Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    The second paragraphs poses the burden of proof to you. If you were to NOT agree with the scale down, then you thereby need to prove how it would be possible, in your eyes, how the continent would be flipped if the continents size was as is.

Since you agree with the scale down, then you agree that the snow isn't actually "100m from the water" like you stated, but in reality could be upwards of a mile of coastal drift between the snows end and the waters edge.

So which is it?
    The burden of proof argument I see, the burden of proof is on you to prove that its logically the right way then. I mean if you're going to be so nit picky about scaling then I can only assume that means buildings must be hundreds of metres high as the game world must be taken as 100% accurate, just miniturised.

Snow requires minus temperatures to form and maintain so that makes Kun'lai a generally cold area. There is no snow on any other high areas on the continent and there are mountains in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms just as high as Mt Neverest so altitude does not = temperature low enough for snow. That makes Kun'lai which is at the most northern tip of the continent too hot and Pandaria should be rotated 180 as Kun'lai should be situated in the most southern zone of the continent, not the area closest to the equator.

No snow on the mountains around VoEB means they are hotter, therefore should be closer to the equator then the mountains in Kun'lai, which they currently aren't. Another perfect example would be that atm Kun'lai is around the same latitude as Uldum and Stranglethorn which are both more tropical then the kun'lai climate and is much more likely to correspond to what is happening at Krasarang.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-02-14 at 05:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    ......Really? Here is what I'd do!

1. Make the expansion after legion about the old gods and the naga! Bring us Kul'tiras, Zandalar, Plunder isle and others, While you show us the unearthed 80% of azeroth yet to be descovered (like naja'tar and all of that)

2. Make the expansion after the naga one about the legion worlds and the great dark beyond, there we will go on spaceships and take out ALL of the legion worlds that are NOT argus while we work with the titans.

3. LASTLY MAKE THE ARGUS EXPANSION! There we will take out the legions main leader and finish sargeras in this ultimate battle of light and darkness.

Done, that's all you need to finish the WoW storyline....and those expansions will 100% have bigger terrain than Kalimdor and EK combined.
    2 and 3 are the same thing. And I've listed that already. And first one is given but would they be different then the usual continent expansions or something entirely different? How would they be layed out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Snow requires low temperatures to form and maintain so that makes Kun'lai a generally cold area. There is no snow on any other high areas on the continent and there are mountains in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms just as high as Mt Neverest so altitude does not = temperature low enough for snow. That makes Kun'lai which is at the most northern tip of the continent upside down, otherwise all the mountains on pandaria would have snow on them.
    Explain the presence of snow in Dun Morogh right next to a scorching hot desert named Badlands and the Wetlands. Dun Morogh is on the same latitude as the Barrens, and more south than Durotar. Frostfire Ridge next to Gorgrond is another example.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    2 and 3 are the same thing. And I've listed that already. And first one is given but would they be different then the usual continent expansions or something entirely different? How would they be layed out?
    2 and 3 are not the same.....infact....2 can be a LEAD up expansion to 3...like how WoD was to legion. Also, on the naga expansion thing, I can imagine zandalar to have ALOT of troll ideals to it...maybe a green forest with lots of underwater areas to it...maybe lots of cliffs and earth craters. I can see kul'tiras as a field with a big ass city that is overun by ghost, naga, and guards trying to save their city. I can see the underwater 80% ideal to be like Vash'jr but with naga ruins, old god buildings not seen by the mortal eye, gigantic monsters, tornados and weather breakthroughs, dark, and...just...plain bazzare. there are some great ideas toward new terrain...to many good ideas !

- - - Updated - - -

I mean....maybe different! it's not 1 whole place with 1 zone being snow, another one being a jungle, another being a dessert or anything...if anything...you can take out the snow and dessert thing (Like....gorgrond/Northrend dessert). I mean....Kul'tiras might be the only zone with a Human forest/field in it. Zandalar will just be a jungle/Underwater themed place....but....it will have some badass "unseen" veriety. The other isle will just be...broken! You can take out the snow and....the beauty..in those ideal zones.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Kilnmaster View Post
    Explain the presence of snow in Dun Morogh right next to a scorching hot desert named Badlands and the Wetlands. Dun Morogh is on the same latitude as the Barrens, and more south than Durotar. Frostfire Ridge next to Gorgrond is another example.
    Explain the presence of winter zones that are completely unrelated to the argument we are having? Sure, why don't I just get all over that. What would be the point exactly? Its snows in Ecuador and Kenya on the equator, Kenya is 40 to 50% desert and has snow, should someone tell them its not supposed to happen like that?
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-02-14 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Tho discussion is getting silly, and moves away from OP - snow in Kenya has nothing to do with the topic...

