Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    This is very different to releasing a mount years later with a new color and selling it as a new content/feature/reward. It gets really old.

Sky Golem recolor as the mythic Archimonde mount was the highlight of WoD - it perfectly described the whole expansion in one mount.
    WoD was the bottom-tier of mediocre mounts. Legion looks to be bringing a lot of unique mounts with their own skeletons and animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero88 View Post
    Out of all the dumbest fing complaints over the years, this, literally has to take the cake.

You lot are bitching and moaning about a free mount as a reward from doing an aspect of the game which is purely time based? Really? This attitude is killing the game.

Get out more.
    Yeah, when you can get a unique mount for $30.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

What is a bit annoying about this isn't that the reward is a re-color of an existing item it's that the reward is a mount and not a toy. Mount collectors might not like Toy collecting and vice versa but now Mount collectors will need to become Toy collectors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Is just a recolored Sky Golem, seen here: http://legion.wowhead.com/item=14050...delviewer:10+0

I'm personally not happy about that, what about you?

I'd prefer a Goblin Shredder, these guys: http://wow.gamepedia.com/File:Shredder.jpg

Thoughts?
    The old goblin shredder mount is just that- old. It's horribly outdated. They'd never turn it into a mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    What is a bit annoying about this isn't that the reward is a re-color of an existing item it's that the reward is a mount and not a toy. Mount collectors might not like Toy collecting and vice versa but now Mount collectors will need to become Toy collectors.
    We mount collectors will probably be okay with collecting a mere pittance of 300 toys considering we pound our faces against the same raid bosses for months on end.

- - - Updated - - -

This is very different to releasing a mount years later with a new color and selling it as a new content/feature/reward. It gets really old.

Sky Golem recolor as the mythic Archimonde mount was the highlight of WoD - it perfectly described the whole expansion in one mount.
    That was a remodel. Not a recolor.

I really see no reason to bitch about a recolor. The game has had hundreds of recolored mounts since vanilla.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2016-05-12 at 10:33 PM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Are you slow? I never said anything about reskin or remodel, please fuck off.

I was talking about how they made a Sky Golem the mythic Archimonde mount. Which is just LAZY. THE END.
    Invincible is a reskinned hippogryph. oh noooooooo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Invincible is a reskinned hippogryph. oh noooooooo
    Way to necro a week old dead thread with stupid shit.. Sigh

Way to necro a week old dead thread with stupid shit.. Sigh
    Eat my shorts pleb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    That's gonna take me a couple of years cuz i only have 196 Toys.

And ye, id rather see a Toy as reward.
    I rather see a toy as a reward, cause i really like collecting mounts, and that will make me feel the need to collect toys just to get this mount.

I'd love a toy choo-choo train that carries a couple of your favorite ( or random) toys that allows other people to use them. It is from an achievement called Remember to Share afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Taalyn View Post
    That's the point. And toys will cost gold and gold is for sale in the Blizzard shop.

The dots aren't far apart.

Good luck finding 300 toys that cost gold.

Can't they just stop with the recolors, this is just disgusting and cheap of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    Good choice of Blizzard to give some reward whilst keeping Toys what they are: completely optional.
    To be fair, mounts are also sort of optional. You only need 1 flying mount and that's it (2 if you feel you need something aquatic).

I for one am disappointed that they choose so poorly the rewards for these kinds of achievement (see the achievements for collecting x mounts, no unique models).

I really think they should make some unique models tied to these achievements and not exclusive to the store. Remember the shitstorm when it was speculated that the Heart of the Aspects would come from Dragon Soul? Instead we got a raid with 4 mounts, 3 of them being recolors of each other. Don't even get me started on the Ashes/Dark Phoenix thing.
    Last edited by Chromell; 2016-05-20 at 06:41 PM.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forion View Post
    Or is it maybe just a placeholder for this?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...orque_Suit.jpg
    Maybe Mekkatorque uses it at the Broken Shore? I can't be bothered to look at youtube footage. If not, then it'd seem more appropriate for Jepetto to design than a goblin-like shredder mount.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Can't they just stop with the recolors, this is just disgusting and cheap of them.
    Did you stop to think that maybe some people enjoy having recolors available? There are multiple colors of that model in game, why have a single random one as a mount instead of choosing the one you like most? Especially with utility mounts like this one which has herbalism or the water walking bug... you like everyone using the exact same mount when they do these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Forion View Post
    Or is it maybe just a placeholder for this?

http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...orque_Suit.jpg
    That would've been nice, but I doubt thats a mount..

The Fel Reaver Golem Reeves model datamined awhile back would've been nice aswell, but nah we're stuck with a recolor I guess.