Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    It's really not different, you got a baseline amount of guaranteed embers from casting (you get a baseline amount of shards from conflag), and then you had RNG embers you got from crits (you get RNG shards from immolate hits / crits).
    As already was said, embers were more gradual, which at least felt better. Now destro is in very strange position. Demo generates one shard with every filler cast or uses RNG AoE generator (without talents), spends 1-4 to cast HoG. Affli has internal gradual shard generation and we spend it on UA for 1 shard each, which is pretty flexible. Destro gains 1 shard every 12 sec (without haste) and needs 2 shards to cast nuke and 3 shards to cast our only baseline AoE. Maybe it will become better at level 110 with Burning Hunger and Soulsnatcher traits, but I felt very shard-starved in HFC M during prepatch.

I don't get why embers being more graduated is such a big thing to a lot of people. You can do the exact same thing with half an ember as you can with an empty soul shard: nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    I don't get why embers being more graduated is such a big thing to a lot of people. You can do the exact same thing with half an ember as you can with an empty soul shard: nothing.
    I think ember bits subjectively feel more reliable. If you're at 2.9, you know that within 1-2 casts you're going to have another ember, whereas shards is more of a either-get-one-or-you-don't, which people apparently don't like.

Scathbias

During testing I've been using cauterize master on cooldown + healthstone to keep myself going for a few minutes. In group content and raids the problem will be non existent since the AoE heals your healers regularly use will more than take care of the little bit of health loss from life tapping. It won't stress them at all.

Also, you should not be life tapping after every MT. Save yourself globals by practicing this now, but I only life tap if I'm extremely low after MT refreshing. I don't have % showing on my mana bar, but probably only <15% or so

Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    I think ember bits subjectively feel more reliable. If you're at 2.9, you know that within 1-2 casts you're going to have another ember, whereas shards is more of a either-get-one-or-you-don't, which people apparently don't like.
    I suppose. But that's only for the RNG shards. Conflag shards are guaranteed, and you can see its timer just fine - that always seems to get neglected.

Does Roaring Blaze stack? I feel like I'm seeing comments in here that indicate it does but when testing it on live the damage only goes up once. I'm also getting the feeling that Backdraft is becoming a superior Talent with the Incinerate buffs and the Roaring Blaze nerfs.
    CPU: Intel I5-3570k 4.7ghz MB: Gigabyte Z77-D3H
    GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Ram: G-Skill 8GB 1333
    SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 120GB PSU: Corsair CX850M Case: Corsair 750D

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Woulda been more fun / fitting if it like, made conflag consume the remaining dmg of immolate for a boost or sumpin similar to how it used to in the past.

RB fits kind of awkwardly in the spec, and how it fits changes based on haste. It's actually going to be a nightmare for most players to use. Maybe a big part of the reason for the nerf, making it only a few % increase over backdraft (before the tier bonus anyway).
    I feel like they should have just let Roaring Blaze allow your Conflagrate damage to cause your Immolate on a target to instantly tick for 25% of its maximum damage. That sounds like a much easier implementation. If too many people struggle with it I believe the devs will change it.
    "Warlocks are the class that gives

we give all our spells and abilities to other classes"

- Bamboozer, from the Official WoW Warlock Forum

But...maintaining the stacks is the whole fun of the spec now...

Closing this! It's been a good Beta cycle but from now on please use: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Destro-Guide