Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    leveling as sub in wod is bad.
    Go assassination. Tbh, you should have boosted Combat.

Here's what you do:
    Switch to Assassination, read how to play (note that Muti is the opener, you'll want anticipation as well instead of mfd)
    Pull NO MORE than 3 mobs at once. Because of Venomous Wounds, you'll want to make use of tab-swapping. I think Sin will be very good in Legion, so this will be good practice. You'll want to get Deadly poison on them, and use Rupture to increase your energy regen.
    KEEP MOVING. As a hunter you're probably facetanking with your rogue because you're not used to moving. We're mobile, so you should never get hit by an AOE, and you can Kick/blind/Kidney any casts (I personally do them in that order if the casts keep coming before kick is off cd)
    Keep Slice N Dice up as often as possible (you hopefully won't have to worry about this past 92) and make sure you Recuperate on big mobs. Use Leeching poison so you can Shiv to heal 4%.
    Evasion if you're getting low. Cloak if you see magic dmg incoming that you can't avoid (I use this often on those Elite Demons by one of the Hellbane mobs when they use Chaos Strike or w/e).

Have you ever been pvping and seen a rogue run in circles around you while he's hitting you? That's how you need to move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasani View Post
    You are in the demon hunter forum, otherwise known as the 7.0 hype train. Why did you board the hype train if you don't wish to participate in hype train activities?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    So, topic, l have a big problem atm. Few days ago l rolled a rogue, l have played the class before (lvld one to 85 back in cata) so i'm not a complete noob with it, but its definitely one of the classes i'm very good with. I rolled one and used the ptw boost to lvl 90 (the one included in wod purchase, i had not yet used it) but, not before leveling to 60 (to get profs.) which took about 15 hours of /played, spread out over 4 days. While leveling 1-60 l was Combat specced, but the lack of aoe bored me to death, so l decided to change later, to get fan of knives.
    So combat has a lack of AOE. Says more then enough , that you have no clue about rogues or what so ever.

Level10 you get blade flurry. Da AOE spell for combat.

Good luck

Deleted
    Glyph of deadly momentum or w/e its called (which refreshes your recup, so if u apply a 5cp recup once it will refresh every time you kill a mob)

I personally leveled at the launch of wod as assa, even went for shuriken toss so you can pull from the same range as a hunter and have 5cp when the mob actually comes up to your face. If you have troubles with getting shit on by the mobs hitting you, then just do this and skip mfd

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    So, topic, l have a big problem atm. Few days ago l rolled a rogue, l have played the class before (lvld one to 85 back in cata) so i'm not a complete noob with it, but its definitely one of the classes i'm very good with. I rolled one and used the ptw boost to lvl 90 (the one included in wod purchase, i had not yet used it) but, not before leveling to 60 (to get profs.) which took about 15 hours of /played, spread out over 4 days. While leveling 1-60 l was Combat specced, but the lack of aoe bored me to death, so l decided to change later, to get fan of knives.

Now to the point; l used my boost and got to 90. Did the utterly boring intro in Tanaan Jungle, and already here l was starting to notice some quite scary things: l was getting owned. And by owned l mean fucking slaughtered. I could barely take on 1 mob, let alone 2-4 which is the size of the packs they come in. I figured this might be because l had no abilities or something, but as l got to unlock a few more abilities, it didn't get any better.

Now i'm out of the starting-intro and have just went out to lvl for real, on the first quest atm for the garrison, so going out in frostfire ridge - i'm still getting rekt. I can take down a few mobs (if one at a time), but it is extremely frustrating. My hp goes down as if it was a joke, and l do hardly any damage at all. It really is as if l was playing with severe debuffs like rez sickness or something of the sorts. My gear you ask? The standard gear setup given after the boost, i.e full 483 ilvl + some blues from the intro quests, including a 520 blue weapon (total equipped ilvl is 495). My rotation is the same as suggested by pretty much everyone everywhere, i.e ambush, hemorrhage, kidney shot + backstab, slice n dice and eviscerate - although i'm forced to use gouge, evasion and recuperate on pretty much every normal mob. Yeah, this isn't supposed to be the case. My hp is just below 50k, l really don't see what i'm doing wrong here? I've got only one lvl 100, which is a hunter that i lvl capped on without any problems at all. In mop l had over 15 lvl 90's, so its not like i'm running around keyboard turning and clicking abilities like some retard, although i currently feel like that l am, because i really cannot figure out what the hell is going on?

