Best place to farm for turtle mount?

Whats the best fishing spot to farm for the turtle mount?

Anyone know?

I got it from the garrison fishing place so I suppose it's the closest one.

Dalaran fishing daily

10+ Year Old Account
    I got mine near the penguin islands southwest of dragonblight back in the day.

Deleted
    Got mine while fishing for Dark Herring.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't have the riding turtle from TCG, then I'd say the garrison. Otherwise I got most of mine (i think i had 3-4 before they made account wide mounts ) from the Cauldros Lake area near Utgarde Castle in Howling Fjord.

Deleted
    I got mine while fishing in the garrison. You randomly catch a special fish you need to throw back into the garrison's water, a mob appears, you kill it and loot stuff from it. On the loot table are two turtle mounts. For reference, see the 2nd comment on this wowhead page: http://www.wowhead.com/item=23720/ri...urtle#comments

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solfolango View Post
    I got mine while fishing in the garrison. You randomly catch a special fish you need to throw back into the garrison's water, a mob appears, you kill it and loot stuff from it. On the loot table are two turtle mounts. For reference, see the 2nd comment on this wowhead page: http://www.wowhead.com/item=23720/ri...urtle#comments
    Same. "The Garrison" is my recommendation, too. I got both turtles after less than 40 Frostdeep Minnow. I don't remember the exact total anymore, but I farmed both in about a night. It went very quickly.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

I got mine from a glacial salmon pool in grizzly hills, but it's basically an equal chance from any fishing pool in Northrend as far as I know.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no BEST PLACE, as all places have same drop rate..

Go to the place, where you most enjoy the zone-music and landscape, and THAT will be your best bet..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Got mine in Howling Fjord ~5 years ago

Deleted
    I would recommend fishing in your garrison and catching lunkers.
    Not only do they drop quite frequently (roughly 5 lunkers per 10 minutes) but you can also get the riding turtle from them.
    + You can sell the fish for some profit.

Took me about 250-300 lunkers to get both mounts.

EDIT: Just to add I got over 20k fish from pools caught so I was quite happy when they both dropped from the lunkers.

Deleted
    I got mine with my second cast in WotLK....... Only luck I think I've had in this game since Vanilla.

Don't think lunkers drop in the garrison, you are thinking minnows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    Don't think lunkers drop in the garrison, you are thinking minnows.
    The Murloc has a chance to drop lunkers.

The area north of Utgarde Keep in Howling Fjord. You will get your turtle eventually, believe you me!

Quote Originally Posted by IllidariCouncil View Post
    Whats the best fishing spot to farm for the turtle mount?

Anyone know?
    Water

/10chars

I got mine in fjord. I didn't kill myself trying to get it. Just farm for 20-30 minutes a day and you'll get it eventually.

The best place is right in your garrison. You not only have a chance at getting the sea turtle, but you can also get the TCG riding turtle as well as lunkers. If you just want the sea turtle and you don't care about the riding turtle or the lunkers, then the garrison might not be the best place.