Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    could people stop with the "no fly no buy" non sense?

you do know that when the fly patch comes in you still wont be able to fly for half a month/ a month right?
    you do know that you can start working on the achie when the game launches right?
    so please, just shut up because everyone here knows you will buy the expac anyways.

and for those complaining about the achie,
    if you want to fcking fly, go and earn it.

this whole "no fly no buy" non sense just shows how lazy people are,
    OMG! A NIGHTMARE! it takes me now a minute to get from a to b and not just 30 sec? OMG! 30 MORE SECONDS! HOW COULD YOU BLIZZARD!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aernath View Post
    Ride a big winged Drake to the top of the hill to use a damn kite to glide and don't support flying? Yeah... Nevermind logic.
    Why this forced "exploration" nonsense and being a ground bug for months again...
    I hate this logic, let players fly, whoever wants to stay on ground can stay on ground, they can pop a ground only mount.
    That's the real "choice" and it would look and feel so much logical compared to this dumb nonsense.
    nice copy and paste from youtube.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    this whole "no fly no buy" non sense just shows how lazy people are,
    OMG! A NIGHTMARE! it takes me now a minute to get from a to b and not just 30 sec? OMG! 30 MORE SECONDS! HOW COULD YOU BLIZZARD!
    Irrelevant. An evolving game must adapt to its players, not the other way around.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Any plans to make more content patches for Legion Blizzard?

Blizzard: No. We're just going to postpone flight until the last patch again to maximize the use we get out of the bare minimum we make.

Don't you think that's a dick move after another 14 month content drought? Especially after you acknowledge that those are unacceptable?

Blizzard: Look at all the fucks we give. Look at them.

The Rocfeather Skyhorn Kite is a toy that allows you to slow fall for 60 seconds, with a 2 minute cooldown. The Derelict Skyhorn Kite, Delicate Roc Feather, Gleaming Roc Feather, and Shimmering Roc Feather can be found around Skyhorn in Highmountain and combined to build the kite.
    Oh, but Whispers of Rai'Vosh cant be a toy? Smh.

Quote Originally Posted by ZwuckeL View Post
    Flying does not belong into current-expansion content. Once the expansion is set and done, you'll get flying, but until then, you'll stay on the ground.
    Why doesn't it fit in current content? It worked quite well in BC and the need for it to get into certain dungeons. I'd say it hurts immersion to not be able to fly. Why can I hop on flight mount that flies yet my mount that is the same as the flight mount not fly?

The difference in Panderia and before zones and WODs is they are wide open zones made to ride a land mount in from a design and playablity perspective. I'd be ok with no flying till later in the expansion if the zones were designed like Vanilla, BC, LK, Cata, Pandaria. Wide open not the maze turds of WOD. Riding around in WOD on a land mount was a chore and a task. I felt like I was fighting to get from A to B.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why doesn't it fit in current content? It worked quite well in BC and the need for it to get into certain dungeons. I'd say it hurts immersion to not be able to fly. Why can I hop on flight mount that flies yet my mount that is the same as the flight mount not fly?

The difference in Panderia and before zones and WODs is they are wide open zones made to ride a land mount in from a design and playablity perspective. I'd be ok with no flying till later in the expansion if the zones were designed like Vanilla, BC, LK, Cata, Pandaria. Wide open not the maze turds of WOD. Riding around in WOD on a land mount was a chore and a task. I felt like I was fighting to get from A to B.
    WoD zone design would have been fine... if we had had flying mounts. They're far more interesting looking than most of the zones of old.

I actually think WoD's zone designs were great. HAD their been flying, I'd have had no problem with them, and I have no problem with them now, seeing as I can fly around them easy as I please.

But yes, when they were "current" they were exceptionally annoying. And it seems like every little path and byway had some cluster of wandering mobs that would accost you if you tried to hoof it over a small hill.

Blizzard should keep designing interesting looking zones like WoD zones... But just have flying be a part of it from the start.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Um...they changed their mind, and we're now flying in Draenor and they have said that this system will be brought into the next expansion instead of what they first intended, to do away with player flying entirely in current content.

I'd say the complaining proved to be both significant and relevant. Retards being against flying but sticking with a game that's had it for the majority of its lifespan and surely gathered many flying mounts themselves can go cry someplace else.