- - - Updated - - -

I forgot to mention that i am indeed applying poisons as well.
    lol, what do you think vanilla was like kid

Quote Originally Posted by Boil View Post
    Get better geared, look to Group Finder for SoO raids & get in those…

A Garrosh kill on Normal & up WILL net you some sweet Heirlooms, just make sure you choose the Spec you REALLY want to level with first, because you cannot tree in Heirloom Daggers for Heirloom Axes…
    He'd have to learn to time travel first as the heirlooms were removed with the launch of WoD.
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Haha, I was thinking the exact same thing when reading the OP. I remember having to use sap, blind, gouge, and evasion sometimes just so I can handle the mobs I fought who were always above my level. Using CC just to survive soloing helped me save groups from wiping when I actually did dungeons. If anything, the OP is learning the survival skills all good rogues should know.

OT: OP, just ask in general, trade, guild, or whatever chat for someone to partner up with while leveling. If it really is impossible for you to solo, make friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

For levelling, and questing, Combat spec

LINK

Major glyphs:

Deadly Momentum - refreshes the duration of Slice and Dice, and Recuperate

Recuperate - Heals yourself for more

Stealth - In conjunction with the talent "Cloak and Daggers", it pretty much allows you to instantly go onto the next mob... so no need to waste time running around between mobs.

Talents:

Shadow Focus - With the 75% energy reduction cost, lets you immediately use Ambush for your next mob.

Nerve Strike - Having trouble with the damage of an elite? Make it do 50% less damage.

Leeching Poison - Cheating Death is pretty useless since you shouldn't be dying anyways... so having Leeching Poison is nice to keep your health recovery going continuously alongside Recuperate constantly refreshing between mobs.

Cloak and Daggers - Absolutely vital, along with Stealth Glyph, to keep yourself jumping immediately to the next mob in stealth with Ambush.

Internal Bleeding - Extra DoT is always nice especially against Elites.

Marked for Death - Short CD, only 1 minute. And it resets when you kill the target. You can easily macro this to your Ambush ability to keep killing mobs absolutely quick.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea whats going on here. maybe interval between every sinister strike u use is 2 min, maybe u use eviscarate every 1 combo?
    i am combo rogue since 2005 and even as a noob was dying to a mob that bigger then me in 4 levels, when i was using eviscarate and didnt knew that rogues had the thing as "combo points"

I really cant believe that you guys bought this complete troll the fish is strong with this one....

Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    I really cant believe that you guys bought this complete troll the fish is strong with this one....
    Chances are it might at least help someone, and I've already had enough infractions for calling out obvious and well-known trolls. Dem rules doe.

I leveled as sub with no problems, occasionally I bit off more than I can handle, sometimes inadvertently pulling too many mobs, I did have a few Rares that gave me trouble, but I never really noticed it to be much different than leveling previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaese View Post
    He'd have to learn to time travel first as the heirlooms were removed with the launch of WoD.
    LOL…! TOTALLY forgot about Blizz taking the Heirlooms out…!

I do remember feeling somewhat frazzled as I worked to get a set of Axes for myself before WoD dropped, now I realize why. I knew they were gonna go away & I wanted twi axes to head into WoD with…

Got that stupid dagger on Normal (WTF Blizz, I am specced as Combat, I don't want no stinking dagger…!?!), then got extra lucky and nabbed axes off of Heroic & Mythic…

Stopped playing WoD about a month or so into the expansion, old laptop could not keep up anymore; was seeing LOW single digit frame rates in dungeons & raids…

Totally unplayable, so I am still stuck with the axes, my gear actually SUCKS right now…

New computer before Legion drops through, so I will have time to go back into WoD & get geared up before the expansion! Which means I get to get a bunch of new gear & immediately ditch it as I level thru Legion…! Vendoring Epics…! Good Times…!

