Thread: Nightstalker

Nightstalker

Why take Nightstalker and open CS? Talking PvP here, the 50% dmg is wasted? What am I missing?

Vanish rupture exsanguinate is in the top 3 burst on ptr and beta.

or take MfD an open with rupture, blood of the assassinated, and exsanguinate for crazy reliable burst

Quote Originally Posted by ribthanwa View Post
    or take MfD an open with rupture, blood of the assassinated, and exsanguinate for crazy reliable burst
    I kinda feel so slow when ever i dont have the new venom rush.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking for assasi, why wouldn't you garotte as well as rupture before exsang? That's the 2nd highest DPE ability, also a bleed. @OP Nightstalker snapshots rupture to do 50% more dmg for the entire duration - 28s with deeper stratagem. That's super delicious, not just in pvp but for pve it's strongest assasi dps talent on the tier too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Speaking for assasi, why wouldn't you garotte as well as rupture before exsang? That's the 2nd highest DPE ability, also a bleed. @OP Nightstalker snapshots rupture to do 50% more dmg for the entire duration - 28s with deeper stratagem. That's super delicious, not just in pvp but for pve it's strongest assasi dps talent on the tier too.
    because Garrote is locked behind a cd, whereas Rupture is not. Using Exsanguinate for your Garrote does nothing for your overall dps since you can't re-apply it before the cd is off and you might waste the energy regen from it.

Deleted
    Nerf Exsanguite.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroux View Post
    Nerf Exsanguite.
    Yes I agree, nerf that exsanguite thing, whatever it is.

Doesn't the 20% movement speed & 50% damage carry over to Shadowdance (and thus Shadowstrike, Evis/DFA, Nightblade) as well? And if so, I could see people stacking that with talents such as Dagger in the Dark & Thief's Bargain as well.

I will flay your mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    Doesn't the 20% movement speed & 50% damage carry over to Shadowdance (and thus Shadowstrike, Evis/DFA, Nightblade) as well? And if so, I could see people stacking that with talents such as Dagger in the Dark & Thief's Bargain as well.

Its 15% damage for sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Reposed View Post
    you can't snapshot nightblade so the talent loses a lot of value for sub

So if Im getting this right for Assa Nightstalker is far superior when you Rupture out of stealth? MfD-->Rupture or Vanish-->Rupture? Or open normally spend your points then Vanish-->Rupture?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kalaratic View Post
    you can't snapshot nightblade so the talent loses a lot of value for sub
    Nightblade does snapshot nightstalker (but not MoS), you can test it on PTR

Quote Originally Posted by xsace View Post
    Nightblade does snapshot nightstalker (but not MoS), you can test it on PTR
    that's really weird because on my character on the beta it's the reverse. MoS gives the dmg boost but nightstalker does not change the tooltip at all

Deleted
    Mos works, but doesn't snapshot (the dmg boost goes away when the buff fade).

From my testing nightstalker worked and snapshot for the whole duration (in and out of dance), but that was a couple of builds ago. I haven't checked the tooltips, I'm speaking of damage done on a dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by xsace View Post
    Mos works, but doesn't snapshot (the dmg boost goes away when the buff fade).

From my testing nightstalker worked and snapshot for the whole duration (in and out of dance), but that was a couple of builds ago. I haven't checked the tooltips, I'm speaking of damage done on a dummy.
    it honestly could be working but with the way finality is after thursday's build i have no way of telling or if it was finality the whole time that affects the interaction with nightstalker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Recuiem View Post
    because Garrote is locked behind a cd, whereas Rupture is not. Using Exsanguinate for your Garrote does nothing for your overall dps since you can't re-apply it before the cd is off and you might waste the energy regen from it.
    Oh i forgot about the CD. Nonetheless now I think about it there may still be situations you want the garotte exsanguinated, perhaps to take advantage of short duration trinket procs such as at the pull maybe?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk