Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    The game is over when they release the dance studio

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    (spoilers for anyone who doesnt know anything)
    Anyone else get the feeling that Legion is THE big finale?

I mean, how many story threads are getting all wrapped up in this xpac that we know of?

The BC ending is getting advanced with demon hunters and illidans return
    The WotLK ending with bolvar is getting advanced, im taking a guess that he will be involved in fighting the legion
    Cataclysm loose ends will be tied up, regarding neptulon and azshara and hyjal
    Mop didnt really matter
    WoD was filler

We are going to visit the emerald nightmare
    Ysera and cenarius will be corrupted

There is ALOT of lore here!

The ramifications of these events is immense!

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if this was either the last or second to last expansion, i feel like some things are being seeded for a future Xpac, but this seems like the final act...
    They have repeatedly said that WoW will be around in the next 10 years, at least. Man, I can't wait doing the same raid in 7.4 for 5 years.

"Mop didn't really matter"

that made me laugh out loud cause it's so true.
    Casual.

I'm definitely getting the same vibe.

All the minor quests and bits of lore are getting wrapped up in the Artifact quests. The little teaser hints from long ago about tirisfal, about the dark riders of karazhan, etc. Demon Hunters are finally added, and anything you could consider tinkers are being thrown into hunters. Even getting some dark-ranger stuff.

It feels like they're taking every last request, and finding a way to stuff it in somewhere.

I think after this expansion, we're just going to get 1-tier mini expansions.

WoW is being set up in a way that they can:

1. Add/sell weapon skins, without much effort. Instead of creating hundreds of weapons, they can just release weapon skins.

2. Scaling is setting up WoW to be transitioned to a permanent life-support. Future raids could be scaled so whenever you join during the game, the raid is relevant.

3. Dungeons are being set up to be recycled easily, for all levels. After Legion they can just add 1 dungeon here and there indefinitely, and available to any level.

4. Lore can be piecemeal. Instead of a huge expansion, they can just do a 1-zone, 1 raid expansion that scales to all players. Rewards are cosmetic gear, mounts, or heirlooms.

5. Removing Glyphs means they can focus on expanding talent trees. They can freeze our level at 110, and instead they could release a zone that awards us a new 'talent' that is basically the same as a major glyph.

Legion is the end. When this expansion "ends" we'll still get raids and dungeons here and there, but it will be smaller and optional expansions. Instead of paying $50 to keep up, it will be "Pay $10 to Unlock the Raid on Argus" - it will come with a 6-boss raid, a 3-boss dungeon, and a scenario that lets you unlock a Legion themed skin for your weapon. Complete all 3 on heroic mode or better to unlock your Tier 21 skins! "Pay $25 to unlock playable Naga race" - can only play as Shaman, Warlock, Mage, and Warrior.

They are streamlining all classes so they'll never have to add a class again. Want to be a blood mage? Well for $5, you can unlock this tome for your mages that will turn all your spells a crimson red. Your ice balls and fire balls will look like swirling masses of blood. Want to play as a necromancer instead of a death knight? For $15 you can unlock the ability to transmog your DK's plate gear with cloth, and also gives all of your attacks a 5 yard range so you can pretend you're a caster.
    Last edited by Potassiumgluconate; 2015-11-24 at 09:32 PM.
    The post that Blizzard banned me for:
    2014-11-28 19:55:26 [Trade - City] Potassiumgluconate: female dwarf butts are the best thing that this expansion has given us.
    Butts are a touchy subject.

If you ever did the bc dungeon that has millhouse manastorm in it. The final boss talks as if the legion is nothing compared to his race. So my guess would be old gods and more AQ stuff to come sooner or later. Legion also we might just be dealing with Sargeras's shadow not his true form. So that would then enable us later to visit the eradar homeworld. Still some old gods to deal with and possible new ones to. But leveling they really need to come up with something like how EQ did with AA points. EQ did one expansion were it was just all dungeon content. Having just some dungeons and raids added would be neat, maybe new battle grounds for pvpers to. Course you will still need something for the casual player to do if there not into dungeons or pvp.

I think the Finale will have to do with the Titans and old gods, also meaning Sargeras even though he's part of the legion. So possibly this is setting it up or this is just showing us how big of a threat they are.

