Poll: Staying, rolling Rogue or rerolling something else?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I've played a Paladin for most of my time playing WoW (Shaman, Mage, and Warlock have all been sprinkled in) and I'm really thinking of going Rogue for Legion. I like the overall theme of Outlaw and with RTB apparently being changed a bit, I think that'll be the case.

Of course, I just found out that the Assassination artifacts are the daggers Garona used to kill Llane so now I have to look into how Assassination plays, lol.

Played ret in leather gear in Vanilla. I made a rogue for TBC, so i could get warglaives. Then i went back to Paladin for wotlk, been a paladin since then. Legion beta is the first time i try every spec of the paladin class and literally nothing feels good, fun or even cool. Healing in general pvp and pve feels like trash in legion, holy is just boring. Prot went from fun to more mindless then tbc, spam a bunch of meangingless dps ability, nothing to it, holy power was better then this. Prot went 5 step backward, hey at least it stole all of rets pvp utility in the process. Ret gameplay is the only one with some mechanic behind it, but it has no utility anymore except a stupid 3 blessing and the spec is now useless in PVP.

Rogue shaping up to be good, so i guess its time to dust it off. All the classes were heavily pruned, self healing at an all time low, people have an even harder time kiting, but honestly rogue comes out of it on top for pvp in the beta. Along with the tank specs that took all the utility from their dps specs. I think assassination is as simple as a rotation can get, yet still have some kind of flow to it (unlike prot paladin). I thought id be all over outlaw, but its really not as great as i expected. Sub took me some time to get used to, but now i love it.

Beta needs pve and pvp damage pass before the dust settle, i hope its coming. But the thing is i dont see rogue getting much nerfs anymore and they are in a pretty good spot.

I really like kingslayer and i gotta say as bland as kingsbane is, its a very powerful ability, some classes would kill for that burst.

Going back to my rogue. I haven't played the class seriously since WotLK. I'm really excited with all the changes being made to the class (and all the others). Even though sometimes it's tough taking damage (PvE wise) as the rogue -- I have the most fun with the class.

Rogues seem to be losing their luster in my eyes. My main has been a rogue since BC, but in legion they seem to be lacking in both mobility and game play pace especially compared to a DH. I've been in the alpha and now the beta and have played 2 Demon hunters and 2 rogues to 110 and their is no comparison. The only thing the rogue has over the DH from a PVE perspective is damage reduction due to cloak and feint.

I want to play a rogue, but I just feel slow w/o burst of speed. DH has increased movement speed from mastery, fel rush which has 2 charges and is on a very short cd, and double jump. A DH zips all over the place, while the rogue gets one sprint every minute. Yes, the current DH rotation is very simple, but that just lets me focus in being where I am supposed to be and to avoid every bit of damage possible with the above abilities plus they are visually awesome.

At this point, I can't say if I will switch. I have a lot invested in my rogue, but the DH is looking awesome.

Been a Rogue through the good and the bad. Sticking with it.
    -Insert witty signature here-

Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Rogues seem to be losing their luster in my eyes. My main has been a rogue since BC, but in legion they seem to be lacking in both mobility and game play pace especially compared to a DH. I've been in the alpha and now the beta and have played 2 Demon hunters and 2 rogues to 110 and their is no comparison. The only thing the rogue has over the DH from a PVE perspective is damage reduction due to cloak and feint.

I want to play a rogue, but I just feel slow w/o burst of speed. DH has increased movement speed from mastery, fel rush which has 2 charges and is on a very short cd, and double jump. A DH zips all over the place, while the rogue gets one sprint every minute. Yes, the current DH rotation is very simple, but that just lets me focus in being where I am supposed to be and to avoid every bit of damage possible with the above abilities plus they are visually awesome.

At this point, I can't say if I will switch. I have a lot invested in my rogue, but the DH is looking awesome.
    The only mobility tool lost was burst of speed.

Sub gained mobility in combat passively (by far more than before).
    outlaw and assassination have other compensation factors like plain shadowstep, and i don't feel like looking them all up. Suffice to say, the loss of BoS was compensated for to a certain extent.

This question is really what makes me not look forward to Legion. I absolutely don't know what I will do. I played my Rogue since 2005 and I like it. I just don't like how Outlaw & Subtlety play on the Beta right now. If they make Assa viable in raids & dungeons I think I would keep playing my rogue. On the other hand - why play a pure DPS class that needs to maintain multiple Artifacts and have niches when hybrids like Ret Pala, Demon Hunter, Monk receive a full toolkit in one spec while they only have to maintain one Artifact?

So I have to maintain multiple Artifacts, learn to play multiple different specs well and deal with respec-issues (gold cost is capped now at least) for what? Just so our Ret Paladin can laugh at me?