Poll: Nostalgia about Vanilla WoW this year is:

Nostalgia about beginnings of WoW

Hey everyone, few days ago has passed 10 years i been actively playing WoW. For some strange reason this year theres a lot of nostalgia about the Vanilla WoW. I m wondering how many of you feel the same this year, so feel more nostalgia about beginning of WoW then you ever did before.

PS: - this is not about getting vanilla servers,
    - sorry for language if theres any Grammar mistakes.

Edit: I forgot to mention, my nostalgia (even tho i been hardcore raider from beginning till now) is mostly connected to zones, questing, music in zones, the feel in each map, heck even farming Timbermaw furbolgs in winterspring.
    Last edited by AlessioX; 2015-11-27 at 07:54 AM.

Deleted
    Well there are few things that im missing from vanilla but i think WoW improved alot in those years.. Well atleast they need to fix PVP a bit but PVE right now it one of best

All the countless hours grinding dungeons for the best blue pieces has to be the most memorable along with how huge and mysterious the world felt. First C'Thun kill is pretty high up there too.

Travelling across the world.

15+ Year Old Account
    Best part of vanilla: the freshness of the game. Impossible to return that.

Deleted
    Feeling to have only one or two chars at max level and putting all love there.. now beeing bored with 11x100...

I'd love blizzard creating some legacy servers. Private vanilla ones are... Meh. They're okay to kill nostalgia a little, but as soon as you step up with a bug, you realize those are not the same. Same goes when you reach max lvl and start raiding, when you see bosses not working lile on retail (razorgore cough cough).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insofin View Post
    I'd love blizzard creating some legacy servers. Private vanilla ones are... Meh. They're okay to kill nostalgia a little, but as soon as you step up with a bug, you realize those are not the same. Same goes when you reach max lvl and start raiding, when you see bosses not working lile on retail (razorgore cough cough).
    Sadly won't happen. Best hope is that private servers will eventually be polished enough to be truely blizzlike.

Also I fear by mentioning this subject you've doomed this thread to a lock.

I feel nostalgic about vanilla as usual, but not sure I would want to return to that exact game play mechanic. Vanilla was epic, but might be too grueling today. Having said that the game has had some improvements over the years, but sadly the bad decisions outweigh any good that has been implemented.

I feel less nostalgia because I am likely done with WoW now. After playing it for 11 years... yeah I think I am past the nostalgia. I will buy legion tho. And yes I do hold fond memories. But I have no illusion that I will ever play a game like Vanilla or TBC WoW ever again even in WoW. So instead of feeling nostalgic, I convinced myself it is a waste of time to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by ribald View Post
    Sadly won't happen. Best hope is that private servers will eventually be polished enough to be truely blizzlike.

Also I fear by mentioning this subject you've doomed this thread to a lock.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but as long as I don't say any server names, it remains as an OK opinion (like in the post http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Vanilla-Really ).

Looking on the past is normal. Finding it to be good times isn't really a bad thing. Because let us be frank.. if you absolutely hated the game in the past you likely wouldn't be here to discuss why. For sure if that time was 10+ years ago. Unless you are a fool that just forces your way though something you simply hate and unlike a job WoW doesn't pay the bills for 99.99% (made up number ftw) people out there. Plus I think it is kind of human nature to either remember what you dislike or like about something more strongly than the other. Rational people typically can see both but snap memory typically lands on one or the other. For me it always boils down to the people around me in the game. Which I have been lucky enough to always find good ones. But it didn't always end well. In both classic all the way up to WotLK and beyond to WoD. I just tend to remember the good times over the bad. Just my nature because I tend to forgive and forget the small bullshit that goes down on the internet pretty quickly. Things are a lot easier that way. Not to mention when I run into people that it didn't end well with and they are still bitter I just get this overwhelming feeling of them being major losers and in need of getting a life. WoW isn't worth being bitter and angry over long term.
    Last edited by Low Hanging Fruit; 2015-11-27 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, it had it's highs and lows. Doesn't mean I'd want to think about it or go back to those times. About the only fond memory I remember offhand are the Blizzard Guardians and the stories heard through grapevine when somebody tried getting past them. I'm sure there are more, but this expansion nor previous ones really made me think "Golly, I sure wish I were back in AQ20/40 or Naxx cause life was better!" It wasn't better. It was simply different, new and shiny. Learn to adapt to changes and you'll be fine. Trying to keep one foot back there and you'll be sorry.

Deleted
    I haven't played WoW in more than a year (don't even own WoD) but I still feel a lot of nostalgia for it, mostly related to Vanilla. Like someone said it's related to how huge and mysterious the world felt, the immersive music and stuff like that. I only have to think about Ashenvale and the Barrens to feel this way - I was a compulsive reroller and did these zones many many times. Sometimes I will be driving in real life and some mountains or roads will remind me of specific WoW places - that's how deeply ingrained it is in my mind.

I know I won't get that feeling back though, too much has changed in the game and in my life. Not even vanilla servers can do it since it's more about feeling lost and threatened at all times than it is about the patch itself.

Deleted
    Little nostalgia after playing Vanilla servers and realizing in this day and age the game just isn't fun.

Nostalgia for BC though, hell yes

Quote Originally Posted by Orgtar View Post
    Little nostalgia after playing Vanilla servers and realizing in this day and age the game just isn't fun.

Nostalgia for BC though, hell yes
    BC, now that was a real expansion. Hell, compared to the junk we have today I even feel nostalgic for Wotlk. It was a good expansion overall.

I had a burst of nostalgia this morning. I'm leveling a Monk (never got around to playing one before) and was currently in the Badlands. Went into Angor Fortress for a quest and suddenly I was reminded of when my very first character (a Rogue) hit level 40 and desperately needed cash to buy that oh-so-expensive 100g mount. The time I spent in Angor Fortress pickpocketing and then killing dark iron dwarves.. I hadn't thought about that for years!

I didn't play in vanilla, but I did catch myself thinking about the good 'ol days of Wrath the other day. I think if there is a more nostalgia floating around than usual right now, it's just because people are bored with this expansion and a lot of their friends are leaving the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquetto View Post
    I had a burst of nostalgia this morning. I'm leveling a Monk (never got around to playing one before) and was currently in the Badlands. Went into Angor Fortress for a quest and suddenly I was reminded of when my very first character (a Rogue) hit level 40 and desperately needed cash to buy that oh-so-expensive 100g mount. The time I spent in Angor Fortress pickpocketing and then killing dark iron dwarves.. I hadn't thought about that for years!
    Wasn't level 40 only 60 gold? Edit: I just remembered, 60 for mount, 40 for riding skill = 100. I think thats how it was?

Anyway, I agree with the other posters.... The only thing that truly hits me... And quite hard I might add, is the NE starting zone. My first character was a NE rogue. Any time I hear that starting zone music it brings me RIGHT back to 2005. The sights, the smells, the feelings. Its crazy..... But that time has come and gone now. It was fun, exciting, mysterious. It was also my first MMO, and I usually played console so it was a bit of a change there as well.
    Last edited by Andyclan; 2015-11-28 at 08:03 AM.
    "Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse."