Gonna do a alt run this week, few questions!

Hey! So I've always wanted to try a Rogue in pve but the class just seems spammy and stressful for me. After reading some guide, and doing some actually gameplay it's rather relaxing after a while.

Just a few questions regarding Sub Rogue.
    During Shadow Dance, do you guys go to 5 combo points with Ambush and then wasting it on Eviscerate (or Rupture/Slice and Dice refresh)? Because as I've seen it on few videos people only spam Ambush? Might just that I don't follow.

And Hermorrhage, I read on Icy-Veins that it's not part of the rotation anymore? Should I use this only if it's the only thing I can do or still try and use it? As you may figure I dont have any tier sets so I'm unsure.

Last one (til' I come back and ask for more help ) Is Subterfuge best talent also without tier sets?

Cheers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Doesn't answer my question regaring Shadow Dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Hey! So I've always wanted to try a Rogue in pve but the class just seems spammy and stressful for me. After reading some guide, and doing some actually gameplay it's rather relaxing after a while.

Just a few questions regarding Sub Rogue.
    During Shadow Dance, do you guys go to 5 combo points with Ambush and then wasting it on Eviscerate (or Rupture/Slice and Dice refresh)? Because as I've seen it on few videos people only spam Ambush? Might just that I don't follow.

And Hermorrhage, I read on Icy-Veins that it's not part of the rotation anymore? Should I use this only if it's the only thing I can do or still try and use it? As you may figure I dont have any tier sets so I'm unsure.

Last one (til' I come back and ask for more help ) Is Subterfuge best talent also without tier sets?

Cheers!!
    Don't cap CP, you should be running Anticipation anyway so your cap is 10. Remember, without the Archi trinket your Ambush isn't as hard hitting as people in full Mythic gear.

Don't worry about Hemo, the only niche use for it now is heavy target switching to get Sanguinary Veins rolling, but there's no fights in HFC you'd play Sub for that this would apply to.

Yes to Subterfuge.

Thats for certain gear levels/items, and usually in an opener. As a general rule, you don't want to go beyond 10 CPs and should be using them. I wouldn't worry about min-maxing beyond that for a simple run.

It's ok cap combo points when you're on your opener. An ambush with arch trinket does way more than a 5 cp evisc. Save all your globals for ambush - as soon as you can no longer cast ambush you likely have to refresh rupture because it's almost faded and then refresh slice and dice.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    Evis only effectively uses 10 energy. All the other abilities are energy neutral even. And you don't have the energy to spam an ambush every gcd.

Basically, you can use any ability you desire.. as long as it doesn't cost you an ambush.

Quote Originally Posted by Evolixe View Post
    Evis only effectively uses 10 energy. All the other abilities are energy neutral even. And you don't have the energy to spam an ambush every gcd.

Basically, you can use any ability you desire.. as long as it doesn't cost you an ambush.
    So completely simple, to the point, and spot on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Guzrud View Post
    So completely simple, to the point, and spot on.
    Thanks, thats what I was shooting for

Thanks guys, it's been both very helpful and it has been giving me more enjoyment to play.
    Further on, which encounters is ideal for Combat only in HC?

I know Assult, Shadow-Lord, Xhul'horac is Combat friendly, any other encounters? Not sure about Kormok, Kilrogg (if you go in vision) etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    Thanks guys, it's been both very helpful and it has been giving me more enjoyment to play.
    Further on, which encounters is ideal for Combat only in HC?

I know Assult, Shadow-Lord, Xhul'horac is Combat friendly, any other encounters? Not sure about Kormok, Kilrogg (if you go in vision) etc.
    Kormrok is okay if you are still below 720 il and/or don't have a classtrinket.

Kilrogg yes, in vision.
    And Mannoroth. But only on mythic tbh.

I'm hijacking this thread: As a lvl 100 rogue doing solo pve, i was told combat is the best, and that the weapons doesnt matter. But ambush is the constant opener, so I should have daggers then? I currently have fistweapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Combat is anything but daggers. Unless you are AoEing 5+ adds for a reasonable amount of time.
    Then a Dagger in MH increases poisonprocs so drastically that it becomes better to use that.

But in solo content that pretty much never applies.