Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nir View Post
    97% is still 97% after the hotfix, no patch will change that.
    My bad, missread - over 90% not destroy the ship

If the mission success chance is at or above 90%, no ships will be lost on the mission.

But Blizz %chance is very very weired...Never in my life lost so many tries on chance over 90%...Even on D&D (desktop,pc games style), regular dice throw, sport tips etc...In WoW there is still 50-50 that I lose it...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    My hunch also tells me that those chances are skewed or calculated differently. Possibly the rolls on not countered enemy abilities have a different percentage than the total mission percentage. Others keep saying that we remember the failures more than the successes, hence the feeling of often failing. Blizzard has kept suspiciously silent on that matter, which makes me suspect there's either an unintentional bug on the failure percentage they cba to fix or that the whole failure problem is intentional for balance reasons (keep rewards in check, force replay after failure etc.)

Deleted
    Haven't lost a single ship post-hotfix despite not having all missions 90%+ yet. I'm regularly sending ships on 79, 84, 88% missions and I'm yet to lose a ship.

The chance for ship fail must be like <10% at that mission success chance. I'd assume it's linear diminishing chance reaching 0 at 90% success, so at 80% I'd expect about 10% destruction chance.

FAR better than it used to be. I used to lose many ships on a daily basis. Running 11 shipyards was a demoralizing nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Holy shit, shipyard may actually become playable now

Please note, the following Shipyard changes are still in testing.
    Naval Missions

Rare naval missions should now appear more frequently.
    Increasing the chance of success on a naval mission will now also decrease the chance a ship will be destroyed on failure. If the mission success chance is at or above 90%, no ships will be lost on the mission.
    Naval blockade missions now have a shorter duration of 30 minutes (down from 4 hours), reduced Oil cost to 50 (down from 100), and increased the amount of time before a naval blockade returns to 7 days (up from 5 days).

Ships and Crews

Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Human Crew by 50%.
    Increased success chance bonus on missions provided by a Pandaren Crew by 33% and the bonus will now apply to Missions that are 12 hours or longer (was 18 hours or longer).
    Significantly increased the effectiveness and bonuses provided by Naval Equipment items by 100%.

I can't believe this took them 6 months to implement. Especially that no destruction at >90% success pleases me. There's nothing more demoralizing than losing 2 epic ships on a 94% failed mission.
    That one was nice, although a lot of missions still have a oil cost thats so high that you still can't clear all missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    Haven't lost a single ship post-hotfix despite not having all missions 90%+ yet. I'm regularly sending ships on 79, 84, 88% missions and I'm yet to lose a ship.
    Same... constantly sending ships on low as 79% (dwarf/goblins ftw ) on 8 shipyards and i have yet to lose ship after hotfixes. So yeh... optimizing shipyard for pure gold is win right now

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    What matters with gold missions is success and not potential revenue, given their appearance is not so frequent. I lost one ship on a 80+ % mission on one of my 8 chars. Just that though.

Quote Originally Posted by coocoo View Post
    Revered Tanaan rep -> buy oil rig -> 2x elf ships running oil rig mission -> infinite oil hax gg.
    Find that to be a waste tbh. One elf is fine unless you are constantly logging in. If you have a setup (like posted in other areas), you're basically going to log in twice a day and that should bring your collection to twice a day.

Depends on what times you log in tbh. If you have the time & are building up fresh shipyard, then it can be useful... but later on it will lose on value. Was just mentioning how you can easily get all the oil you'd ever need. Nowadays I hardly even log on once a day, most of my chars are sitting on 15-20k+ oil, which basically means they'll never run out at this rate.