Quote Originally Posted by Gzo View Post
    If a big budget blockbuster like Warcraft couldn't get a wide release in Japan, it means that Toho-Towa, the Japanese distributor of the film, didn't want to take a risk. They didn't give it a chance because they knew they would be in the red if they spent big money to give it a wide release. I guess they were right.
    Japanese market is totally different. They are into little girls with big eyes and kinda naked, not into big bad hairy orcs.

Many blockbuster movies have horrible reviews and are still wildly successful at the box office.
    Actually there are not "many" movies like that. Define "many" and come up with actual data...

Top 10 movies this year vs rotten tomatoes:

Captain America: Civil War - 90%
    Zootopia - 98%
    The Jungle Book - 94%
    Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice - 27%
    Finding Dory - 95%
    Deadpool - 84%
    The Mermaid - 93%
    X-Men: Apocalypse - 48%
    Kung Fu Panda 3 - 86%
    Warcraft - 29%

So you see, the only movie with "horrible" reviews that had a high box office was a Batman/Superman movie, a combination of two 75 years old franchises, with countless fans, how the fuck can something like that can go wrong? People will go and see it regardless of what anyone says. They can put a tomato as Superman and an eggplant as Batman and call it Batman vs Superman: The Garden Wars and it will still make 800 million at box office...

Why would normal people go to see a first Warcraft movie when almost everyone says is shit, many of them on the reason that "it's not Lord of the Rings"? Also many of the Warcraft games players didn't care about it or even hated it because they got pissed by the state of WoW, Blizzard "destroyed" their beloved game, why would they put money into them? Fuck that movie lol

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    oooh. look at barry norman, here!!
    Don't know/care who Barry Norman is, but I get what you're trying to say.

Liking a movie =/= a movie being good. There are a lot of bad movies I like despite them being bad. I don't say they are 'excellent' or '10/10' and certainly not 'the best movie ever made'. Some of the stuff I have read about Warcraft movie is absolutely delusional, and no, that is not an insult. It is the only word to describe it accurately.

The movie in my opinion was pretty darn good much better than I thought it would be and much better than any other video game movie or most comic book movies. It was better than BvS by a lot. Kinda shocked it didn't do better in the U.S. With no other fantasy films out this year. Glad it did well overseas so they might make more because I like he story and would live to see the lich King movie made.

Data on the movie at Box Office Mojo petered out after July 28. It looks like Legendary simply stopped releasing information on how it was doing, even though it's still showing in a few theaters.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"