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Tho discussion is getting silly, and moves away from OP - snow in Kenya has nothing to do with the topic...
    Couldn't agree more, the question I was asked had nothing to do with what we were talking about in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by xzeve View Post
    Yep.....I mean......the OP is talking about future ideas of WoW expansions...some of which are coming in legion....like the emerald dream/nightmare

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What do you suggest then?
    I'll ride this one, too.
    I'd like an expansion that does have an expansion-sized area to explore on top of that, utilize phasing and/or world scaling to inject some activity into previously done areas. MoP did this with Krasarang, but take it further.
    Do something nuts like turn Hillsbrad into the next Wintergrasp.
    Shy away from end of the world scenarios (Cata, WoD, Legion(?)) and scale it down to the political upheaval in a post Legion world. Give me a full on VanCleef rebellion. A Vrykul invasion.
    Heck, tackle some cancelled content and turn it into a questline, a raid, a dungeon, a something. Gundrank raid. Utgarde Raid. Dragon sanctums.
    The Mantid have a new queen and made some...flying hive in the sky! Oh snap!

I'm just saying that there's a lot that can be done without having to make five expansions worth of continents to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
    I'll ride this one, too.
    I'd like an expansion that does have an expansion-sized area to explore on top of that, utilize phasing and/or world scaling to inject some activity into previously done areas. MoP did this with Krasarang, but take it further.
    Do something nuts like turn Hillsbrad into the next Wintergrasp.
    Shy away from end of the world scenarios (Cata, WoD, Legion(?)) and scale it down to the political upheaval in a post Legion world. Give me a full on VanCleef rebellion. A Vrykul invasion.
    Heck, tackle some cancelled content and turn it into a questline, a raid, a dungeon, a something. Gundrank raid. Utgarde Raid. Dragon sanctums.
    The Mantid have a new queen and made some...flying hive in the sky! Oh snap!

I'm just saying that there's a lot that can be done without having to make five expansions worth of continents to do it.
    So much yes, I would really like to see something happen with the fallen city state capitals. Alterac and Stromgarde are perfect staging grounds for an Assault on the Undercity. The Alliance are already attempting to reclaim Andorhal and the Western Plaguelands, and they have enough military power in that region including the Paladins at Hearth Glen and Light's Hope that you would think they would want to cleanse Lordaeron.

I think the real reason the game will never progress in a realistic manner is because they don't want to mess with the status quo of the capital cities. If a capital city was destroyed some people couldn't handle it.

Dwarfs reclaiming Grim Batol, Dark Iron joining the horde, High Elves rebuilding Stormwind quarter and moving in. All of which could be told through scenarios and phasing.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2016-02-14 at 06:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much yes, I would really like to see something happen with the fallen city state capitals. Alterac and Stromgarde are perfect staging grounds for an Assault on the Undercity. The Alliance are already attempting to reclaim Andorhal and the Western Plaguelands, and they have enough military power in that region including the Paladins at Hearth Glen and Light's Hope that you would think they would want to cleanse Lordaeron.

I think the real reason the game will never progress in a realistic manner is because they don't want to mess with the status quo of the capital cities. If a capital city was destroyed some people couldn't handle it.

Dwarfs reclaiming Grim Batol, Dark Iron joining the horde, High Elves rebuilding Stormwind quarter and moving in. All of which could be told through scenarios and phasing.
    I disagree with some of your specific ideas, but you see where I'm coming from =)
    And it doesn't even have to be a huge thing that changes the course. GB can simply be a populated flight point and you can get rep by running old GB in timewalking or in a world-scaled thing.

Dark Iron being Horde is the only acceptable way I'd take high elves on alliance.

Dark Iron being Horde is the only acceptable way I'd take high elves on alliance.
    I can't imagine any reason not to do it. Trying to consolidate the Dark Iron with the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer? Through deception? Isn't the stereotype for Dwarves that they hold grudges for a lifetime and don't take kindly to being deceived, as if they would accept the Dark Iron back into the fold just because a princess, a run away at that said it was so.

