10+ Year Old Account

Aspect of the Turtle?

Just been looking through the sound files on wowhead ( http://www.wowhead.com/news=250035/p...-sounds-part-3 ) and found some hunter sound effects. Aside from the fact it seems like we're getting new sound effects for our abilities, which is pretty exciting in itself, it appears at least one of the specs will be getting aspect of the turtle, as seen with the sound file labelled "spell_hu_aspectoftheturtle_impact". No idea what it might do, but the name itself sounds pretty tanky.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntardicus View Post
    Just been looking through the sound files on wowhead ( http://www.wowhead.com/news=250035/p...-sounds-part-3 ) and found some hunter sound effects. Aside from the fact it seems like we're getting new sound effects for our abilities, which is pretty exciting in itself, it appears at least one of the specs will be getting aspect of the turtle, as seen with the sound file labelled "spell_hu_aspectoftheturtle_impact". No idea what it might do, but the name itself sounds pretty tanky.
    Maybe it reduces damage taken by entire raid for X seconds.. similar to Aspect Of The Fire (rip).

Possibly beast mastery version of defensive cooldown rather than deterrence? Since it probably only makes sense that deterrence would be for survival now, and they're trying to make each spec more unique

Instead of Cheetah where it boosts your allies' speed by 30%, Turtle will reduce your allies' speed by 30%! The slow and steady win the race!

Deleted
    Uhm nobody wrote it down here so:

Listed under new Spells on wowhead

Call Greater Eagle: Teleports the caster to the Trueshot Lodge.
    Aspect of the Cheetah: Increases your movement speed by 90% for 3 sec, and then for 30% for another 9 sec.
    Aspect of the Turtle: You deflect all attacks and take 30% less damage for 8 sec, but you cannot attack.

7+ Year Old Account
    Apparently we're getting new bullet/arrow impact sounds too. Sweet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Instead of Cheetah where it boosts your allies' speed by 30%, Turtle will reduce your allies' speed by 30%! The slow and steady win the race!
    should also add the daze mechanic to this for ultra feels. [Players taking damage while Aspect of the Turtle is active will be dazed, reducing their speed by an additional 30%.]

#removedazemechanics
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ph4rmacy View Post
    Uhm nobody wrote it down here so:

Listed under new Spells on wowhead

Call Greater Eagle: Teleports the caster to the Trueshot Lodge.
    Aspect of the Cheetah: Increases your movement speed by 90% for 3 sec, and then for 30% for another 9 sec.
    Aspect of the Turtle: You deflect all attacks and take 30% less damage for 8 sec, but you cannot attack.
    Awesome! Thanks for spotting that, so I guess it will basically be a renamed + newly animated deterrence. That's pretty cool, since it fits our class way better than blocking attacks with random spinning blades.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome! Thanks for spotting that, so I guess it will basically be a renamed + newly animated deterrence. That's pretty cool, since it fits our class way better than blocking attacks with random spinning blades.
    I assume Deterrence, along with the animation, will remain for survival, since it's rooted in the idea of using melee weapons defensively, and Aspect of the Turtle will be the ranged version.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie.
    And with strange aeons even death may die.

There is a Legiondary with the effect:
    Draugr, Helm of the Everlasting King: You may continue to fight while under Aspect of the Turtle.

Looks like an improved Deterence

Quote Originally Posted by Rorixis View Post
    There is a Legiondary with the effect:
    Draugr, Helm of the Everlasting King: You may continue to fight while under Aspect of the Turtle.

Looks like an improved Deterence
    Did they say if these will work in pvp? Feels wrong to have survivals not let them attack, they should have some slight defensive buff due to having to be up close and personal

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    That was Pack not Cheetah :P

Quote Originally Posted by ph4rmacy View Post
    It is also under Leather? Have we changed to Leather this expac as I haven't seen anything to say we are.

Maybe it's a form of hunter water walking/swim speed boost?

Quote Originally Posted by Krillen View Post
    It is also under Leather? Have we changed to Leather this expac as I haven't seen anything to say we are.
    A lot of the legendaries are not right like Increase storm strike range(shaman) is on plate so don't look at the actual item just look at the passives because the item they are on will be changing most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Maybe it's a form of hunter water walking/swim speed boost?
    Its just a renamed Deterrence