I liked the movie but it didn't make me want to login again

[The Opinions' of a former wow player/fan of the movie]

Not sure why the movie was so panned by critics, because it was a video game that they had never played or didn't like and were biased against it?

I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Was it the best CG money can buy? No probably not but it was very good for the budget limitation and I thought the acting was more than fine. This was an interpretation of a story that comes from a now ancient RTS game that hardly had any but introduced us to a fantasy world where you could play as the orcs and the humans and the orcs weren't all that bad just corrupted and misunderstood.

I have a friend that said it made him want to login to wow again and asked me if I felt the same. No. if anything it made me want more films based on warcraft and entirely new games set in the universe. Like an Action RPG single player game or a new Warcraft RTS game. While many still profess love for warcraft and want a 4th game which would be the first to release after wow if it saw the light of day I would prefer a single player or co op RPG. I love Rpgs and don't really care for rts.

One of my least favorite things about modern wow is that it no longer has much resemblance to its warcraft roots. I did really like the cookie cutter colorful buildings that became so Iconic of each faction that you no longer see today.

The bottom line here is that the Movie was far more epic than the game and the game has long been missing its original charm that helped us brush past the dated gameplay and visuals.

Orcs and their red roofed huts, Night elves with their purple roofed wooden structures, Humans with their Stone towers and garrisons flying the Lordaeron alliance banner or the Stormwind banner and Blue roofed wooden town houses. The undead with their condemned cob web ridden human buildings the list goes on.

You don't see these types of buildings anymore and Orgrimmar was renovated in 2010 with the iron horde style of buildings. The Forsaken got their own new unique structure types in Wotlk and Cataclysm which was nice but I kinda of miss their old buildings.

- - - Updated - - -

an idea of how much I LIKED the film. I am a huge star wars fan and Tolkien Universe fan I thought much bigger fan of those vs Warcraft. I thought The force awakens was rather mediocre as was the Hobbit films namely part 3. I enjoyed Warcraft the film more than I did The Hobbit Part 3 Battle of the Five Armies and Star Wars the Force Awakens.

7+ Year Old Account
    yeah alot of people had the "its a video game movie its going to suck" and tried to compare the single movie to all of lord of the rings, also yeah alot of the critics dident play wow
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yeah alot of people had the "its a video game movie its going to suck" and tried to compare the single movie to all of lord of the rings, also yeah alot of the critics dident play wow
    yes impossible to compare 1 film based on a video game story to a 3 part epic that had a bigger budget based on a 3 part novel.

7+ Year Old Account
    dude i tink you got over it like they say you burn out....imean if Blizzard will stop and do game exactly how you whant it you still not play or find some reason not to log in....so cut this crap/ there are ppl who play from so long and still play others burns out and play something else....

Quote Originally Posted by Messinna View Post
    dude i tink you got over it like they say you burn out....imean if Blizzard will stop and do game exactly how you whant it you still not play or find some reason not to log in....so cut this crap/ there are ppl who play from so long and still play others burns out and play something else....
    I have no expectation for blizzard to tailor wow to be exactly how I want it to be nor Have I ever asked that of them. That is just plain silly. I am simply stating even nostalgia and excitement for the story again over the movie hasnt made be forget Warlords of draenor and log back in. Ive reached a point where it's not burn out theres just better games out there than wow. It is no longer worth it to me to pay 14.99 a month plus 50 each expansion for a 12 year old game in which its own creators have been spoiled by having no direct competition worthy of any mention.

I don't know, I feel one thing they did right with WoD, is that the garrison bring a War 3 feel, at least to me. For the rest, I have to agree that for the last 3 expansions, it feels like we went away from the Warcraft universe. Sure Cataclysm technically is, but they didn't make me feel connected to the lore and DW's story at all. MoP was just Panda land, which has no place in the Warcraft universe (IMHO). WoD, while deeply connected to the lore, was just going back to Draenor to fight Orks. Yes it should be full with lore (which it kinda is), but for me it feels more like a nostalgia trip.

I guess what I want to say is that, since WotLK, the main Warcraft plot hasn't really gone forward a lot (well it kinda did but not enough). Legion, if done right, has the potential to be as good as Wrath, just based on the fact that we finally are moving forward with the plot and fighting big bad guys that we've been caring about and wanting to fight for years.