Should dps healing in Legion be scrapped?

Speaking more from a PvP perspective, I'd like to see hybrid classes lose their ability to cast and spam heals (IF they are specced to dps). I personally would prefer healing to be situational and only available with a cool down attached to it (eg Ancestral Guidance, Natures Vigil). Spells like healing touch, flash heal, surging mist etc should only be available if you are a healer.
    What are your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nickp007 View Post
    Speaking more from a PvP perspective, I'd like to see hybrid classes lose their ability to cast and spam heals (IF they are specced to dps). I personally would prefer healing to be situational and only available with a cool down attached to it (eg Ancestral Guidance, Natures Vigil). Spells like healing touch, flash heal, surging mist etc should only be available if you are a healer.
    What are your thoughts?
    Would disagree, everyone has been given something to stay alive, of course some can spam it a bit more, but removing it would also support the things I don't want, removing class uniqness, homogenizing the classes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Some classes have these off heal spells because they lack other defensives.
    If you want them removed, be prepared to see additional defensive CD's and perhaps more CC for the classes who relies on them. (Shadow Priest, Ele, etc, etc.)

10+ Year Old Account
    No way, it's one of the reasons I love playing Ret. Being able to off heal make sense for the class, it would seem weird not being able to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MoltenMuffin View Post
    Some classes have these off heal spells because they lack other defensives.
    If you want them removed, be prepared to see additional defensive CD's and perhaps more CC for the classes who relies on them. (Shadow Priest, Ele, etc, etc.)
    Also, think of that most basic of activities: soloing quests outdoors, i played DPS warrior back in vanilla (before "Victory rush" was added in BC), and having no self-healing meant that i had to either bandage or sit and eat after every mob or two, which wasn't much fun at all.

I understand that every class having self-heals can give problems for PvP, but the cost that removing it would exact to every other part of the game can be excessive for the benefit it would have...

Deleted
    OP makes sense. However the entire removal of self-healing in pvp wouldn't be a good idea. Healings like Drain Life, Cold Snap, Chi Wave, Enraged Regeneration etc. could remain in pvp, but I completely agree with the removal of "spam" heals from dps classes. All have enough cc or defensive cd-s with the ability to maintain proper dps output, they don't need to be able to go LoS and spamheal themselves.

What are your thoughts?
    Completely disagree, in fact i would do the opposite and embrace it!

Off healing is a unique ability that improves the players ability to display skill and contribute in meaningful ways to the raid, only problem is that other classes miss out
    In which case they should support other niches, like making strong CC more limited to pure DPS classes or create bruiser specs that off tank excess trash (with a revamped threat system)

These are things that make specs and classes unique and fun to play and should be preserved, blizz just needs to acknowledge these bonuses and add more unique bonuses to other dps classes, and create some new niches.

yes. ferals, dks, shamans, ect. History shows blizz can never get it right. its either near useless or off the chart op.

What are your thoughts?
    I think it's hard to ultimately get just right. But I don't think they can remove it.

What makes an enhancement shaman different from a warrior; is that instead of having a lot of stuns, a tank stance or high mobility moves; he gets self healing as a form of defense.
    What makes a feral druid different from a rogue; is that instead of having cloak of shadows, vanish and other tools to stay alive; the feral druid gets self healing.
    In a lot of cases the payoff is also in the form of lacking significant CC.

You can remove the self healing out of the "hybrid classes", but it would just mean they would need significant buffs through their personal cooldown and sometimes even mechanics.

The healing is often hard to balance right; I find triple dps specs where the healer is a moonkin a bit daft as well, but ultimately these comps aren't overpowered enough to the point where it's prevalent in arena gameplay. To be perfectly frank, classes without castable healing (mage / rogue / hunter / warrior / warlock) have notoriously always been in high demand for arena gameplay. If anything the offhealing has played a more vital role for the 3rd player in a 3s setting; or for double dps 2s comps where one of the dps is a hybrd. In which case the healing might be one of the main things keeping you from stacking the historically powerful "pure classes".

Interestingly with the change to how druids select affinities. We might see more of this, since offhealing for a moonkin in legion might become more powerful with access to more different heals.