Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chamual View Post
    Your friends were strangers once.
    But I already finished the "make friends" introductory quest. Doing it again is a noonoononono. I don't want it's rewards. The inventory is cluttered.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    How was normal mode tuning on the PTR, compared to WoD?
    Well, considering my guild is 13/13 since december we 2shot every boss, with a forced wipe to learn the mechanics (total facepulls on boss)
    In 835 gear you'd have to be a total mongo to not have success. We only tested the first 3 with a very rag-tag group and no mythic gear stacking.

I'd hope the later bosses would be more difficult, but I did the 2nd half on lfr and it was piss easy.

Comparing it to WoD normal? I'd say both are relative faceroll (have to compare it to highmaul) but i don't think there were any dps check bosses like butcher so that may also be a thing. I don't think illiwhatever corruption's p2 ability was working correctly either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    But I already finished the "make friends" introductory quest. Doing it again is a noonoononono. I don't want it's rewards. The inventory is cluttered.
    Lol.

Autism everywhere.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-07-04 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    "hi, bye, ding, gratz"
    This would be an awesome guild name.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

They should reduce LFR participation to a 10 man.

Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    They won't because the LFR target audience already plays majorly dps and 10 man has more unfavourable proportions (read: you need more tanks and healers for the same amount of dps), if you make 10 man into 2+2+6 you can slot less dps per the same amount of tanks / healers than in 25 man where you do 2+5+18 (and I think even some wings require 4 healers not 5).

Since beginning of LFR healers are the bottleneck (as you need more of them than tanks), you wait for them the longest only to find 1 or 2 are dps cheesing the queue. Let's see how many will last in Legion where queue forces you into the role you picked. At least that's how Blizzard described it - popping into the instance switches you to the appropriate spec. I really wonder.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hollafame View Post
    Well, aside from the DPS/Healer/Tank ratio problems, one advantage of this: It's way easier to watch out for slackers with less players.

Stupid children tend to forget there are countries like Canada, USA, Russia which have their population strewn over many hours.

Automatic queues ensure the best participation for them.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Stupid children tend to forget there are countries like Canada, USA, Russia which have their population strewn over many hours.

Irrelevant. My Russian guild has mostly people from Moscow timezone, but also several guys from Urals and Siberia. Furthermore, my server has several guilds with Siberian raid hours. We all manage our timezone differences very well in organized raiding. Queues are for those who want to avoid organized play; guilds are recruiting around the clock on my server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Irrelevant. My Russian guild has mostly people from Moscow timezone, but also several guys from Urals and Siberia. Furthermore, my server has several guilds with Siberian raid hours. We all manage our timezone differences very well in organized raiding. Queues are for those who want to avoid organized play; guilds are recruiting around the clock on my server.
    No. It it relevant. What works for you does not mean it applies to everyone in the game. That is one problem with people like you, you see the game through your perspective and applies your opinion and experience as the norm for everyone else.

Do you have any world first? No? Why not? If they can do it, why can"t you? We are all the same, right?

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    It's way easier to watch out for slackers with less players.
    What if Blizzard doesn't want that? Things like adding valor to lfr to incentivize geared raiders to boost lfr audience and vote kick limitations suggest they rather placate the "carry me" crowd.

You remember the numerous threads on the official forums about how dare Blizzard force players to go through silver proving grounds to participate in heroic dungeons? Because I do. And these folk are gonna use lfr that has no restriction like that.

There was a time during Cata that you could vote kick from Tol Barad, some group of people used it to police the raid to clear it from "slackers" and "underperformers", their win rate rose but next patch Blizzard disabled kicking from Tol Barad. Which means, they don't want self policing community in matchmade content. Matchmade content is for all these players who whine about "elitism" and "toxic community not letting them into groups".

Therefore it's not an oversight, it's a deliberate intent to make lfr crowded so slackers can stay hidden and anonymous and get their participation rewards.

Or the recent uproar about Arcway & Court of Stars being mythic only therefore subject to community auto-policing and natural selection.