On the topic at hand though, I fail to see how this kite thing is equal to them going back to WoD ways...they've already stated that the flying meta will be in the game from the start, and they surely do not dare repeat WoD so...it's just a toy for those without engineering I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Of course it belongs in current expansion content. It's been a thing in current-expansion content through several expansions, 3 of which were amazing. Using flying as a scapegoat for purely BAD content is a cheap shortcut and idiots believed them (and still do) when smart people are able to see that immersion and "skipping content" comes down to the quality of said content, not whether they allow flying or not.
    I see his point, you can do a lot more with the leveling experience without flying. You just simply can't build an enjoyable exploration experience with flying mounts enabled, the world is just too small for that in wow. They really got creative in WoD with non-flying exploration and it was a blast to quest through those areas. But really.. I've never seen someone so hurt by others opinions. The community is split 50/50 on this topic, get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    I see his point, you can do a lot more with the leveling experience without flying. You just simply can't build an enjoyable exploration experience with flying mounts enabled, the world is just too small for that in wow. .
    Matter of opinion. YOU might not be able to enjoy exploration with flying, you don't speak for everyone though. I on the other hand have had some of my best exploration WITH flying. Taking to the skies in Jade Forest for the first time @ 90 to visit all those places I couldn't whilst grounded, going into Storm Peaks the first time, soaring over EK/Kalimdor in Cataclysm and so on. See? Entirely possible to build an enjoyable exploration experience with flying mounts in mind. In fact, when they know that we'll be flying over areas eventually, they can't get away with making a 2d-landscape as easily. Plenty of the most beloved content was made just fine with flight in mind, how's that possible by your logic?

The people that for some reason can't enjoy themselves if they fly have their compromise. Those of us that love flying for the fantasy and exploration aspect it brings to our gaming experience, have our compromise. There's no hurt here, other than from the people that aren't happy with the compromise. I'm not one of those people. Blizzard have to move forward unable to create lazy fishbowl zones and on-rails leveling experiences as a result so we've all won in the end.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-08-29 at 09:35 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy mother of necro, were you so bored waiting for Legion?

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Matter of opinion. YOU might not be able to enjoy exploration with flying, you don't speak for everyone though. I on the other hand have had some of my best exploration WITH flying. Taking to the skies in Jade Forest for the first time @ 90 to visit all those places I couldn't whilst grounded, going into Storm Peaks the first time, soaring over EK/Kalimdor in Cataclysm and so on. See? Entirely possible to build an enjoyable exploration experience with flying mounts in mind. In fact, when they know that we'll be flying over areas eventually, they can't get away with making a 2d-landscape as easily.

The people that for some reason can't enjoy themselves if they fly have their compromise. Those of us that love flying for the fantasy and exploration aspect it brings to our gaming experience, have our compromise. There's no hurt here, other than from the people that aren't happy with the compromise. I'm not one of those people. Blizzard have to move forward unable to create lazy fishbowl zones and on-rails leveling experiences as a result so we've all won in the end. Plenty of the most beloved content was made just fine with flight in mind.
    Absolutely. I'm fine with it either way. Yeah if they do decide to add flying later in the expansion, some of the areas designed without flying in mind may feel a little dead. But i think it's silly to imply these new zones take any less work or resources just because they are designed for ground mounts. They may seem smaller from the air in comparison to past expansion zones, but they also squeezed as much content as they could out these zones and really use them to their full potential. But an area or 2 designed specially for flying would be cool to see nowadays as blizzards world creation methods have changed a lot and i would be interested to see what they come up with. But, like i said, the community seems to be split 50/50 and Blizzard has always regretted adding flying mounts, and their stance is pretty clear these days too, so it's obvious who they're going to side with.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Holy mother of necro, were you so bored waiting for Legion?
    I actually arrived here from a link that is currently on the front page. Didn't even realize how old this thread is, oopsies.

Quote Originally Posted by Kpmk View Post
    so it's obvious who they're going to side with.

- - - Updated - - -
    ... They sided with the people that want flying, by backing up on their decision to discontinue flight in future game content and for WoD. They compromised, and that's all there is to it. People wanting them to back on that compromise and either remove flying entirely, or allow it all the time everywhere for just a small gold cost, can sod right off. I love flying (seeing someone flying on a Gryphon made me try the game) and I'm happy with the compromise. In fact I've liked it more in WoD, having flying for ALL alts as soon as they set foot on Draenor and making obtaining it a thing for dedicated people.

They didn't compromise at all.

They just nerfed the kite to the ground and told people wait for "mid expansion"; aka 1 year to see flight in the game.