Poll: Which itemization system have you enjoyed the most ?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    In addition to this, the lack of reforging + gems makes it so that specs which rely on stacking one stat to be effective (such as fire mage) have to get crazy lucky on drops and hope the people who designed the raids put good drops in, and it makes them ineffective until much higher gear levels.

If they're that concerned about people stacking a single OP stat then Blizz should change the usefulness of stats for certain classes, or even just lock in gems for slots. So instead of stacking ArP in every slot, you'd be forced to put a blue/green/purple gem in a blue slot. And for reforging they could just give you a cap on the amount of pieces you can reforge at once. There are so many ways around this stat stacking 'problem' but they took the easy way out and got rid of everything.

They royally fucked over professions in WoD. Legion is their chance to make it right again, but it seems they're sticking with the WoD system, unfortunately. I didn't hear anybody in wotlk complaining about gems + enchants. Yet I hear complaints constantly in WoD.
    They said that in wod " every stat will be useful for everyone" but that's just bs since most of the classes are kinda useless in raids if they don't have the right stats on their gear especially for my class(warrior) which is rng based which means im fucked most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by demonhunter50 View Post
    They said that in wod " every stat will be useful for everyone" but that's just bs since most of the classes are kinda useless in raids if they don't have the right stats on their gear especially for my class(warrior) which is rng based which means im fucked most of the time.
    They've gotten closer for most classes, but there's still outliers in both directions(Fire loving crit, WW/MW hating mastery etc)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I like the warforged stuff, as well as extra sockets because it does give you a reason to continue do content after you already have gear from it. But the tertiary stats are pretty lame and should be dropped IMO.

I'd go with the WOTLK system. I really liked matching gem colors(or not matching, if you felt socket bonus wasn't worth it). Really added more customization without feeling too cumbersome.

I didn't like MOP's as much as the Thunder/Warforged just added too much RNG. Reforging was fine though but for the most part all it did was mean you'd reforge the worst stat into your best stat, you were still hunting for that one awesome BIS piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Why do you feel the "diablo loot system is dumb as fuck?" Having a little RNG in gear in terms of extras is a good thing isnt it? If the base gear has already set stats, and in terms of BIS, for example, if you get a Mythic helm from Kromrok, thats your BIS period. However NOW with this system, on kills AFTER the fact, the helm might roll with a prismatic socket, or a tierery stat. An added bonus is never a bad thing.
    No because they've made the system feel like the default gear is WF with gems and if you get any less you are just getting a bad item and not the reverse.

In HFC I saw two people playing the same class and one of them got sockets/wf on a lot of their gear and the other person got none. It was a big difference when that person can get hundreds more stats than the other person.
    Last edited by deadman1; 2016-02-21 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    The BC/WOTLK system with reforging. More customisation=more fun and room for variance. WoD's is easily the worst with its half-assed ARPG loot system, it is very infuriating to get a useless piece of gear especially when there are only like eight affixes for crafting or five for raid gear in existence, or to want to be full BiS whilst waiting for a rarer specific drop. It could have been good if they went all out and completely randomized loot to a certain extent, but it didn't go far enough to not make it a hindrance and annoying.

The old system however gave players customisation which is ALWAYS a good thing, EVEN if there is always one 'perfect' option (which there always is) as opposed to every combination of gear/enchants/gems/reforges being almost equal, which WoD for the most part was for most classes.

I also have to laugh at the people saying "Reforging reduced gear variance" because we all know in WoD there was a multitude of choices to be made with gear and stats /s

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    I like the warforged stuff, as well as extra sockets because it does give you a reason to continue do content after you already have gear from it. But the tertiary stats are pretty lame and should be dropped IMO.
    What do you mean "it does give you a reason to continue do content after you already have gear from it."? Practically, that is not the case and I can think of many ways where they improve the end game content so you have reasons to raid instead of praying for the thing the be wf/socketed.

Would say WOTLK, made it more fun when you killed the boss to see what loot there was going to be rather then have it magically appear in your bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Drtom View Post
    Would say WOTLK, made it more fun when you killed the boss to see what loot there was going to be rather then have it magically appear in your bag.
    That doesn't really matter tbh

Deleted
    The system we had in MoP gladly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drtom View Post
    That's entirely not the question being asked here.