Deleted

Things that I'm concerned about for Legion PvP and general things

Hi everyone, I can't really make a post on official us forum, because one, I'm in europe and secondly I've using my friends beta account since he hasn't used it for past 4 months.

1. tanks dominating, but that's mostly a tuning issue, can't lie but I loved playing blood dk this week and 1v5 and winning, but it is absolutely ridiculus. I hope tanks will have a supportive role in pvp though.
    2. demon hunter have literally 17 abilities, when dk came out they had like 30-40 I don't know, but 17 is not even enough for 1 and a half bars. I'd be bored without more things to click and spread out over my action bars.
    3. tab targeting doesn't seem to work like it should
    4. new class color health bars are to dark and have a weird artstyle, have no idea why they changed it.
    5. can't make macros of pvp talents or even the artifact spell
    6. at this point even WoD pvp will be considered good, if we don't see significat tuning and spec fixes within the next 4-6 weeks I would be extremely worried.
    7. oh, the most annoying issue... all pvp talents being "dark" in the world, unusable, so how the HELL will you as shaman for example grounding totem an incoming cc before you're tagged in pvp combat? Yeah, it needs to be allowed use against players without being in combat.
    7. I think all dps'es without good selfheals need serious damage mitigation cooldowns, or else they are squished like bugs, just like my ww monk.
    8. now unholy dk suffer from the very reason the rogues/ferals combo point system got changed.
    9. blizzard saying pvp will be easier to tune but 2 weeks of beta and not a single template tuning despite endless of feedback on what specs being to overtuned or undertuned, or has there been?
    10. not being able to change talents while in bg waiting room, really!??!!??

Anything else you're annoyed by?

To leave with some positive things, the specs feels a lot more unique and some pruning is good, the new animations and effects are absolutely gorgeous. Except lightning bolt and it's sound effect xD
    Last edited by mmoc33a067f81f; 2016-05-24 at 04:44 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    7. oh, the most annoying issue... all pvp talents being "dark" in the world, unusable, so how the HELL will you as shaman for example grounding totem an incoming cc before you're tagged in pvp combat? Yeah, it needs to be allowed use against players without being in combat.
    Enabling that without actually being in combat with another player is probably quite hard to implement, how should the system now that you are about to enter PvP combat? I'm still unsure why utility shouldn't be baseline for PvP and PvE and leave the PvP talents for improving on that and damage. Would definitely miss a lot of abilities if I were to go dragonslaying.
    Last edited by mmocc29434e79e; 2016-05-24 at 11:01 AM.

Pruning is never good. PVP talents are horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    Enabling that without actually being in combat with another player is probably quite hard to implement, how should the system now that you are about to enter PvP combat? I'm still unsure why utility shouldn't be baseline for PvP and PvE and leave the PvP talents for improving on that and damage. Would definitely miss a lot of abilities if I were to go dragonslaying.
    I think it's too hard to implement for the problem is solves. It solves the problem of big openers. What's stopping you from silencing/Stunning/Knockbacking that big chaos bolt instead? Blizzard would have to recode their entire damage calculation code just to adjust for something that will put you in pvp combat upon dealing damage instead of on cast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockon Stratos View Post
    Pruning is never good. PVP talents are horrible idea.
    Well the PvP talents is just another attempt at balancing PvP I guess, I just don't like that they scrapped utility and that is now part of the PvP talent tree.

The only problem is now you can decide which kind of cc you wanna go with, a druid can choose beam/cyclone and swarm I think. They wanted to remove cc and they are doing that by putting it in a talent tree.

Well, tab targeting as never worked.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

The pruning alone is enough to make me stay away from legion (and I was fine with WoD pruining)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, tab targeting as never worked.
    Tab Targeting has ALWAYS worked and it still works on live.

It's very simple.

You press tab and you will target the nearest target that you are looking DIRECTLY at.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Tab Targeting has ALWAYS worked and it still works on live.

It's very simple.

