Thread: new to dk

Deleted

new to dk

thinking of starting a dk dps to make my new main,both to help out guild and couse they seems fun. but i am in need of some help with a few questions i need help with.

1:when lvling up. is there any special spec thats way better then the others when lvling in terms of speed?
    2: when gearing up after going to 100 freshly geared what spec is best?
    3: when geared atleast full hfc hc geared or close to that which spec is the best?
    4: in terms of how hard dk dps are playing is it hard or medium or easy?
    5: is icy veins guides right as i dont go wrong following them?

1) blood you can just pull an entire map and survive, and also instant dungeon queue.

2-3) unholy is stronger before and after full HC hfc gear.

4) fairly easy to play i guess but medium-hard to master
    Necroblight playstyle for unholy is fairly easy and straightforward especially with runic corruption as your rune regen talent, BT adds a thin layer of complexity.

Breath of sindragosa playstyle for ST fight is a bit more complex than frost or necroblight but is alot more rewarding in terms of dps output.

Frost is an easier spec than unholy in the sense that it's a less punishing spec when you make a rotational mistake.

5) Icy-veins is a good place for beginner information, but i would suggest sonofalich.com they have a blood uh and frost guide which is a little outdated but rotations and stat priority are still up to date.

Deleted
    Thanks alot for your input and help mate. will check out the site=)

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to ask, which way do i prio my stats. seeing as mastery=aoe multi for singel. i guess having both is best but if i have to chose like in enchants which way do i go?

Mastery only wins over multistrike on AoE where necrotic plague will do the majority of your damage(aka spread out AoE/sustained AoE). Multistrike on the other hand wins on single target and on burst AoE and stacked AoE because blood boil and necrosis will be doing more damage on the adds than necrotic plague.

Tldr : go multistrike > mastery

Deleted
    cool thanks mate=)

even during spread/sustained AoE depends on how many sustained adds their are, since necrosis will also benefit from scourge striking, soul reaping and festering, and tbh their aren't any encounters where taking Mastery over MS would be beneficial, on Gorefiend you should also be blood boiling, and then the MS tick from class trinket out weighs the added bonus damage