Thread: demo help

Deleted

demo help

Hey guys,

I would really love it if somebody could help me with demonology. I have been playing destro/aff the last couple of months and although it's going great I have heard that demo really shines on kormrok and mannoroth. Since I really love the spec and want to increase my numbers I wanted to give it a shot. I haven't played it since brf so I'm a little rusty.

I'm guessing it's good because of the burst aoe damage. So for talents I'd think of cata with synergy for both fights. Is mannoroth fury any good for these fights? The hands/imps die pretty fast with our group so I'm not sure this would be an increase of dps for me.
    Now how about the dark soul glyph? Do we still use it with cata?

So if anybody has some advice for me regarding talents and glyphs for these 2 fights it would be great. This is only for mythic fights btw.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe this is a well known site amongst warlocks that could give you some insight on demo.

http://darkintentions.net/62-demonology-guide.html

Quote Originally Posted by Skylarking View Post
    I believe this is a well known site amongst warlocks that could give you some insight on demo.

http://darkintentions.net/62-demonology-guide.html
    Wouldn't ever trust a site that bases 100% of its information on sims.

The stickied Demo guide is far better.

Deleted
    Thanks for your help!
    I've read both guides but I'm still a little uncertain about some things. I did look up some of the better demo locks (on the logs) and they seem to use cata+synergy or supremacy (which I didn't expect to be honest). They also seem to be using the darksoul glyph so I will try it for sure.
    I just hoped someone with experience in playing demo at these 2 fights would shed some light on the fights and maybe could give me some advice about the do's and the don'ts.

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Thanks for your help!
    I've read both guides but I'm still a little uncertain about some things. I did look up some of the better demo locks (on the logs) and they seem to use cata+synergy or supremacy (which I didn't expect to be honest). They also seem to be using the darksoul glyph so I will try it for sure.
    I just hoped someone with experience in playing demo at these 2 fights would shed some light on the fights and maybe could give me some advice about the do's and the don'ts.
    On those two fights, DS glyph makes sense because all of your damage is loaded into Cata/CW burst during the imps/hands. Optimizing is done similarly for both fights, make sure to precast Cata and follow it with 2x Chaos Waves. Have a /petmoveto macro to move your Felguard to where the imps are being gripped to (or where the hands spawn), and begin Felstorming when you see the imp meteors flying from the spire. Moving your Felguard is extremely important and will net you a ton of damage, even more so if you manage to maintain 5 stacks of the 2PC buff. If damage on the imps is low, you can add Immolation Aura, which in itself does quite a bit of damage.

Deleted
    Thank you very much! Would you recommend the UGoS trinket for this? Or just stick with class trinket + DSI?

I'm wondering the same thing actually. I was assuming if I could dig up my old T17 4 set then I could roll without the class trinket and use Mythic UGoS or Heroic PoF with DSI, but if you're planning on using your current tier set I would see the class trinket making sense. I'm not sure which is the better choice, however this late into progression with ilvls inflated as they are I would think current tier.
    Last edited by Xandy; 2015-10-13 at 04:57 PM.

UGoS doesn't really give much aside from an uncontrollable damage proc. The class trinket gives you more imps, which results in more Fury and Molten Core procs, which in turn that it's easier to maintain the 2PC buff while still having enough MC procs to dump on DSI procs, a buff to single target damage.

Yea it makes complete sense to use the class trinket with current tier because they synergize so well however I was wondering if folks are still using the old tier 17 set bonus for this fight?

Adds shouldn't live past Cata and 2 Chaos Waves so no T17

Yeah T17 is only useful if you're raid is absymal at nuking imps.

Okay thanks for the info, I was looking through Demo logs and noticed a 10 cast disparity with Chaos Wave between some of the top parses and thought perhaps the old bonus was still being used by some.