WE arent dead so it's not the end, stop makin up shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    If you ever did the bc dungeon that has millhouse manastorm in it. The final boss talks as if the legion is nothing compared to his race. So my guess would be old gods and more AQ stuff to come sooner or later. Legion also we might just be dealing with Sargeras's shadow not his true form. So that would then enable us later to visit the eradar homeworld. Still some old gods to deal with and possible new ones to. But leveling they really need to come up with something like how EQ did with AA points. EQ did one expansion were it was just all dungeon content. Having just some dungeons and raids added would be neat, maybe new battle grounds for pvpers to. Course you will still need something for the casual player to do if there not into dungeons or pvp.
    We need to find the one ring, which can destroy Sargeras forever. He still lingers until that is destroyed. Meanwhile he is searching for a woman with green eyes to sacrifice so he can return to flesh again.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Everquest is on what, 20 expansions, and you think WoW, the biggest cash cow in MMO history, is going to stop at 6 or 7? We've still got Titans and Old Goes. We've still got the goblin trade princes, and Maruzond and his infinite flight, and Azshara, and the Zandalari, and Bolvar could go crazy, so could Sylvanas, Jaina, Anduin, hell even Baine if they wanted to go there. We've already been to an alternate timeline, I doubt the'll run out of things for us to fight any time soon.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure Gallywix will finally make an appearance in 8.0 and we'll enjoy a few patches of rave content.

Because Blizzard is incapable of making new lore. It's not like they're making money to tell fictitious stories or anything.

Also you're dead wrong about MoP and WoD. Whether you like the themes or the overall expansions or not, the events of MoP led us to the invasion of the Burning Legion. If MoP and WoD hadn't happened the Legion wouldn't be returning.

No. where the fuck is my pirates of south shore expansion
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Everquest is 5 years older when WoW with far less players and they still add new expansions. WoW will be going for a long, long time. They will simply keep making up new lore as they go.

I think its set up where if Legion is another catastrophic decline they CAN sunset WoW with this but if its a surprise hit they can just keep going. People who want to believe WoW is literally going to exist forever will always cite everquest, but everquest doesnt have a f2p card game spin off and semi moba spin off that are printing way more money than WoW. They won't keep updating something if the massive decline keeps up when they can break that team up into a dozen F2P studios to put out mobile games and make astronomically more profitable titles. Thats the difference, other companies dont have the giant fallbacks Blizzard has right now. Shit even Nintendo had to resort to selling tiny plastic dolls with microchips in to find another cash cow as the 3DS reaches market saturation.
    Last edited by dope_danny; 2015-11-25 at 02:56 AM.

End of an Era maybe, not end of WoW.

Remember, we killed Ragnaros. Blizzard said at time that this wouldn't go unnoticed. There will be a lore here for an expansion. We actually killed Fire in azeroth in a perspective. Who is the lord of fire now?

Galakrond remains were almost revived by the lich king. What if someone else succed at bringin him Back to life?

Also, The Death of Sargeras, doesn't mean the Death of the Burning Legion. Demons existed before Sargeras. We don't know for sure how Sargeras became corrupted. Theres Story here for an Expansion.

If i remember Right Diablo and even Starcraft are in the same universe. If blizzard want to go crazy, they could make an Expansion exploring that. Not a big fan of that idea tho.

And, if everything fails. we can always Time Travel again to another important events and have a new Panda expansioN! EL OH EL!

But, Basically: we got an entire expansion of a fucking continent full of Cute PandaBears who knew Kung-Fu and then we time travel to the past orc world for not much of a reason. Do Not Worry, They can keep up with that forever. What we need to worry is if we can keep up with some lores.(i skipped mop entirely, and wod is pretty "meh" lore-wise. but i like how the story was told.)

Ah, and bonus: anyone else noticed that if you spin each letter in "mop" in 180degrees up-down you would get "wod"? ITS A CONSPIRATION FOR THE FILLER-EXPANSIONS? :O

Ok i'm done.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

and tirion die (or at least, ive seen a "tirion's soul" somewhere, so i dont think its a good sign for him

"Mop didnt really matter"

I hear this so often. When does original stories not matter. Have we as the audience now decided that Blizzard is not allowed to create new content, unless it is a rehash of old characters or directly tied to the "golden days" lore from Warcraft RTS to WOTLK.

Deleted
    What about the emerald nightmare - I doubt that it will "just" be a raid. Lots to build an expansion on. Also the war itself (horde vs alliance) can make an expansion. Who knows what kind of lore we get introduced to in Legion (at least some nightelf story) ... Lots of stuff to build on..

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Nah, next expansion is going to be Azshara with all the Naga popping up, maybe after that, but we'll see where the story takes us.
    "next expansion is azshara" - every fanboy since Wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by fcc View Post
    I do think this may be the end of the Legion though, seems like they're getting hit square in the nuts
    Unless we take the fight to them in the Twisting Nether it will not be the end of the Legion. More than likely we stop the invasion and set them back like before. I would seriously like to see us eventually find the Titans only to find out they are dead and something bigger is out there.