Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Season 5 all over again!

Well, a low level dk defeated illidan at the frozen throne. No, he got no powers there, he was actually losing his levels and fought a max level illidan. You won only because of your armies. Thats the truth. Skip that wow quest in wotlk, thats not the truth, its just there for your entertainment. I do the same with movies and books stick to the original not the bad remake.

But, right now a dk could defeat most classes and their specs easily in 1vs1 combat, simply because of the really high constant dmg and high constant selfheals. The only guys that have a shot on dks is a feral, because of incarnate the burstwindow could kill him and a good sub rogue with shadowdance could burst him down too and prevent selfheals through the talent evasion and cloak of shadows. combat rogue - too long waiting time for the red buff...., assassinate poison burst could be prevented with ams, same way how i cannot recommend the moonkin incarnate burst.

well, but when the DH is availible shortly before legion, the system will be changed and i am not sure if a dk is availible at all without his pvp talents, like necro strike only availible at lvl110, because without it that 100% leech for 30 sec is really op, i have to see the dmg numbers though and a lot can change.

i would rather go with a hunter or mage for this one, if he gets kited well enough a DH's 100% leech should be in vain.

btw, some strange comment about warri countering anything. Thats not true, cause only prot is viable in duels and there, you cannot deal with mages, probably not survival hunters either and certainly not rogues cause i would not leave my stealth when i see a prot tank....why should i? arms is really easy as combat rogue at least.
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2015-11-25 at 05:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    PvP on WW was amazing in MoP. Good DPS output, tons of CC and mobility. Lots of Monks were taking on two or three people at a time and still coming out on top. They were a very desired spec for arenas. They had great defensive abilities too.

Granted, SEF was broke from day one. Glad they made the changes. Still going to have to spec right for AoE in Legion.

Windwalker was crap for anything but duels when it came out... I was the first monk in 2s in EU at somethink like 2k1 rating..... It was beastmastery hunters and warriors everywhere. WW only became op towards the end of mop.

So if DH is anything like monk at release, it will be a POS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Season 5 all over again!
    Yeah cause monks were op in at release too ...

Just looking at the crazy changes to all classes and not knowing what their talents/pvp talents are there is a strong possibility that dh will suck in pvp at release. It will all be balanced eventually.

Deleted
    I can see WW monks tearing them a new one, they will not be able to kite them and karma will allow you to survive no problem to wait on stun dr after gettin their trinket, then dropping them in a RSK>Leg Sweep>Hurricane>fists>RSK with TEB up, now that fist is channel while moving.

Deleted
    traditionally in all RPGs classes that are not ridiculously OP, have a combination of 4 of those: burst damage, cc, survivability, mobility,range, utility:

range and utility tend to count for 0.5 and if one of those aspects is EXTREME, they'll probably have only 3-3.5 of those

we already know that DH will be on the extreme scale of mobility and mellee, as most people already guessed, while having both mobility and survivability would be extremely hard to kill (unlikely probably squishy), while being heavy on CC is unlikely due to the fantasy, this is left for rogues, we do not know if the dps is going to be burst or sustained though

if DH is a turbo speed glass cannon as most of us expect he's going to be a mage's worst nightmare, while capable of killing most ranged classes with ease,
    in that case plated classes,especially warriors would be DH natural predators

it's also quite possible that DH are suspectible to rogues, if they are pretty much the same except mobility vs cc in a mellee duel all mobility allows you to do is run for your life

Any pure dps class should be able to counter DHs in a certain way (even rogues). Why? Well because you have 3 specs to choose from and there ought to be a specific spec/talent/glyph build that could counter DHs...

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If we go by WC3's Arthas vs Illidan duel, obviously, DK's.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghazan Julio View Post
    My guess would be warriors 1st then pallies and hunters 2nd, I think demon hunters will eat dks alive like rogues can. You either need a class with a lot of self defense or enough tricks up their sleeves to defend again the high speed fighting. Bubbles for pallies and their healing, warriors have a ton of health and can say fuck this and blade storm pop some defensives, whereas hunters can stuick the fuck back and hold them off(thinking MM would be best sick talents HEADSHOT!. If you take a look at the new talents you'll understand me I imagine. btw WOOOHOOOOO OVERPOWER IS BACK FOR WARS HURRAY FOR THEM! Too bad their artifact weps look boring as hell.
    You wait and watch m999. I think Dks will win. At least I hope so. I notice DH has lots of slows(Even 70%) and a bit of stuns so far. But DK healing is being cut down so not fully sure. Lot of hopes on this one for my Unholy DK.

March of the Damned
    Requires Death Knight
    Requires level 60
    You cannot be slowed below 100% movement speed, and the duration of effects that remove control of your character are reduced by 20%.
    Yeah warriors look better, so do DKs. You better be prepared for Necrotic Strike.

Deleted
    Wolkt Death knights 2.0

I see it

Quote Originally Posted by nizz View Post
    Wolkt Death knights 2.0

I see it
    This.

Monks were not an especially overhyped class. There wasn't much lore to them, they weren't really push as a huge new feature nor development more than anything else. They weren't nearly made out to be the centrepiece that Blizzard went for with the Death Knight and even more so with the Demon Hunter. Every Legion interview and bit of hype involves at least some reference to them, not to mention the whopping great "BUY NOW AND GET EARLY ACCESS!".

Call me cynical, but if Demon Hunters aren't overpowered with only minor nerfs for at least the first few months I will be very, very, surprised. It's going to be even worse than DKs because at least the Outland grind will have stunted a fair few, but they'll know most will take their DH's straight into the new content and want them to play on their 'main' and the new guy for a long while.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    They're going to be the next Monk. They're going to be stupid fun and OP for Legion and then next expansion they're going to be neutered. So don't worry about it too much.
    Windwalker in PvP was a joke at the start of MoP and didn't really get to OP levels at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Hunters and DKs will probably will probably be able to 1v1 them. Maybe Monks.

Well it would have to be something that can match the ridiculous mobility. Feral maybe? or moonkin.

With such little being know about them, we can only speculate.

Which leads to me into speculating that they want to give DHs an evasive/mobile kind of gameplay with little self healing. Like a combination of rogue and monk, without the healing.

We already know that metamorphosis will give 100% leech for its duration (30 sec). However, since it's unlikely to be usable in Arena due to its 10 min cooldown. And its use will be most likely shunned in duels outside arenas, similarly how abilities like Lay on Hands, Army of the Dead are right now. Actually 6 minutes now, this changes everything.

So depending what other defensives DHs will have, it will be included into the 30s of high dmg and healing through Metamorphosis. Any class that can endure all that will have a chance.

So counters for that could potentially be:
    -Any hybrid with strong healing and/or tankiness that can outlast the DH. Traditionally DKs, ferals and rets. Maybe even enhancement shamans.

-Classes that can overcome DHs mobility and kite them effectively. Traditionally frost mages and hunters. Monks having access to 4 rolls and 2 flying serpent kicks allow them multiple chances to recover and wear the DH down.

-Numerous stuns combined with heavy damage. If DHs will have no defenses usable while stunned or additional CC breaks, then rogues and warriors can stand a chance as well. Monk, again, can also be included in this category. These classes would have to force DH's trinket early and then survive until they can finish them off in a stun.
    Last edited by Divinism; 2015-12-01 at 02:59 AM.