosses

What got easier over the years:
    - Removing mechanics from other raid difficulties by shoving all the interesting bits into Mythic
    - All LFR fights being tank n spanks
    - Elite mobs being soloable while leveling
    - No threat of dying to large packs of mobs while leveling
    - Leveling speed is greatly decreased for this expansion
    - Ashran vomits honor
    - Garrison vomits crafting mats
    - Hardest part of crafting went from boss drops, quests, or difficult feats to waiting
    - Legendary quest is just "Collect x" with easy scenarios

I could go on and on, but basically everything in the game is so damn simple. I'm not even comparing this to other games, just to WoW's past self. These are not quality of life improvements, but simply gutting the gameplay. WoW now to Vanilla WoW is like Brave Frontier to FF7.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    It makes them feel superior. People are inherently selfish and it's a natural reaction. They don't lie though, they try to fool themselves.

The Irony is that the exact opposite has happened. The game is inherently harder to beat the end-game bosses compared to the past.

Why they don't see it? Because when we all started we knew nothing about the game and it was all "hard". Now it's "easy".
    You've summed it up nicely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiding, and mainly to optimize for raiding, is a pretty big part of the game. You had to go through all the basic content before going to the extensive content of raiding itself. Hell, you even had to be optimal at Garrisons to optimize raiding.

Also Challenge Modes were a pretty big part of the first two weeks for the more serious raid teams.

(They were the the main source of epics before raiding, and they were harder than TBC's 5mans).
    .......optimal at garrisons? what? How do you figure? And I never stepped foot into challenge modes for gear before raiding I did my heroics and bought my crafted pieces and called it a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BotFen View Post
    People that quit usually don't say nothing about the quitting itself - they just go on with their lifes.

Those who DO talk about the act generally quit for lots of different reasons. For example, mine are:
    -Gutting the out-world elements in favor of hardcore raiders
    -Low-quality LFR experience with people being carried and ugly, meaningless gear
    -Lack of traditional RPG freaturess like the possibility of choice or a personality for my character
    -Other equally good MMORPGs around now (2015 is a beautiful year)
    -College got my neck
    -Friends aren't playing it anymore.
    WoW never really had any of that to begin with?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seefer View Post
    .......optimal at garrisons? what?

You can min max missions and followers. Sure it's not rocket science, but it's not faceroll either.

It makes them feel superior.
    I am going to make the assumption, based on hope, that you do not work in any field where you have to assess behavior.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, different expansions catered to different people so yea. Take TBC for instance, if you were a casual back then, that was a big nono.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can min max missions and followers. Sure it's not rocket science, but it's not faceroll either.
    I never heard of garrison missions or followers having anything to do with raiding.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardkorr View Post
    Well, the game is too casual. Also, that is why I quit.

What got harder:
    - Mythic bosses

What got easier over the years:
    - Removing mechanics from other raid difficulties by shoving all the interesting bits into Mythic
    - All LFR fights being tank n spanks
    - Elite mobs being soloable while leveling
    - No threat of dying to large packs of mobs while leveling
    - Leveling speed is greatly decreased for this expansion
    - Ashran vomits honor
    - Garrison vomits crafting mats
    - Hardest part of crafting went from boss drops, quests, or difficult feats to waiting
    - Legendary quest is just "Collect x" with easy scenarios

I could go on and on, but basically everything in the game is so damn simple. I'm not even comparing this to other games, just to WoW's past self. These are not quality of life improvements, but simply gutting the gameplay. WoW now to Vanilla WoW is like Brave Frontier to FF7.
    QFT. Because it bears repeating that having a hard-as-nails tiny part of the game doesn't mean the whole rest of the game isn't boringly easy and casual.