Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hunters getting certain pets as mounts and using them as mounted combat.
    Would never happen but the idea is amusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to ride my water elemental.

A spectral totem? Really? I'd rather ride a ghost wolf. And frankly, we have too many wolves as is. Same with another boar. We got 13 (!!!) in WoD. How many do we really need?

Class specific mounts would be nice, but chances are they'd have to be faction (or race) and class specific like the paladin chargers are. The lion might work for alliance warriors, but the equivalent for horde would be a wolf (which we got a ton of in WoD).

Personally, I'd rather see updated racial mounts available outside of PvP (seriously, why does PvP get new ones and PvE get the old blocky ones? ) before every class gets a class mount.

What I'd rather see for class mounts, though:
    Priest - unicorn or holy/unholy horse (depending if holy/disc or shadow)
    Mage - Arcane/fire/frost creature (changes based on spec). No idea on the creature since beyond the mana creatures that look like voidwalkers, there's not much really associated with mages. Flying tome maybe?
    Warlock - N/A

Rogue - something that's a master of stealth or camouflage itself. Zhevra, tiger, panther, etc.
    * Blizzard can do stealthed mounts. Do the stealth mission with Garona and be mounted when you accept the quest. You're stealthed on a mount. But giving a mount an effect like that would be unfair if other mounts don't get a similar effect such as a priest mount AoE healing, a mage mount AoE damaging, etc.
    Monk - N/A (they have their glyph cloud)
    Druid - N/A (they have their glyph travel form AND flight form)
    Demon Hunter - some demon creature. Would say felstalker, but that thing may as well be yet another wolf due to the animations. The HotS Illidan mount just looks terrible so I don't want to see that one, either. The claws on the hooves look like booties and no horse would be able to walk without tripping over themselves with such things.

Shaman - earth/fire/water creature (changes with spec). Akin to mages, no idea on what creature since not much is associated with shamans aside from elementals ... and the ghost wolf (and we need another wolf like a hole in the head). And there's not really an elemental that looks ridable without looking stupid.
    Hunter - just let them ride their pets via a glyph

Paladin - N/A
    Warrior - either an armored lion/wolf (faction specific) or an alternate armored version of every faction mount (race specific). I.E. Humans get an armored horse, dwarves get another ram, orcs get a wolf, trolls get a raptor, etc.
    Death Knight - N/A

Would be interesting to see a mount that can change via your spec. Blizzard has shown they can change a mount via a quest (warlock green fire) so a spec related one wouldn't be out of the question.

Sounds like an idea that would add some sorely missed flavor to the game, so I'm sure the community would cry and moan about it - but I'd totally be in favor for it. I got both original Warlock mounts back in the day and I always loved that quest chain and still use the mount to this day. I think I have the reagents sitting in my bank still...
    I'd love to have a mount for every class, that'd be fun, so long as the mounts truly identify with the class.

I think a class mount would be cool for all classes.. a lot of classes have them already..I would like to do a chain quest for one... maybe a class flying mount would be cool ?

Shamans riding flying totems? Someone drug test TS asap...

But yea, class specific mounts sound cool, I'd dig it...

10+ Year Old Account
    We need more unique modeled mounts that aren't coming from the InGameStore. If that has to come in the forms of class mounts then sure.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

I already have mine!