You press tab and you will target the nearest target that you are looking DIRECTLY at.
    Bullshit. Unless you mean: Closest is warrior, I'm targeting warrior cuz he's trained on me. Tab to hunter pet that's running at me, so far so good, tab to warrior again... fuck off, tab to hunter... nope, tab to hunter pet, stop it. Tab to warrior, no. Tab to hunter pet, tab to lock... where did he come from, tab to hunter pet, tab to warrior tab... FUCK IT I WILL CLICK THE HEALER TO CC HIM. That's every day. All day.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    You can bind tab to target nearest enemy player, will at least help with the pets.

Or you can get the addon, smarttabtarget or something like that. It switches your tab between all targets and only players depending on content.

10+ Year Old Account
    These changes are terrible, debating whether I should even buy Legion. I probably will not.

Deleted
    I only use tab targeting for a very small limited amount of stuff on live, however the way I do it, is not possbible on beta, sometimes that extra millisecond of using mouse to click an enemy isn't very good :/

Im not a fan of the prestige levels, why exclude talents when it should be skill based...

They are splitting up the PVP player base by not having concrete decision with gearing and rewards from PVP.

1. They expect highly rated players to push for rating or choose to prestige?

Lets assume that prestige system is not aimed at high rated players as Holinka has said (I think that is a mistake).

2. Why should a casual BG player prestige when they will have a gear disadvantage by not doing rated play? Why add in another handicap in PVP by missing PVP talents?

3. If casual PVP players do not do rated play what will happen to the PVP ladders for rated players?

4. If they plan on rewarding titles and ranks based on factions then what will prevent people from going to horde or alliance mid season?

5. How do they expect PVE players to be interested in doing PVP when they step into a PVP instance and have ZERO PVP talents?

6. Given PVE geared players an advantage in PVE seems to be a way to counter act not having PVP honor talents?

7. What happens when highly rated PVP players raid to obtain PVE gear and have full honor PVP talents unlocked and they form premades to troll casual BG's and arenas?

8. Shorter PVP seasons isn't going to work if half of your playerbase is missing most of their gear due to RNG boxes.

9. PVE gear is way easier to obtain and can be titanforged or have set bonuses useful for PVE play.

10. No control of stat templates means some specs are dead in the water

Deleted
    Very solid points.

Blizzard likes fixing one wheel and then puncturing the others.

They wanted to remove the time it takes to farm gear in order to pvp at an equal level, in a way let pve'rs in etc. But it'll take longer to farm pvp talents than it takes getting gear in live at the moment.

I don't freaking understand their logic. I was really hyped but seeing as only like 2 specs looks fun wow might be dead in the water once people come back and see how bad it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Killigrew View Post
    Very solid points.

Blizzard likes fixing one wheel and then puncturing the others.

They wanted to remove the time it takes to farm gear in order to pvp at an equal level, in a way let pve'rs in etc. But it'll take longer to farm pvp talents than it takes getting gear in live at the moment.

I don't freaking understand their logic. I was really hyped but seeing as only like 2 specs looks fun wow might be dead in the water once people come back and see how bad it really is.
    Yeah grinding honor talents is like grinding for four full sets of honor gear. And even when done you are probably not in full honor gear by then and have to rely on PVE gear filling gaps because of RNG boxes.

Legion pvp is basically bastard child of EQ dinosaur hardcore mindset + Diablo 3
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post

They should simply have pvp talents enabled anywhere but in pve dungeons and raids. Problem solved and nobody would be unhappy with that.

Other games have and had similar ways of doing things. I mean, you get these as rewards from pvp, but that should not restrict them from being used in the regular world. I mean, pve players can still use all their exclusive pve gear in pvp situations, why shouldnt everyone also be able to use the pvp talents they unlock in non-competitive pve areas too?

Preventing the usage of these talents gets especially annoying when you are used to a certain playstyle with certain talents and then you are simply forbidden to use them in the basic world. This will only further frustrate pretty much everyone, including pve players that pvp aswell.
    Last edited by heinz0r; 2016-06-06 at 02:18 PM.