Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Is casualization single handedly the biggest reason for people leaving world of warcraft in unprecedented numbers?

True or false.
    False, its the only thing keeping the majority of current players.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    But you still haven't addressed the critical point - what would take its (raiding) place, when the aim of WoW is to engage a wide array of players (including raiders)?
    That's a very good question although I don't think it's the critical one. The best answer I can give is whatever the developers metrics show most people participate in and get some satisfaction out of. If it turns out lvling and questing is the tits then they ought to find someway to replicate that at max lvl AND give it full attention. I also don't think that question is as necessarily as important especially given what ion said about raiding minorities. The crucial question is why this minority activity over dungeons? Or pvp ? Or world content? If the game is really made up of minorities playing different activities then wouldn't a more balanced approach to content production serve the game better? Maybe we don't need 13+ raids every tier, maybe we don't need a raid every patch etc etc
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    That's a very good question although I don't think it's the critical one. The best answer I can give is whatever the developers metrics show most people participate in and get some satisfaction out of. If it turns out lvling and questing is the tits then they ought to find someway to replicate that at max lvl AND give it full attention. I also don't think that question is as necessarily as important especially given what ion said about raiding minorities. The crucial question is why this minority activity over dungeons? Or pvp ? Or world content? If the game is really made up of minorities playing different activities then wouldn't a more balanced approach to content production serve the game better? Maybe we don't need 13+ raids every tier, maybe we don't need a raid every patch etc etc
    Now now, let's not twist it. All camps are considered a minority at max level. We know that Blizzard does strive to be even handed to all its different playstyles, despite the results being questionable, depending on who you talk to at what time.
    I'm focused on asking this question because as someone already said, you're very outspoken about villifying the raid scene. Surely you thought of something to replace raiding, or an idea to expand other systems (dungeons, pvp, world content) to appease players who like big epic encounters that require large teams and strategies to overcome them.
    If not, what do you and your posts hope to accomplish from a feedback standpoint? Or do you just want to vent (that's okay too, so I can stop replying to your posts).

10+ Year Old Account
    Now now, let's not twist it. All camps are considered a minority at max level. We know that Blizzard does strive to be even handed to all its different playstyles.
    No they don't tend to be even handed. The evidence shows that they don't. The facts are we had 3 huge bloated raid tiers in wod and we got the least amount of launch dungeons, no more additional ones added, no more battle grounds, no more scenarios, and the zone they added was one they had nearly finished at launch anyway. It's CLEAR where they put their emphasis and focus on even though according to them everyone is a minority playstyle. Furthermore they disporportionally incentivise certain content over the other taking away rewards from content in to generate more participation in whatever they decide is their favorite content. So why? They don't treat all playstyles equal if they did I wouldn't have to ask where my fucking dungeons? Yea wod lacked content but what it did have was disproportionately in favor of raiding.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-24 at 03:30 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    No they don't tend to be even handed. The evidence shows that they don't. The facts are we had 3 huge bloated raid tiers in wod and we got the least amount of launch dungeons, no more additional ones added, no more battle grounds, no more scenarios, and the zone they added was one they had nearly finished at launch anyway. It's CLEAR where they put their emphasis and focus on even though according to them everyone is a minority playstyle. Furthermore they disporportionally incentivise certain content over the other taking away rewards from content in to generate more participation in whatever they decide is their favorite content. So why? They don't treat all playstyles equal if they did I wouldn't have to ask where my fucking dungeons? Yea wod lacked content but what it did have was disproportionately in favor of raiding.
    At least quote me correctly. I'm not unconscious of the weaknesses of WoD, and said so, so please don't try to twist the conversation here. This's my final reply. This thread is pretty dead and this trade between us isn't amounting to anything, since you still don't want to offer suggestions or improvements.

Now now, let's not twist it. All camps are considered a minority at max level. We know that Blizzard does strive to be even handed to all its different playstyles, despite the results being questionable, depending on who you talk to at what time.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least quote me correctly. I'm not unconscious of the weaknesses of WoD, and said so, so please don't try to twist the conversation here. This's my final reply. This thread is pretty dead and this trade between us isn't amounting to anything, since you still don't want to offer suggestions or improvements.
    That's cute but i don't buy it. You've made am assertion and offered no proof. What evidence suggests they strive to treat all play styles equally? You act as if theirs some counter proposition to this. Saying the results are questionable is a joke. No the results are exactly what you expect when you accept and acknowledge that the developers don't treat all play styles equally. You keep avoiding the singular question because it doesn't fit the we just have to have raids narrative. If it's true that the make up of the game is largely distributed around different types content why the hyper like focus on raids? If they wiped out the raiding content wouldn't you still have all those other groups? And couldn't you then make stronger better content for them? Couldn't you make more.people satisfied? This is absolutely an answer to your question you just don't like it.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2016-05-24 at 04:12 AM.
    The hammer comes down:

Deleted
    Nearly 40 % points at casulazation, pretty astonishing numbers in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Nearly 40 % points at casulazation, pretty astonishing numbers in my opinion.
    Given the biases of this site, it's amazingly low.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Given the biases of this site, it's amazingly low.
    As an avid reader/lurker I can totally understand where you would get this impression from. However I would wager that there is probably a significant crowd of people who frequent this site and disagree with the hardcore echo chamber of a few delusional individuals here.

How could casualization be a problem when there's literally no content for casual players? If anything the problem is the singular focus on raids.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arborus View Post
    How could casualization be a problem when there's literally no content for casual players? If anything the problem is the singular focus on raids.
    There is more content outside of raiding then there are raids. Just it's all completely useless for many, many casual reasons.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zomgzerg View Post
    Blizzard had two choices:

Take your 12 million fanbase, try to please them and keep them around as long as possible, but eventually they will lose interest and your game will die.

F*ck your 12 million fanbase, and get a hundred million more people to buy the game and sub for at least a couple of months by making it more accessible to keep the cash flowing in while the game dies after a very very long time.

They chose the latter when released WotlK rushed for Christmas with Wintergrasp lag and by now everyone in the world has played WoW and it's seemingly impossible to ever gain new subs, so the game dies.

The only true hope is to get vanilla servers and restart development using the 1st method after BC.
    Holy shit, LOL! Some of you guys have some serious issues when it comes to what is reality and what is dreams.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!