New to Warlock 3s

Hey everyone,

I've been doing pvp extremely casually and just for fun with friends for around 10 years. But now I want to get into some decent PvP to make some new friends with a new goal.

My highest rating was just past 1700 on my rogue (with a hunter and disc I think, in 6.0). Nothing massive at all, just a bit past what people cap at. The thing is, we went like, 8 wins per loss, and only stopped because the hunter's time ran out the next day and I stopped too. (Maybe I'm like, an 1800 rogue)

I can't do melee in PvE though anywhere higher than normal, so I want my ranged to be my main, and have a compulsion to only focus on one character.

So here is my question and details:

I'm playing affliction warlock (can also do destro, though I believe it's pretty poor right now). I have a 732 PvP ilvl right now, so still on the very top gear-wise. My issue is I don't really know what sort of comp I should be playing. I've been watching streams and I watched the blizzcon tourney, but arena seems so Godcomp/RMD/Turbo based, with so few comps otherwise. I'm kind of worried that there are very few viable comps (though remember I'm extremely inexperienced, so please don't be aggressive with your argument).

Does anyone mind giving me some comp advice, and some affliction advice? I'd appreciate it a lot... Thanks

i7 4690K/4.7GHz | GTX 960 SSC (x2 SLI) | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Gigabyte Z97X SLI | Corsair CX600W | Corsair Air 540 Silver | Corsair H110i Cooler
    XL2430T @ 144Hz | Corsair K70 RGB Brown | Logitech G400S/800DPI+1.2 sens+Raw Input | QcK+

One does not just jump into 3v3 ... Start with 2v2 with a healer .. hPala is a good choice but any will do. Make sure to unbind S and bind all other utilities as well as a way to switch targets fast and focus one.

I use mouse wheel to switch targets .. you can also bind mouse wheel to focus target for super fast focus ..

The idea is to have one target in full CC and then nuke the other ..

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/24...ock-guide-547/

LSD : Affli/ele/rdruid
    WLS : warrior/affli/rsham
    MLS : frost mage /affli/rsham
    RLS : sub rogue/affli/rsham
    HLS : survival hunter/affli/rsham
    Last edited by Cempa; 2015-11-27 at 04:37 AM.