Auto matchmade content is doomed to stay a joke because its target audience are players allergic to any form of performance evaluation. There are other players in matchmade content but it's not exactly aimed at them, they will find this content boring and unrewarding and the biggest question is why do they stay there if they're capable of doing something more difficult. LFR / LFD will forever stay "click this button receive a reward in the end", and forums will always be full of stories of "unfair" vote kicks because no one ever will admit they were a jerk or a slacker and got kicked rightfully.

If I was Blizzard I would rather try to solve the puzzle "why are people capable of playing something harder not joining harder content and what can we do for them so they feel appropriately challenged" instead of tampering with lfr.

I mean it's not like normal raiding or mythic dungeons are designed to be a complete roadblock yet still some people those difficulties are targeted at stay out of them and cling to lfr / lfd. I'm yet to understand what's exactly the hardship of forming your own group for a mythic dungeon (I can imagine raid requires a leader and it can be the putting off factor), yet so many people refuse to do so. It's not worse and even better than ye olde times of sitting in trade and spamming LFM heroic Ramparts...

- - - Updated - - -

From what I know NA realms offer options for multiple time zones including Australian.

EU realms have another issue - language barrier. Not every player speaks English and there are many national guilds that speak their own language. If people here can find a guild that speaks a different language than official I don't know why would it be harder to find a guild suited to your timezone.

On my server we have late night and daytime guilds, less than your usual evening prime time ones, but they exist. There are people from different time zones that form their own guild (we have an Iranian one, pretty sure they have different timezone). I've heard of French-speaking Canadians forming guilds on EU-French realms, obviously their raiding times would fit Canadian timezone and not EU.

How much time difference is there even between US east and west coast? 4 hours? Doesn't look like a tragedy to me.

Canadian here.

It isn't rocket science to go on wow progress and find what guilds run during the hours you can play...

Play however you want to play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Canadian here.

It isn't rocket science to go on wow progress and find what guilds run during the hours you can play...
    For the person who chose to click a queue, wowprogress research probably isn't on the menu.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    No. It it relevant. What works for you does not mean it applies to everyone in the game. That is one problem with people like you, you see the game through your perspective and applies your opinion and experience as the norm for everyone else.

Do you have any world first? No? Why not? If they can do it, why can"t you? We are all the same, right?
    Timezone differences are irrelevant to random queue vs pug / organized raiding, and I explained why. If you want to play in groups, you will regardless of timezone, if you don't, you won't regardless of timezone. Your personal attacks are what's irrelevant. We're not all the same.

As for your personal attack question, I don't have world firsts because I'm a casual player. I chose to play with my friends. The no-lifer baddies whining so much are not casual players BTW, they're just that - bad low-skill people.
    Last edited by Cynep; 2016-07-04 at 05:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind the queue, just everything that you can queue for is usually a brainless zergfest with no difficulty. If Mythic had queues it would probably be dumbed down just like Heroics were in WOTLK.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    What LFR tier will do is make it easier to move up from LFR to N. As it stands, in WoD, LFR players had a double handicap of lower ilvl and shitty "ghetto tier" that enlarged the performance gap.

(Well, also the LFR-player skill gap on top of that, so triple handicap.)

It doesn't matter if you give bad players tier items bad players still do abysmal Dps regardless of what you give them

Lfr was handicapped because pvp and baleful gear was better and if you were serious about moving up you would do those instead

Honestly, I'm kind of dreading the two mythic-only dungeons in Suramar. It's hard enough to convince people to fly to a mythic now, getting anyone else to the summoning stone is going to be like pulling teeth. I like the ability to queue, but Blizzard needs to train people to go to the damned instance ASAP not wait till after the group is fully formed then ask for summon.

What LFR tier will do is make it easier to move up from LFR to N. As it stands, in WoD, LFR players had a double handicap of lower ilvl and shitty "ghetto tier" that enlarged the performance gap.
    I got into PuGs with LFR gear. "Shitty" gear is not keeping players from getting into groups. The high ilvl groups will always place their group requirements above the easiest to acquire gear. This has been true even before LFR. The higher ilvl gear the higher ilvl the requirements go.

The majority just does not want to do organized raiding and that is okay. WoW is a theme park MMO. Shoving players into raiding as the only endgame is not going to solve subscription issues. Not everyone doing LFR wants to do organized raiding.