Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    LittleJin, do you just cry about everything and anything? I blocked you on HeroesNexus because of this, and now I am going to have to do the exact same thing here...
    Signature and matching avatar made by the lovely Winter Blossom.
    Hellfire Citadel Progression: 13/13 LFR, 12/13 Normal, 7/13 Heroic, 0/13 Mythic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by withoutaname View Post
    Screw all this spectal animal stuff. I want to just fly AS a humaniod form ghost. Think our ascendance glyph floating in mid air. I'm a shaman, I should be able to go into my astral form fly away anywhere I want.
    Yes, some sort of air form would be nice. In fact I'm surprised that shamans do not have 20% speed bonus like dk and palas. They can become almost wind itself but nnnnopppe
    Quote Originally Posted by High-Chief Greathoof View Post
    LittleJin, do you just cry about everything and anything? I blocked you on HeroesNexus because of this, and now I am going to have to do the exact same thing here...
    Yes! I do! Ohh such ostentatious display of affection. You have quite a dramatic flair in yourself! Do it, block me. Sorry! I shall grant ye a proper display!

Do... or do not... oh thee... oh thou... block... me... block me and do not look behind...I will be there... there... for you... o thee o thou!

Shamans don't need a 20% speed bonus because they have a 0 cooldown ability that gives them a 30% speed bonus. If Blizzard gave them a passive 20% boost they'd take away the active 30% boost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Shamans don't need a 20% speed bonus because they have a 0 cooldown ability that gives them a 30% speed bonus. If Blizzard gave them a passive 20% boost they'd take away the active 30% boost.
    Keep both and make ubero movemento speedo shamano de la muncha arr arr. They should be fast as wind and strong as wind and wind as wind!

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    Keep both and make ubero movemento speedo shamano de la muncha arr arr. They should be fast as wind and strong as wind and wind as wind!
    Like all of your other terrible ideas, that's not going to happen.

This argument seems flawed given the presence of feral druids, rogues, and DH's.

Oh and that the 30% stops you doing anything until you break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    This argument seems flawed given the presence of feral druids, rogues, and DH's.

Oh and that the 30% stops you doing anything until you break it.
    Feral Druids constantly move at 30% speed and fight inside that form, they do not have a cooldown-free active ability that increases their speed further.
    Rogues do not have a toggled ability that increases their speed by 30%, nor a passive that boosts their movement speed. At best they can stealth for 20%, which is less than Ghost Wolf and similarly breaks on dealing damage, and then have no passive boost.
    Demon Hunters also have neither of those things, nor even analogues, they can just use charge a lot.

None of these things are equivalent to Shamans getting a passive 20% movement speed buff, which then causes Ghost Wolf to either only grant +10% move speed or change to +50%.

Shamans have their movement ability, melee Shamans also have a short cooldown sprint on top of it, and you also have a tier of movement talents to increase mobility even more. They are never going to be given a passive on top of it without losing the ability they already have.
    LittleJin constantly spouts ideas from his ass and you probably shouldn't douse yourself in the stream :P
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-02-23 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Like all of your other terrible ideas, that's not going to happen.
    Don't lie to yourself. You adore my ideas. Such passive would be a wonder! Such great farming ore and herbs! They can keep both! Why not! They would be unique. And unique is pretty, like a a two headed fish with a day of a lifespan.

10+ Year Old Account
    It bothers me enough that any shaman other than orcs turn into wolves, let alone everyone turning into wind serpents as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    It bothers me enough that any shaman other than orcs turn into wolves, let alone everyone turning into wind serpents as well.
    No problemo thinko la musico! I'm fine with every race having different wind form! In fact now I think about it it should be a scaled wind sort of elemental, like ascendance but different. Wooohoo best idea ever. Supah wind forms for everybody!

Deleted
    Orcs = Rylak
    Trolls = Wind Serpent
    Dwarven = Gryphon
    Tauren = Eagle

Goblin/Draenei/Pandaren = whatever

Feral Druids constantly move at 30% speed and fight inside that form, they do not have a cooldown-free active ability that increases their speed further.
    Rogues do not have a toggled ability that increases their speed by 30%, nor a passive that boosts their movement speed. At best they can stealth for 20%, which is less than Ghost Wolf and similarly breaks on dealing damage, and then have no passive boost.
    Demon Hunters also have neither of those things, nor even analogues, they can just use charge a lot.
    Wondering if you've ever played any of the above classes, or are just being pedantic on the '0 cooldown' aspect. You also repeatedly ignore that ghostwolf negates all form of ability use unlike anything the above classes have (such as sprinting on top of their form, being able to move 30% faster passively in combat, or having various charges / leaps as well as mastery to passively buff their movement speed (at an approx 20-40% in raid gear, using same % values from other classes who don't even favour mastery!), or have a multi-chainable sprint usable both in combat & while stealthed that has a cd lower than the duration - but at least that last ones being removed because the class has OTHER mobility )

I don't feel shamans mobility is bad, but top tier is a complete lie and you either know it yourself or shouldn't be arguing class balance to put it simply. If you want to shut down a silly argument you can do it without resorting to bullshit.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Shaman mobility simply is top tier though. Enhancement especially, as the owner of literally the best sprint in the game.
    There is absolutely no way Blizzard would give a movement speed passive to a class that already has so much going for it in the running around department without taking something else away instead, which is not what anyone should want.

Shamans can move 30% faster at any time, have a massive duration fairly short cooldown sprint in their melee spec (who need it most), and also get a dive or a charge from talents (or a group move speed buff). We don't need and won't get anything else on top of that.
    To imply otherwise is just ridiculous, as I expect from LittleJin but would hope better of from anyone else.

Yeah you can't attack while in ghost wolf, but if you're a caster you couldn't anyway (because cast times) and if you're melee you couldn't anyway (because melee range) so that's completely irrelevant in most situations. And you're compensated by passively building maelstrom by having the Ghost Wolf buff active, so it's not wasted time anyway.
    Last edited by Imnick; 2016-02-23 at 06:31 PM.

Be glad you're getting Gust of Wind on a 15 sec cooldown. With the shaman track record I was expecting something useless.

Yeah you can't attack while in ghost wolf, but if you're a caster you couldn't anyway (because cast times) and if you're melee you couldn't anyway (because melee range) so that's completely irrelevant in most situations. And you're compensated by passively building maelstrom by having the Ghost Wolf buff active, so it's not wasted time anyway.
    I hate to throw insults like this but, I can not honestly believe you've raided anything past LFR if you think this is a reasonable argument. Sometimes is all I'll say.

Anyway you ahve a very warped view of ghostwolf and I cannot get over how ridiculous your arguments are. I'm out, you win.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    I hate to throw insults like this but, I can not honestly believe you've raided anything past LFR if you think this is a reasonable argument. Sometimes is all I'll say.
    You clearly don't hate it all that much.
    But nobody can stop you from deluding yourself, I suppose :P

Quote Originally Posted by Omanley1 View Post
    The Blood God of the Gurubashi, The Soulflaye; Hakkar.
    It has the form of a wind serpent, yes. I dont think that's what OP meant though. Personally I imaginemore like your average wind serpent, but with beefed up graphics, three pair of wings, with a spectral look.
    I dont know if it's directly from the artist (source: petopia forums), but this is the closest to the picture I would have for myself.
    Disclaimer: I don't main a shaman, though I do have one at 100 I don't play him much. But I would love a form like this for trolls. Make a quest chain out of it= good times.

I concur!
    The spiritual and mystical aspect of the shaman class is underrepresented in game, IMO. A ghostly flight form akin to our ghostly ground form would be an excellent addition to this wonderful class!