10+ Year Old Account

might return to wow

i have not played wow since the first season of MOP but i do read mmo-c a little bit but im still out of the loop.a few questions?im a pvp only player and main a warrior,hows pvp and arms?we still have honor/arena gear right?how much is the "gold token/game time" going for on US servers?im on sargeras is the server still active?

i been playing rift and the pvp in that game gets worse by the day,so i figured if i can pick up the current wow for 20$ and use in game gold for game time to mess around and see how i like it,im not really spending alot of cash.

any and all info would be great.

Deleted
    Don't bother. Just wait until Legion.

In case you do bother, this is what you should expect.
    PVP
    1. Ranged classes, all of them, are shit at 1v1 and 2v2 to some extent.
    2. Melee classes are OP as fuck, some more others, and feral druids shit on everyone as they barely have any counters.
    3. Ret paladins and ww monks are still crap at rated pvp and still are laughed at for even asking for an rbg spot.
    4. Yolo rbg groups are now asking for 2k experience as a requirement to join, because why the fuck not?!
    5. Pvp guilds are all asking for at least a 2k rating in current season and at least one gladiator title from other seasons, or some retarded shit like that.
    6. Ashran, WoD's Wintergrasp/Tol'Barad, is a horrible zerg fest where melee specs don't belong. You will likely join a shit group where the other faction walks all over your faction, or you will join a great group where your faction walks all over theirs, and it will continue like this for an hour or two until the raid leader has to go or several healers have to go, at which point the odds will turn the other way around and everyone else leaves to join another Asharan instance where things may be better. You will leave and join several instances until you find one that works in your favor.
    7. Everyone is botting and hacking. If it's not honor farming bots in bgs and Ashran, then it's kickbots in rated pvp that interrupt spells as soon as you even think about casting them, and also players are flying in arenas and rbgs. Blizzard's efforts at curbing this are insufficient (read 'WEAK AS FUCK'), so the botters and hackers are very bold, as many known botter and hacker names are flying on the forums but Blizzard doesn't care. Characters like Bailamos continue to bot even on streams and Blizzard continues to fail at noticing them.

The devs have all but given up on this expansion as they are working hard at Legion, so take that as you may.
    Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-02-06 at 12:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post
    Don't bother. Just wait until Legion.

In case you do bother, this is what you should expect.
    PVP
    1. Ranged classes, all of them, are shit at 1v1 and 2v2 to some extent.
    2. Melee classes are OP as fuck, some more others, and feral druids shit on everyone as they barely have any counters.
    3. Ret paladins and ww monks are still crap at rated pvp and still are laughed at for even asking for an rbg spot.
    4. Yolo rbg groups are now asking for 2k experience as a requirement to join, because why the fuck not?!
    5. Pvp guilds are all asking for at least a 2k rating in current season and at least one gladiator title from other seasons, or some retarded shit like that.
    6. Ashran, WoD's Wintergrasp/Tol'Barad, is a horrible zerg fest where melee specs don't belong. You will likely join a shit group where the other faction walks all over your faction, or you will join a great group where your faction walks all over theirs, and it will continue like this for an hour or two until the raid leader has to go or several healers have to go, at which point the odds will turn the other way around and everyone else leaves to join another Asharan instance where things may be better. You will leave and join several instances until you find one that works in your favor.
    7. Everyone is botting and hacking. If it's not honor farming bots in bgs and Ashran, then it's kickbots in rated pvp that interrupt spells as soon as you even think about casting them, and also players are flying in arenas and rbgs. Blizzard's efforts at curbing this are insufficient (read 'WEAK AS FUCK'), so the botters and hackers are very bold, as many known botter and hacker names are flying on the forums but Blizzard doesn't care. Characters like Bailamos continue to bot even on streams and Blizzard continues to fail at noticing them.

The devs have all but given up on this expansion as they are working hard at Legion, so take that as you may.
    ty for the reply-yeah im just lookign around for something to do until spring hits and like i said rift has destroyed its pvp and player base.any idea what the game/gold token goes for on us servers?and you can buy one at the login in screen right?

"also players are flying in arenas and rbgs"

you have to be joking right?no way the devs would let that go on not when i played atleast.

whats the level cap now 90?last time i played was first season of mop and i think max then was 80 or 85 right?
    Last edited by meathead; 2016-02-06 at 02:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meathead View Post
    "also players are flying in arenas and rbgs"

you have to be joking right?no way the devs would let that go on not when i played atleast.

whats the level cap now 90?last time i played was first season of mop and i think max then was 80 or 85 right?
    Oh but they do. They sure do. Mostly because they first want to conduct a very slow and complex investigation, and only then ban the person. Meanwhile, 10 more fly hackers in bgs and arenas have been reported. Rinse and repeat. Like I said, there are actual KNOWN fly hackers that keep being reported over and over and they are still at it because Blizzard is extremely slow on reacting, IF they want to react at all, meanwhile you're told to report hackers to some Blizzard mail address so they can continue to ignore your reports.

Many people bot and hack now, because this expansion is so lame that people just don't care they get banned anymore. Also if they do get banned now, it's only 6 months, so it expires just in time for the release of Legion.

They only ban people in waves, far and long in between, which only encourages more people to bot and hack because they aren't seeing Blizzard dealing with the scum as swiftly and harshly as they should.

Yeah, it's level 100 now.
    Last edited by mmoc32b288c4f2; 2016-02-06 at 03:08 PM.