Deleted

Collecting things.....strategy?

Hey guys, lets assume I want to collect as much as possible. Achievements, Toys, Mounts, Pets and Tabards are the order of the day. I have 1 geared main, and 6 lvl 100 alts (with 630-670 ilvls).

Is there a good strategy for farming? Do I farm as much as possible on my main? Or run the same thing over and over across multiple alts?

What about expansions? Focus on the current one? Start on the earliest?

Any nuggets of wisdom for a new collector?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post
    Hey guys, lets assume I want to collect as much as possible. Achievements, Toys, Mounts, Pets and Tabards are the order of the day. I have 1 geared main, and 6 lvl 100 alts (with 630-670 ilvls).

Is there a good strategy for farming? Do I farm as much as possible on my main? Or run the same thing over and over across multiple alts?

Make sure you don't burn out - can easily happen if you do all at once. Therefore I advice doing more variosu stuff, and use as little chars as possible.

I would personally go for Toys, Mounts and Titles.

I would also advice that you go for things that are gated by lockouts (say farm raids for mount) as they can only be done 1x a week. Do the grinds which you can do whenever till when your done with the rest for the week.

Basically what the guy above said. Focus on raids first, going for any mounts and pets you want/need. After I've finished the raids, then I'll focus on daily stuff, like heroic dungeons or dailies for rep. I also try to stick to as few characters as possible. The only times I use more than one is if it's a raid that's easy to solo and takes little time, or if it's something class specific (like the Fandral Fire Druid toy, which I can only obtain on my Druid alt). On a related note, for things like Tabards or stuff you have to physically hold onto, I try and get those on characters with lots of bag space. Although Tabards are more of an exception, as I earn the rep on my main and just don't buy the tabard. I'm waiting for the transmit warddrobe to buy them

I pick between 1-5 things depending on the effort required.

Currently I do my mount runs every week (DS,MSV,ToT, MoP world bosses, and Ruk), and grind out badges for Northrend cooking recipes. Prior to that I was running 7 characters through ZG everyday for the mount. After I finish getting the recipes I'll take a break for a few weeks while I figure out what I want to chase next.

I also suggest mixing it up, I would do archaeology for a week then switch it up to fishing for the next. While this will slow down your progression it will keep you from getting burnt out. It also leaves you at a nice place to pick up from.

Start with one or two characters depending on gear and go from there. As for content that is up to you. If you want the Ashran achievements start with those as many people wont do it past WoD. Always try to prioritize what may be taken away or get harder once the next expansion rolls out.

For mount farming try to get a lockout right at the boss if possible (This only works for normal past WotLK). Personally I'm more willing to kill a boss if I don't have to clear on each toon.

Happy hunting!

Quote Originally Posted by Aux View Post
    Start with one or two characters depending on gear and go from there. As for content that is up to you. If you want the Ashran achievements start with those as many people wont do it past WoD. Always try to prioritize what may be taken away or get harder once the next expansion rolls out.

For mount farming try to get a lockout right at the boss if possible (This only works for normal past WotLK). Personally I'm more willing to kill a boss if I don't have to clear on each toon.

Happy hunting!
    These things are key, especially now that we are nearing the expansions end. Things that are going away or becoming much harder to complete are always my top priority. However, trying to do them all can cause some anxiety and stress. So instead I start with the easy stuff and work up. For example, stuff that's going away once legion hits is: mythic archi and backhand mounts, the archi moose, likely the legendary ring, challenge modes, brawlers guild, and proving grounds. If you're into pvp, there is also the seasonal achievements. As I am a fan of feats of strength but terrible at pvp, I usually just aim for the "27000 conquest this season" achievements. Those are easy and can be done while working on ashran achieves, which will also become much harder in legion. As for the aforementioned stuff being removed, I recommend doing the ring while gearing up for the moose from heroic archi. Once you are heroic HFC guild, the backhand mythic mount should be fairly easy to obtain. Unless you're a mythic raider, the archi one will likely be near impossible to get without a boost. As for the challenge modes, brawlers guild, and proving grounds, those are more skill based than gear. The only real hard one out of those is the challenge modes. If you are a skilled player and have skilled friends to do them with, I say go for it. If not, open raid is a good way to find groups. If all else failed or if you have the spare gold, many guilds sell full carries for about 250k

Deleted
    I would focus on things that will be gone come legion like chalon said. I also wouldnt go and try to farm all the mounts every week on every toon. I like to set my sights on two or three farms and do those on every character each week. For example: currently running Tempest Keep for Ashes on all my 10 max levels every week. I also have one character parked in front of the Stonecore which i do once a day until i get the too many instances entered message and my third is one thats parked near a Zandalari Warbringer spawn. Those are the three im going after atm. If i loot one i just add a new one to the list. The amount of characters im running sort of ensures me to get them in a timely manner (10 attempts per week on Ashes, ~7 a day for the Stonedrake and depending on luck and time i have left a few for the Warbringers) while the amount of farms sort of ensure i dont burn out too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Start with content that is going to be removed (Wod pets, mounts, achi, FoS)
    Starting point : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post37539505

-Set up a Wowhead profile to track your missing quest/tabards/tabards/toy/etc. WoW mounts and Warcraft pets are also great trackers, I suggest you to get 3 accounts here.

-Have some free time, start by the lower level zones from Vanilla, using Wowhead zone pages to make sure you don't miss anything. Basically empty each zones of all its content, and don't forget to enjoy the content. It feels great to earn that much stuff.

-Write down things to do later (reputation required, stuff like that) on a paper as you progress

-Once you did that you'll certainly miss some rare mounts from raids, you can set up a weekly route for that; you'll get some nice gold in the process. I personally only play my main, doing all this on all your alts can cause you to burn out. It's like a "main game file". Plus, your main will get exclusive rewards that are not account wide (pvp mounts/FoS and some titles).

-While playing you'll make a list of things to do daily/weekly on your paper (checking the Wod Inn followers, things like that)

-Once you did that concentrate on the details (which is the longest stuff to get), farming the rare patterns, mounts, pets...

-After months/years of playing, just relax and chill wherever you like with your completionist account

If you're a real completionist, gold will be extremely useful, but you will need millions, and a deep auction house knowledge. It's up to you to set up those goals or not. If you're new, I advise you to skip this part for now and play the actual game.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2015-11-27 at 04:43 PM.

Deleted
    I mostly go for mounts and pets, titles don't bother me so much. I tend to find one that fits a character I have and work towards it.
    But yeah, for mounts I just pick 2/3 raid ones and focus on them (at the minute I'm going for mimiron and ashes), do them on 2 characters (3 if I can be arsed).
    Pets I just buy on AH or look for the rares who drop what I want, thats a lot looser and just comes down to "I want to play WoW, what can I do that doesn't take a lot of effort?".

Every now and again I'll run a few extra raids for stuff, but only if I have a big need to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalliss View Post

Yeah, consistency and patience.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."