Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Orgimar. Lets get it right this time.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silthius is kind of the red-headed stepchild zone because the Kalimdor team ran out of time. There were 2 teams I believe from what Blizz mentioned, 1 for EK and 1 for Kalimdor, for the Cataclysm zone redo's. The Kalimdor team didn't have time to revamp Silthius so they just left it off being redone and even suggested players avoid it when leveling to 60. Pretty lame really. Redo all of Azeroth minus 1 zone.

The sad part is that Silthius in it's day was great even apart from the event due to the resource running, and it does have some very nice little quests mixed in if you stick with it. But like Plaguelands the faction resource running is long since obsolete and not done, making it the standout "bad" zone. Considering it's been neglected this long and was the only Azeroth zone not redone in Cata (well of the originals, so excluding zones added later like Ghostlands, etc), it would be nice and deserving to give it it's due. And Blizz saying we don't have time to do stuff like that or we'll have to cut expansion content is beyond frustrating. Things like that is what our monthly sub $ is supposed to be for, not just server maintenance. Not to mention it was something they really were supposed to do as part of the Cata expansion that we all bought anyway.

i honestly thought vashir would win this going away since so many seemed to hate swimming. yet not a single mention.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Silthius is kind of the red-headed stepchild zone because the Kalimdor team ran out of time. There were 2 teams I believe from what Blizz mentioned, 1 for EK and 1 for Kalimdor, for the Cataclysm zone redo's. The Kalimdor team didn't have time to revamp Silthius so they just left it off being redone and even suggested players avoid it when leveling to 60. Pretty lame really. Redo all of Azeroth minus 1 zone.

The sad part is that Silthius in it's day was great even apart from the event due to the resource running, and it does have some very nice little quests mixed in if you stick with it. But like Plaguelands the faction resource running is long since obsolete and not done, making it the standout "bad" zone. Considering it's been neglected this long and was the only Azeroth zone not redone in Cata (well of the originals, so excluding zones added later like Ghostlands, etc), it would be nice and deserving to give it it's due. And Blizz saying we don't have time to do stuff like that or we'll have to cut expansion content is beyond frustrating. Things like that is what our monthly sub $ is supposed to be for, not just server maintenance. Not to mention it was something they really were supposed to do as part of the Cata expansion that we all bought anyway.
    It's a shame that this zone has almost no content in it.
    I always liked its color palette and atmosphere. A desert full of ancient creatures, even an advanced bug civilization fueled by Old God lives in there.

Afaik silithus was always pretty barren. In early vanilla there was literally nothing in this zone, not even mobs. They added quests and mobs in patch 1.9? I can't remember anymore.