Legion Talent Discussion

I just wanted to create a threat to discuss all the new talents. I'm mainly going to talk about Affliction and Demo, as I've always been an Affliction lock (Other than BC obviously) and I love it, and Demo looks fun an exciting now. So here's my opinion on the talents, and yes I realize this is all going to change before it goes live.

Affliction
    lvl 15: The options are between Haunt, Writhe in Agony, and Drain Soul.
    Let me start off with, Drain Soul seems pretty terrible. It doesn't seem to do much more than give a soul shard if a creature dies, at the expense of a third the amount of life drained.
    Haunt looks like it will be a nice Burst spell to help take down adds and such.
    Writhe in Agony I feel is going to be a huge though. Not wasting a GCD, and doubles it's growth, that to me sounds insane.

Lvl 30: The options are between Contagion, Absolute corruption, and Mana Tap.
    At first glance, Mana tap seems to be a clear winner. Though every 20 seconds you'll need to waste a BCD recasting it, which comes out to roughly one out of every 14 casts being a buff for 15%. As it means we'll need to LT more, that's another GCD we'll regularly be losing. So the damage might not come out so much higher in the long run.
    Contagion gives a passive 5% bonus damage added to a spell you should always have up anyway. So you're not losing GCD's to keep it up.
    Then there's Absolute Corruption, that seems mostly convenient, but with a duration of 14s that's a lot of GCD's you save, even more in multi-dot situations. Which could actually be pretty big, and it's effectively at least 10% more GCD's to use, and double on 2 targets.

Lvl 45: The options are between Soul Leech, Mortal Coil, and Howl of Terror.
    I love the change to Howl of Terror, but I'm pretty sure Soul Leech will be the go to talent for raiding.

Lvl 60: The options are between Siphon Life, Sow the Seeds, and Soul Harvest.
    There's no way Siphon Life will go live in it's current state. Unlimited range is just broken. Regardless, I don't see the talent being that strong given the damage is only 100% spell power. Sow the Seeds will probably be nice on trash with no CC, but Soul Harvest is just far too good to pass up.

Lvl 75: The options are Demonic Circle, Burning Rush, and Dark Pact.
    All great spells, and all very situation.

Lvl 90: The options are GoSupremacy, GoService, and GoSac.
    Honestly there just doesn't seem to be enough information on this. Supremacy will be easier than Service, but I think Service will be more damage, and time nicely with C/D's. There's no info on the damage or rate for Sac, so that's completely up in the air.

Lvl 100: The options here are between Soul Effigy, Phantom Singularity, and Demonic Servitude.
    Obviously lvl 90 will play a large part in this. Though with the changes to Doomguard/infernal I'm not sure servitude will be worth it to lose the C/D's.
    Singularity seems like it will only be good for large packs of adds.
    Soul Effigy depending on the percent of damage that transfers could be ludicrous. If it transfers all damage, that would be crazy. Between being able to multi-dot on every fight (Absolute corruption's looking better, as is Writhe in Agony), to getting around tricky encounters all together if the Soul Effigy doesn't have a range after being cast. High movement fights can possibly be ignored all together to just single target the effigy while people chase around the boss. If it is a complete transfer, this ability will be priceless.

So next up, DEMO!
    Lvl 15: The options are between Shadowy Inspiration, Shadowflame, and Demonic Calling.
    Shadowflame leaves too many questions so far, and while Demonic Calling seems nice because SB is a filler, it seems like we won't get a ton of time for casting SB's with all the other spells, so 10% doesn't seem worth it. Shadowy Inspiration however sounds incredible. In it's current state it looks like we'll be using Demonic Empowerment a lot, having an instant SB from it is huge.

Lvl 30: The options are Impending Doom, Improved Dreadstalkers, and Implosion.
    Implosion just seems really funny to me, and while it could have some serious potential depending on how many imps you'll have running around, I feel it's more lackluster. Impending Doom alone seems like it won't be as good as Improved Dreadstalkers, simply based on the CD being 5s more. Though there are other talents that if taken might change that quite a bit.

Lvl 45: Again, I think Soul leech will be the go to talent of choice.

Lvl 60: The choices are Hand of Doom, Power Trip, and Soul Harvest.
    Hand of Doom will be out of control on fights with a lot of adds, and would really make Impending Doom amazing. Power trip, which it doesn't seem unrealistic to have 2 Dreadstalkers, 7 Imps, and your summoned pet, over triples the power of a spell that already looks to be very heavily used. Soul Harvest is amazing, but my feeling is Power Trip will be amazing.

Lvl 75: Same thing, this seems heavily fight dependent.

Lvl 90: The options are GoSupremacy, GoService, and GoSynergy.
    Synergy doesn't have info yet on the proc rate of the two, though to me it seems like your demons will be dealing more damage than you will, and you'll spend more time casting spells based on summoning and empowering Demons so I feel like this will fall short. Service seems like it will both be more powerful, and will synergize well with things like Power Trip.

Lvl 100: The Options are Summon Inquisition, Demonbolt, and Demonic Servitude.
    I'm still up in the air on how I feel about Demonic Servitude, but as I feel Demo will gain more benefit from larger numbers of Demons, I'm inclined to say it won't be the best choice. Summon inquisition has pretty much no info, so there's no saying whether it will be great or terrible. But I feel like it will be the better option for fights with multiple adds, particularly when Taking Hand of Doom, and Impending Doom. Demonbolt however... At a lower mana cost than SB, and possibly 10 demons running around at all times, that's a 300% increase in damage. So unless Demonbolts base damage is just a lot lower than SB, this seems like it will be an extremely strong choice.

This is just my personal view on the talents, and I would love to hear what other people currently think about them. Also if someone wants to go through and do the same thing for Destro, feel free.

There's already a thread about talents - plus the pre-beta spec threads - that you could've posted this in.

That aside, you should probably re-read the tooltip for Drain Soul. Depending on whether the Secrets of the Necrolyte passive is multiplicative or additive, DS is either a 60% or 100% increase in damage over Drain Life. Based on Haunt's cooldown, they're approximately equivalent in damage in a single-target situation. DS obviously loses damage value versus Haunt the less you are able to channel it (primarily high movement and multi-DoT fights), although it gains significantly on add fights where you can benefit from the shards it provides. Pre-tuning I don't think dismissing it out of hand is a good idea.

CLOSED.

As noted there is already another thread about this.