10+ Year Old Account
    Had no issues leveling as combat. Get the glyph that refreshes your S&D and Recup after murdering someone and keep rolling

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xkiller9000 View Post
    Blind+bandage, whoops out of powder, fuck i'm ded.

Also, buy/steal some health potions, they are quite useful when leveling
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

#hunteraltproblems

I've levelled 4 rogues since vanilla, and your issues were valid before MoP (cataclysm levelling 80-85 was tricky at times) but these days it's SO easy for rogues in fact in the last year I've levelled 0-100 a priest, warlock and hunter, yet rogue was much easier than any of them.

-Blade flurry is arguably the best aoe in the game. Combat can destroy large groups of quest mobs without any issues or downtime.
    -Leeching poison with recovery glyph and deadly momentum glyph means zero downtime and soloing elites is trivial.
    -If you do somehow get in trouble then between the copious CC rogues have and vanish, you should never die.

I'm guessing that you're clueless about the class and you are trying to play without poisons, without recup and without stunning anything. That's the only explanation for your issues unless you haven't figured out how to repair broken gear...

Or you main a hunter.

Deleted
    You are doing something very very wrong. I've never played rogue before last week. Boosted rogue to 85 using RAF points, spec'd into combat. Took 5 minutes to read tooltips on abilities and started questing. Entered WoD starting area in mix of heirlooms (usual looms that were ilevel 463 at 90, not garrosh weapons) and MoP greens.

Easily killed 2-3 mobs at the same time. While leveling 90-100 I died couple of times to elites while soloing group quests. Most issues I had were "wanted" quests in spires of arak and bonus objectives also in spires.

CC mobs whenever you can. More then one? Nuke one, cc other one. Rogues have lots of crowd control. Low on health? Use healing ability thingie (recoup... or something like that). Actually, use it after every few mobs. Mob hitting hard? Evasion. Mob hitting very hard? Stun mob whenever you can, use evasion when you can't. Reset evasion cooldown after using it, use evasion again. Use combo points to heal.

I've had a lot of fun leveling it.

Deleted
    Ops isn't doing anything wrong, he is simply aproaching the class as he would play his Hunter. Rogues generally require more awareness and buttons to perform not like a ret paladin or a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Changed title and edited post - no real need to use that word for a videogame...
    Please go watch South Park Season 19 Episode 8 - Sponsored Content

On Topic:
    For me, easiest spec to play / level as is Assassination.
    Use Glyph of Deadly Momentum, depending on level keep Recuperate and Slice and Dice up all the time. Use Leeching Poison and Marked for Death talents.

Regular Enemies: MfD target > Rupture > Mut > Mut > Envenom > Mut > Mut > Envenom > Under 35% use Dispatch.
    (Ofc. always stick (stab? ) in that free Blindside attack)
    Getting swarmed (multiple enemies): Just Vanish and start over, take them down one by one.
    Elites and big targets: Always Refresh Recuperate and Rupture and SnD > Use Vendetta > Use Shiv to heal > Use Evasion when you're at 60% health (while they can't hit you you heal up) > Use Cloak of Shadows against Casters > Use Preparation to reset CDs > Evasion again > If it's not dead when you're at 10% health just Vanish and try again later when you're stronger.

If you're really having troubles use Glyph of Evasion. Extra 10 seconds of invincibility.

Hope this helps, I'm not a master of rogues but it's the class I played the most the last few years.

Edit: One other thing: Don't just spam your attacks till you deplete your energy bar. Get a feel for your regeneration and let your auto attacks / poison procs do some work, too.
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2015-12-04 at 12:18 PM.