Poll: Worst WoD leveling zone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Spires
    Flying mount makes it slightly better but if it wasn't for the Salvage Yard I would skip it completely when leveling.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gorgrond. It gets boring quickly, and I hate having to do the same old questlines for that building book from the Strike While the Iron is Hot part.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Deleted
    Talador because I'm completely disillusioned in the story that takes there, Shattrath is the biggest anti-climax they've pulled off to date.

On the other hand I also thought Spires of Arak was the single best thing visually and lore-wise to come out of Warlords, so I don't know what you're all on about.

10+ Year Old Account
    None, ever since flight was unlocked, all zones are easier than they were before. Can't call them worst, for I don't see them much now a days. Though, back at lanch, I sorta hated Shadowmoon, or Talador.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It used to be Spires for me, but once I got flying for every character it feels pretty good. I just fly around gathering treasures and doing bonus objectives now, since I did the questing bits to death without flying.

The zone I tend to stay the least amount of time in, would be Nagrand. New Nagrand is prettier than the old, but I'm not all that into it overall. All pre-MoP expansions and zones should be updated when it comes to visuals and models imo, would love to see old Nagrand with details of today. Or Grizzly Hills! Of course, this would cost us an expansion.

Definitely Arak or gorgrond.

Spires?! What?

I remember a similar thread 2-3 weeks ago where Spires was voted BEST leveling zone aha. Polarizing choice it would seem.

Worst would be Gorgrond or Talador for me. Gorgrond just had so much empty space and the story seemed very weak. I think it was the most rushed and least cohesive zone by a mile. Talador also suffers from this but to a lesser degree. There are huge chunks of the map which are set aside for daily bonus objectives and the story was weak compared to the other zones imo.

Definitely Talador. All the rest at least have a smooth continuous flowing storyline, but Talador (at least the alliance end of things, I don't play Horde) just felt completely disjointed and all over the place.

Gorgrond, the whole zone looks bland with to many annoying mountains and walls. Its questing is also very weak, especially compared to Frostridge and Shadowmoon where you just came from. You can definately see how they mushed together the Botani from the scrapped Farahlon into the zone. Spires is probably a second, its story is a lot better but its a pain to navigate. Atleast flying made it a lot more bearable.

I disliked nagrand the zone just hard to navigate where to go on ground mounts with canyon like craters and the disappoint of the warsong clan being a joke. Mr. burning blade slave follower, and another fake ring of blood event really annoyed me. Thrall kill stealing again, just everything lore wise that happened there except cho'gall betraying gul'dan made me dislike the whole place.

7+ Year Old Account
    so why did you put shadowmoon valley and frostfire ridge together? might aswell have the poll have 1 choice, with all the zones as one option...?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Spires of Arak. The mobs have irritating mechanics to bypass, and navigating the zone on the ground is a pain in the backside. It's sad, really, I was really excited to explore the Spires. I think my overexpectation of a horizon of golden towers caused me to dislike the zone when I found it. It was just boring.

Also, Spires suffers the classic "So close, yet so far" vibe of most zones that you quest in when you're almost max. Strangely, I absolutely love Nagrand. I guess all of that finish line boredom was in Spires for me.