Fury Simcraft Question

My sim of my warrior Melanis - Zul'Jin is currently listing haste at such a high value that I should be stacking it almost to the point of strength. I can't imagine this is accurate since I have a WF worldbreakers on. Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

730 ilvl 795 ring.

The reason I want to understand is that I received a pair of Shell Resistant Stompers from Mythic Assault and I want to replace my treads of the Defiler Heroic until we kill Kil'rogg and the boots drop there. I figured it was an upgrade with crit/vers over the haste/multi.

Thanks for the help.

Scale factors from simcraft: w/ Treads 99070 dps

Str Haste Mast Mult Crit Vers
    9.64 9.15 8.19 8.10 8.08 7.47
    1.00 0.95 0.85 0.84 0.84 0.77

Factors w/ Shell Res 98626 dps

9.63 9.30 8.20 8.03 7.91 7.45
    1.00 0.97 0.85 0.83 0.82 0.77

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just the cd on bloodthirst or auto attack dmg + minor rage gain?

The wf Worldbreakers caps at 27.70 haste, does the haste beyond that really start to beat out Mastery/MS/Crit?
    Last edited by Sanat; 2016-05-24 at 03:16 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you ran a reforge plot of haste you would probably find yourself very close to a break point.

Deleted
    Why use scale factors? Wouldn't just simming with the alternative gear be more useful?
    (disclaimer, I have no idea what the scale factors are, how they are calculated, or how they can be usefully interpreted)

Quote Originally Posted by Qob View Post
    Why use scale factors? Wouldn't just simming with the alternative gear be more useful?
    (disclaimer, I have no idea what the scale factors are, how they are calculated, or how they can be usefully interpreted)
    That's exactly what he did, as noted by the second set of numbers under "w/ Shell". He's looking at stat weights because he's trying to figure out what stat is best when using different pieces of gear, rather than simply which piece of gear performs the best.

Simply put, scale factors are the amount of DPS gained per point of the stat. However, there are a few caveats to that, such as what happens when you add a large amount of that stat, which can either increase or reduces it's effectiveness.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sanat View Post
    My sim of my warrior Melanis - Zul'Jin is currently listing haste at such a high value that I should be stacking it almost to the point of strength. I can't imagine this is accurate since I have a WF worldbreakers on. Can anyone explain what I'm missing here?

730 ilvl 795 ring.

The reason I want to understand is that I received a pair of Shell Resistant Stompers from Mythic Assault and I want to replace my treads of the Defiler Heroic until we kill Kil'rogg and the boots drop there. I figured it was an upgrade with crit/vers over the haste/multi.

Thanks for the help.

Scale factors from simcraft: w/ Treads 99070 dps

9.64 9.15 8.19 8.10 8.08 7.47
    1.00 0.95 0.85 0.84 0.84 0.77

Factors w/ Shell Res 98626 dps

9.63 9.30 8.20 8.03 7.91 7.45
    1.00 0.97 0.85 0.83 0.82 0.77

- - - Updated - - -

Is it just the cd on bloodthirst or auto attack dmg + minor rage gain?

The wf Worldbreakers caps at 27.70 haste, does the haste beyond that really start to beat out Mastery/MS/Crit?
    As has been said, run reforge plots (only do two stats at once) to get a more accurate representation of what happens when you remove one stat to add another. Stat weights only tell you what happens when you add (a specific) amount of one stat, so while they give a good overview of the relationship between stats at that point in time, they're unrealistic when it comes to determining gearing.