Poll: Staying, rolling Mage or rerolling something else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    I've never had a maxed mage, despite 12 years of the game soon and several alts of each class at max over the years, but as for legion I am going frost mage as my new main.

I just loved it as soon as I gave it a chance.

I am also however playing an enh shaman, mistweaver monk and guardian druid. I like to have one of each of the 4, rpds, mdps, healer and tank ^^ But mage will def be my new main going forward into legion
    Welcome to the Mage family then

I'm heading back to mage! I've not played my mage as my main since Burning Crusade so I'm kind of excited and love that I don't *need* to be frost to quest effectively anymore. I've really enjoyed Fire and Frost on beta and am hoping that Arcane gets better with more mastery or something, in my heroic dungeon gear it feels really weak.

Decided to reroll to Mage, from my long-time DK main.

My tastes have just changed over the years. I've come to like the flavor, lore, aesthetics and and playstyle of the mage class. Though truth be told, it was the class hall in Legion that clinched it for me. The mage one is absolutely beautiful, while the DK one is a literal copy-paste job.

Deleted
    My mage was the first ever character I created when I first started playing early in BC and will continue to be my main for the foreseeable future.

As for spec in Legion...I think I'll either stay frost or switch to fire, depending on how they play when I get the chance to try them out

I have never mained a ranged or caster class in any MMO, but with Legion's rendition of melee classes coming up short for me, I am strongly considering fire mage - I love the concept, the gameplay on crits, and the animations (plus the transmogs look awesome, and the legendary/4p/artifact all create impact ful points in progression).

The one thing that really deterred me from mages (or other caster classes) in the past is the cast time and stipulation of standing still to maximize damage - I hope I can get past that and not be disappointed in the long run.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing a Balance Druid for a good couple year (roughly 8, since end Vanilla early BC)... But Legion killed it for me. The class feels so dumb as a builder-spender caster.

Time to go back to the class I haven't played since I got 2400 on it in Wrath, the Mage.

Hoping I don't regret this decision...

Now, to choose a race...

Ah, ah, ah ah, stayin' a Mage, stayin' a Mage, stayin' a Maaaaaaage

Been a hunter main since cata but I'm not sold on the changes they've done to the class, ruining surv and making it melee is one of example. Considering switching to my long time alt that I've been playing around with since TBC feels way more fun to play as of right now.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still a tough decision for me. I'll be putting my Paladin to rest in favor of a caster but the decision between Destruction and Fire is a tough choice. Destruction has a better looking artifact along with much, much more interesting spell animations and Hall but Fire feels much more refined/straight forward with quality of life benefits which will allow me to have a better experience.

Throw out multidotting and using an AOE spell for single target rotation and Destruction would have my heart but such is not the case and I can practically feel the heat on my skin from those who are having a melt down with what I've said.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I'm in the process from going shaman to mage.

After one expansion of non-maging my mage will be my main come Legion. My hunter gets shelfed in favor of the mage, I was a die-hard Marksman player since TBC, but the new MM spec just isn't fun for me. On the other hand fire currently rocks for me in terms of fun, so there's that.

Deleted
    rolling one for LEGION. Completely skipped WoD. Never played mage. Wish me luck guys !

Undecided whether Troll, Orc or Undead. Undead is my favorite if going by appearances, but troll/orc racial bonus is much better for a caster class.

Undead racial is indeed absolute garbage. However, if you're not in an environment where everyone min/maxes fully, might as well play the race you like.

If you are in such an environment, you simply cannot go wrong by playing Troll.

OT:
    Staying Mage. From the beginning to the end.

I love being the wizard in games. Mage till the end.

Although would be nice to have some visual updates to our spells to make it look and sound more appealing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post
    rolling one for LEGION. Completely skipped WoD. Never played mage. Wish me luck guys !

Undecided whether Troll, Orc or Undead. Undead is my favorite if going by appearances, but troll/orc racial bonus is much better for a caster class.
    Racials between races that actually have something dps related (Troll, Orc, BE and Gobs for Horde) are not that important at all... Undead is good for PvP purposes though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ji-tae View Post

I picked Orc, simply because it's different and funny.

Orc mages, because books are good for more than eating and throwing!

Right now I main Rogue and Warlock, but I use to play Mage way back in Vanilla and raided up to when Naxx which was released 10 years ago. From watching videos on Fire mages in Legion I think I'm gonna go back to my first love. It's perfect for what I like; a mobile caster. I guess I got use to being mobile as a caster playing other MMO's. I'll probably play Rogue and Mage evenly and have a warlock back up.

Rerolling from Hunter to Mage. My first maxed toon in Vanilla was a mage, and it's time to return to that.