Poll: Legion Level scaling Technology from 1-100! (or at least from 1-80)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Only if optional, otherwise no thank you. Especially where old raids/dungeons are concerned.
    Are you just a big Transmog person? I mean do you really need to worry about Deadmines going all the way up to level 60? i mean still 1 shot everything in it. it would raise the level of any raids since they are already max level of an expansion....

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    If they did something like all of the zones had level appropriate scaling to their respective expansions, it wouldn't be so bad at all and people could actually complete a storyline that they liked without massively outleveling it.

Like in classic, quests and mobs would scale up to 60, based on your level, but not beyond. Up to 70 for TBC, etc etc.
    In that case it would be better to scale them up an additional expansion worth of levels. That would make it possible to level efficiently in end-zones from previous expansions. You'd still hit 70 in Netherstorm before being done with the Area 52 hub otherwise and would have to choose between leveling inefficient, or going to Northrend and level up that much faster.

Besides, the in-ability to solo point would be moot anyway. Level cap in Legion will be 110 and at that point everything prior to Legion would still be utterly wrecked even if it was scaled up to level 100.

Scaling is crappy game design decision which represent poor approach for balancing by Blizz

The main aspect of the game is to gain power. Items, Talents, Enchantments. Everything let your characters power grow. Scaling is the total opposite of this and therefore has to go. This also means to remove it from stonewalling. The more scaling we get, the worst the gameplay gets.

I would say yes if it wouldn´t cost time that can be used for more important things and only if it wouldn´t make leveling funny.

So in all reality I say no because other things are much more important then old leveling zones. Most people are done leveling. So i would be work for a few.
    Scaling in Legion is work done for everyone.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Yes, Yes, Yes, 100 times YES! I can see nothing bad about this scaling thing. Maybe not make The Barrens a max lvl area, but if they can scale zones to 100-110, the next step is 1-100. This will make the lvling experince many times better. GO THIS!
    It will bring back the old zones and make things challenging and entertaining! I am happy that you like this idea, btw, I really love your english "GO THIS!" hahaha, cheers mate, send you loot of love ^^

Totally against this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pblasque View Post
    Here just some info about the SWTOR leveling:
    www . swtor . com / info / news / blog / 20151005 (can't post links yet)

Pretty cool system, you don't have to worry about quests getting grey, therefore you may enjoy the quest story of each region in the game.

And as a person that loves to have alt characters, it would be much more interesting
    YES! this is Exactly our point, it would give people Huge among of Chooises, and Choises are a Key factor in World of Warcraft.

Its obviously a terrible idea because, if given the choice, players will IMMEDIATELY gravitate towards the most efficient path. The first thing that would happen is players would identify the easiest quests and go do those, skipping anything remotely challenging. This is currently restricted by the fact that some easy quests are out of the players' level range. But if you remove that restriction, it just gets worse.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

What works in theory might not work in practice. CRZ worked in theory but how many loathe it with a passion now? I can see zone scaling up to the max level of the expansion they were introduced, but Blizzard would never do that.

I.E. I can see:
    ALL vanilla zones scale from 1-60.
    Outland and Northrend scale from 58-80.
    Cata and MoP scale from 80-90.
    WoD scales from 90-100.
    Legion scales from 100-110 (and will NOT scale to whatever the cap of the next expansion is)

It should also only be enabled once you get your first toon to max level so you don't confuse yourself jumping zones and wondering why the story is mixed up. So thus it would be something you can enable for your account and not be forced to have it enabled if you don't want it.

But like Blizzard would do that. Again, CRZ is good in theory but terrible in practice. I don't see scaling old content working. After all, why would Blizzard have reason to add new content if they can just slap scaling on old zones? Rather than give us new dungeons in WoD, they slapped timewalking on a few old dungeons that many of us ran to death when they were current. Oh yay, reused old content. Are you willing to give up a brand new zone that can advance the story for 2-5 old zones that are just scaled up with nothing new added? Because that's what Blizzard would do. Don't tell me they won't do that. Look at timewalking dungeons. What did they add to that? The infinite drake doesn't count nor do the items off the vendor. NONE of the timewalking dungeons added anything new except more reasons to hate stupid players. It'd be nice if Blizzard could do scaling/timewalking in ADDITION to new content, but everything seems to be either/or with them. We can't have both.

So really consider if you're willing to give up something new just to have old content scale. Personally, I'm not. I saw it all plenty of times. If I wanted to see it again, I'd either level another toon to see it or I'd go solo it. I want NEW stuff. Not old crap with a *NEW (but not really)* label on it.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmall001 View Post
    Going through and individually flagging every Cata quest for this would take a lot of time. I'm more inclined towards taking that time and making a whole expansion out of it. Re-vamp the entire old world again and make every zone contain scaling max level content and objectives. Make the herbs and ores from each zone relevant again and mix and match them for max level recipes. Really get people going out into the world again and engaging with players across level barriers.
    You mean ganking right? Thats exactly what you will get if you get max level players out into the old leveling areas. Using up an expansion where they revamp the leveling experience, like cata? Another terrible idea. No ty. Getting the old mats into the new recipes is a terrible idea. Why do they need to be "relevant" again. People DO NOT want to be traipsing around the world for different ores or herbs for their new recipies. How long would that even last? 1 week? Then you start getting ridiculous. You might need to do ToC so you get those stupid orbs for this pattern, while in another pattern you have to do the current tier. Where does it stop? I am not against targeted scaling level ranges but your ideas tacked on to this are terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Your description is really vague; I'm not even 100% sure what you're advocating for, here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Its obviously a terrible idea because, if given the choice, players will IMMEDIATELY gravitate towards the most efficient path. The first thing that would happen is players would identify the easiest quests and go do those, skipping anything remotely challenging. This is currently restricted by the fact that some easy quests are out of the players' level range. But if you remove that restriction, it just gets worse.
    Mate, there are more to our World of Warcraft brothers then this, maybe people would go and level where they enjoy the envirement or the Lore, this way people could do the content they enjoyed.

Or how about this, people who level different alts, could level in different places for a different Experiance, never burning people out, insted as it is now where they for you to do all the content from 1 to 100

I'd love to have a more open approach to leveling. Choosing the place i want to level in. It would be amazing.
    People worried about "my character wont feel as powerful" are kinda funny. When was the last time you went to Elwynn to kill some boars on your level 100 ? Yeah, right. All they got to do was not touch legacy raids. Keep the raids to their respective levels and even add them to LFR. Imagine while you are levelling you can queue to ICC or Firelands in LFR and get lots of XP and some items doing it. And it would be a good way to teach new players about raiding.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I'd love to have a more open approach to leveling. Choosing the place i want to level in. It would be amazing.
    People worried about "my character wont feel as powerful" are kinda funny. When was the last time you went to Elwynn to kill some boars on your level 100 ? Yeah, right. All they got to do was not touch legacy raids. Keep the raids to their respective levels and even add them to LFR. Imagine while you are levelling you can queue to ICC or Firelands in LFR and get lots of XP and some items doing it. And it would be a good way to teach new players about raiding.
    Wow, this is really great! the LFR, ICC or Firelands sounds really smart, in this way they use old content as new leveling content, this way burned out people would get an alternate way of leveling.