Thread: Addon Issue

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account

Addon Issue

Morning. Have laptop with Windows 10. Use dominos for action bars. All my saved profiles deleted this morning, it happened 3 days ago too. When I logged off last night at 7, they were there. When I got up this morning at 5, they were gone. Any ideas? I do not have a premium curse acct atm, but will purchase if that is what will save my sanity. Tx J
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

If another person logs onto your account from a different computer and doesn't have your profiles and stuff, it completely F's up your add ons... I know form much experience and never log onto my account anymore from another computer.

IMO, it sounds like you either have a friend/relative logging on your account and screwing up your interface, or you're being hacked. Make sure you have an authenticator...

That's my 2 cents.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    If another person logs onto your account from a different computer and doesn't have your profiles and stuff, it completely F's up your add ons... I know form much experience and never log onto my account anymore from another computer.

IMO, it sounds like you either have a friend/relative logging on your account and screwing up your interface, or you're being hacked. Make sure you have an authenticor

That's my 2 cents.
    It does seem like it is someone messing with me, most likely a gnome I do have an authenticator, and never had the problem on my desktop.

- - - Updated - - -

Just remembered another thing. When I logged in this morning, game acted like it was the first time ever played. Started with the Blizzard Intro video and then went to character creation screen instead of going to character selection screen.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Something isn't quite right. Run the Repair Tool from the Battle.net Launcher (Source: https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...blizzard-games)

This'll be something to do with your installation, or something to do with your settings. It won't be the addons themselves if it's playing the Introduction every time. Try the repair tool, and see if that fixes anything at all. If not, consider a reinstallation if that's possible.

Side Note: I know some people had issues with upgrading from Windows X to Windows 10, and copying their files over. If you've done an upgrade, that might also be happening to you. A fresh install of Warcraft might be in your best interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgon View Post
    Addon settings are stored locally in the WTF folder on your computer, logging on from a different computer would have no effect on them.

The only things that are synced with the server are key bindings and macros.

Sounds like something is wiping the contents of the /World of Warcraft/WTF/ folder, which holds all client and addon settings. Deleting the WTF folder is essentially like logging in for the very first time.

If this happens frequently then I suggest you keep a backup of your WTF folder, so you can always restore it when you see that it has been wiped. You should also try to figure out why the folder is being wiped, so you can prevent it as a long-term solution.

Confirming Blaze Solution and Keep your Addons Up to Date what can be make Problems too.