Seems to be a lot of hate for Elves on Alliance because people fear them being too popular, I don't see it. Maybe the other races just need to be given some more back story, when was the last time Tauren, Trolls, Gnomes, Goblins received some lore? Maybe thats why nobody likes them, because they have nothing to relate to.

It's because it would require a lot of work. They'd have to redo several quests that would usually send you to one of the destroyed capital or to zones adjacent to that capital. Not to mention there are all the achievements about quest completion. Do they remove the achievements from the meta, or just tell players "tough luck, you just had to finish all those zones before level X if you wanted Loremaster so level a new character"?

I can't imagine any reason not to do it. Trying to consolidate the Dark Iron with the Bronzebeard and Wildhammer? Through deception? Isn't the stereotype for Dwarves that they hold grudges for a lifetime and don't take kindly to being deceived, as if they would accept the Dark Iron back into the fold just because a princess, a run away at that said it was so.

Seems to be a lot of hate for Elves on Alliance because people fear them being too popular, I don't see it. Maybe the other races just need to be given some more back story, when was the last time Tauren, Trolls, Gnomes, Goblins received some lore? Maybe thats why nobody likes them, because they have nothing to relate to.
    Elves are, always will be, and never won't be the most popular selection in any high fantasy RPG to feature them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't read all, but I would like something like this:

We lose against the Legion. Slowly they invade all of Azeroth and destroy it place after place. As Players, we do all we can, fighting all over the world, but at some point there is no help. While we are on the brink of destruction all the mages and engineers work like crazy on some kind of ships/arch whatever, that we can flee the dying planet. The endvideo shows how the ships take off and leave in deep space and a last look through a window shows a big explosion that was Azeroth.

Then WoW 2 starts a while later, on a space station build together from the leftovers of our ships with our character again at lvl 1. From the space station we search and explore for planet(s) we could live on and have to conquer them, fighting against <insert random evil>.

Maybe someone can fill the holes in history, to make it a reasonable story.

Elves are, always will be, and never won't be the most popular selection in any high fantasy RPG to feature them.
    Probably, they are basically just perfect humans that live much longer so it seems like the ultimate fantasy for a person to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    It's because it would require a lot of work. They'd have to redo several quests that would usually send you to one of the destroyed capital or to zones adjacent to that capital. Not to mention there are all the achievements about quest completion. Do they remove the achievements from the meta, or just tell players "tough luck, you just had to finish all those zones before level X if you wanted Loremaster so level a new character"?
    There are tons of reasons why destroying a faction capital isn't a good idea, but the "work" isn't one of them, IMO.
    I don't think the story should turn to the destruction of capitals; it exacerbates the escalation of conflict we've been seeing in game:
    Onyxia was trying to manipulate Stormwind.
    Almost 12 years later we're on the brink of destruction (again) because the Legion is invading (again) thanks to a revived demon lord transporting a warlock from an alternate timeline into ours, and threatening the release of old gods to further wreak havoc on the planet.

Suddenly you wish you were only responsible for killing a few boars and saving bear cubs from trees.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McCrazy View Post
    Didn't read all, but I would like something like this:

We lose against the Legion. Slowly they invade all of Azeroth and destroy it place after place. As Players, we do all we can, fighting all over the world, but at some point there is no help. While we are on the brink of destruction all the mages and engineers work like crazy on some kind of ships/arch whatever, that we can flee the dying planet. The endvideo shows how the ships take off and leave in deep space and a last look through a window shows a big explosion that was Azeroth.

Then WoW 2 starts a while later, on a space station build together from the leftovers of our ships with our character again at lvl 1. From the space station we search and explore for planet(s) we could live on and have to conquer them, fighting against <insert random evil>.

Maybe someone can fill the holes in history, to make it a reasonable story.
    It makes a big difference by reading the whole op so you know what this is about.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't object to them adding another large continent to Azeroth - I would like to know why the sea west of Kalimdor is so dangerous and foreboding, even if the answer is just bad weather. All the action seems to be taking place on the lands we know of already, so I'm not sure there's really any more to add to the surface.

One more potential expansion theme could be Azeroth's underworld - we've barely scratched the surface exploring Azjol-Nerub in Northrend, there's lots of potential.