Lightbulb Would a player feedback feature help?

So these days I'm leaning a lot more towards the "just get rid of lfg" camp as I am probably only really beginning to "rely" on it more now that my guild have taken a break from raiding till Legion.

One thing that really struck me is that - technically, its not any different to Openraid in what it accomplishes, but yet I survived months of pugging during SoO with relatively few negative experiences.

That got me thinking - part of what I think worked really well was the fact that you had a feeback section on there. You didnt want to behave like an ass in groups or as a raidleader, cos then you would get a bad "rep" and people would be less inclined to choose you for their runs. There was a reason to stick with a group then. A reason to actually try and not mouth off to everyone as soon as you get your first wipe or miss out on loot.

I wonder if they had some sort of "rating" feature where other players could perhaps give you a point if you performed well or something. I don't think a sliding scale rating system would work as it would be too open to abuse, but perhaps more like a thumbs up if people want to recommend you - a commendation system of sorts. That way when selecting people for your group, you could look at that too.

I dunno.. just an idea... maybe its dumb

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like the idea of being able to tell everyone "this guy is great!" I know that kind of tool would just be horribly abused.

7+ Year Old Account
    It really just opens up for people to flame. Since there is proberly no moderation in the system, some people could just write bad about 1 person without them doing anything. Having a huge wave of bad comments about you, could just close you out from any group content and would proberly make people leave the game..... Everybody should be allowed to have a bad day once in a while
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

yeh, thats why i was saying just have it like a, i don't know... "recommend this player" button, and that gives them a point. So if you pug a lot, you could get more and more. Maybe some safeguard to make it so you can only award it to someone once.. ?

I completely agree being able to leave a comment or negatively rate someone would be terrible. Just think of it more like a youtube or facebook like perhaps

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    yeh, thats why i was saying just have it like a, i don't know... "recommend this player" button, and that gives them a point. So if you pug a lot, you could get more and more. Maybe some safeguard to make it so you can only award it to someone once.. ?

I completely agree being able to leave a comment or negatively rate someone would be terrible. Just think of it more like a youtube or facebook like perhaps
    If they could make a program, where you could only give positive feedback, like as you said, having a button saying "Would you recommend your last raidleader?" when you leave a group over LFG. That would be quite good
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    As much as I'd like the idea of being able to tell everyone "this guy is great!" I know that kind of tool would just be horribly abused.
    I agree. Such a tool with this highly sensitive and judgmental playerbase would absolutely be abused.

Deleted
    98% or higher of wow players are horrible. The less tools they have the better. We have fallen to far for to long since tbc for such a system to work without massive abuse.