Easy to sell battle pets

Hello,

I've been selling battle pets to help fund toons on different servers and I'm wondering (since I have little experience) what some in demand battle pets are. For the most part, or maybe it's because I'm unlucky, if I buy a pet that looks good on undermine journal, it takes a week or so to sell and I usually take about a 50% hit on the original price when I do find a buyer. I know I'm doing it wrong somehow, so I'd love some tips.

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Any pets from the trading card game usually sell well. Someone else can probably give you the average price tags for them. I don't do much gold transferring myself so I'm not sure what a 'good deal' on them would be. But they're generally the most popular.

One thing I've noticed is, it's the pet itself, not the level that matters. Getting to Level 25 on a pet is easy, and so if you can offer that convenience to your customers that's great, but don't feel the need to undercut massively because it's not level 25.

As for which pets, I don't really know. I manage to sell almost all pets that aren't insanely easy to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    One thing I've noticed is, it's the pet itself, not the level that matters. Getting to Level 25 on a pet is easy, and so if you can offer that convenience to your customers that's great, but don't feel the need to undercut massively because it's not level 25.
    I'd say level 25 can even be a bad thing, since there is an achievement tracking pets you dinged to 25, rather than pets you own at that level. Level 24 might tempt a few achievement hunters, though (but they may not be enough to make this worth it, since they can just level captured pets).

My advice would be to go for pets with a moderate market. If they are too common, they'll never sell, if they are too rare, prices will fluctuate wildly. Try to check your destination server for a few days and compare prices and whether or not pets cycle on them.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The easiest for me to offload are Anubisath Idols and Viscidus Globules. They're also the quickest if you have the portal to Uldum set up.

On my server, I can make about ~3k for the Idol and ~6k for the Globule in less than a day when I post them. There are very few dungeon/raid pets which can compete at that price save for the Phoenix from Magisters' Terrace and the Abyssal from Karazhan and you're finished in less than 15 minutes per character.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    The easiest for me to offload are Anubisath Idols and Viscidus Globules. They're also the quickest if you have the portal to Uldum set up.

On my server, I can make about ~3k for the Idol and ~6k for the Globule in less than a day when I post them. There are very few dungeon/raid pets which can compete at that price save for the Phoenix from Magisters' Terrace and the Abyssal from Karazhan and you're finished in less than 15 minutes per character.
    This is a good place to start. Anubisath Idol is always a winner because of how good it is in Pet Battles. Viscidus Globules sell well because of how annoying they can be to obtain, so most people purchase it for the achievement + ease.

Phoenix from Magisters' Terrace on the servers I operate on normally sell o.k~Ish. Abyssal from Karazhan operates much the same as Viscidus Globules, most people get put off from farming Karazhan extensively due to chest event, so just purchase the last pet for the achievement.

Most of the raid pets (especially from the BC era) sell for around 2-8k .

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I'd say level 25 can even be a bad thing, since there is an achievement tracking pets you dinged to 25, rather than pets you own at that level. Level 24 might tempt a few achievement hunters, though (but they may not be enough to make this worth it, since they can just level captured pets).
    Maybe during MoP, but not anymore. Anyone even remotely interested in any serious collecting or pet battles is going to get that achievement by default or at the very least not bother specifically looking for 24 pets. Every WoD (and MoP) pet you capture for the collecting achievements is at least over level 20. WoD pet battle activity awards battle training stones and/or pet charms that you can use to buy additional stones. I've visited maybe 20 trainers total in WoD and only do the daily if I happen to login (only when an event I like is active) and the active daily is an easy/fast one. I still have 8k+ pet charms in the bank after spending a few thousand on training stones and the stuff from the vendor at the menagerie.

If you have the patience to solo razorgore, going for chrominius is a good option too. It's a very high demand pet that drops from a raid that most are too lazy to run. it sells for a decent amount too.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a battle pet buyer, the pets I buy from the AH are...

* All raid-dropped pets, especially from MoP (can't solo MoP raids yet). BC raid pets are solid sellers, too, due to their low drop rate (~10%).
    * TCG pets. Collectors go for these more so than battlers.
    * Profession pets. Mechanical Pandaren Dragonling is one of the best pets, and seems to sell quickly.
    * Darkmoon Faire pets. Convenience factor: sure, I can do Darkmoon Faire events, but I have better things to do than rehash mini-games I've done dozens of times before. I'll buy those pets to save me the trouble. That goes for the raid-dropped pets, too.

I wouldn't drop prices too much. People get bored at the end of the expansion, so they dip their toes into pet battles. And people have lots of gold and nothing to spend it on. Buy some pets!

And, as someone mentioned, don't worry about the pet's level. Dedicated pet battlers can get a pet to level 25 in 30 minutes. If you have some pet charms to spare, buy a few Flawless Battle-Stones and make non-rare pets rare. I pay more for rare quality pets than lvl 25 pets.

All the ToT and SoO pets sell decently.

Also th biggest key is to pay attention to the ah on the server you plan to sell the pet on.
    Prices can vary dramatically from server to server. Check which ones are going at a good price on the server you want to make money on and go but them on the server you have money on.
    Making them rare is a big help in selling and selling price and if able to level them to level 25 helps a bit too( use leveling pets as a way to level alts just put alts in front of mop dailies most are safe for alts of any level this way a two for one deal).
    Tcg, raids pets, darkmoon faire pets ( specially ones from the two dailies in there) sell best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyraat View Post
    * All raid-dropped pets, especially from MoP (can't solo MoP raids yet).
    That's funny because I do most of them every week.

Solo the three Mana Fiends in Nagrand... they usually sell for 3-4k each on my server.

Pets from the "rare" bosses. For example, Servant of Demidos, Ruby Droplet, the pet from Orumo the Observer.

When I recently started a toon on a new server(because a guild there was inviting new members so they could get the Deathwatch Hatchling), I needed a quick influx of cash both to buy the pet(and Lil Tarecgosa which I also needed) as well as basic things like bags, riding training, etc. I bought 3 Anubisath Idols on my main server and had no trouble selling them quick on my secondary server.

Darkmoons pets sell wells too for people who really need to collect them all or use them =D