Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    Basically the title. Do you think people would have stuck around more for an expansion with a stronger theme? Perhaps with a strong and resonating story, people would have excused the lack of content and stuck around more.
    Doesn't that question pretty much answer itself?

Overall, no, most people won't stick around because of a one-and-done story experience if there isn't enjoyable content to go along with it. I mean heck, most people praised the initial storytelling and leveling in WoD. They could even have fleshed it out and made the whole alternate universe thing a lot more worthwhile if they'd had a full set of content patches to expand upon it.

That tends to be a common theme with WoD, though. A lot of the expansion's problems could've been fixed, or at least mitigated, with a proper patch release cycle.

Uhh what? The setting of the expansion was one of the only things that were worth checking out with the expansion.
    Using a word like "tolerable" tells me you don't actually play the game though, so I suppose I understand the question.

If you really don't play WoW because of the theme of an expansion you should just quit though. Its not worth your money.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Basically the title. Do you think people would have stuck around more for an expansion with a stronger theme? Perhaps with a strong and resonating story, people would have excused the lack of content and stuck around more.
    It would change the entire expansion... If it didn't have that theme, it wouldn't have been WoD... All the design choices, world building, questing, daily zones, dungeons, and the raids themselves were designed around that theme, if it were different, it stands to reason all of them would have been as well... Hell if we weren't traveling to another planet and having supposedly minimal access to Azeroth, garrisons might not have even existed either because there wouldn't have been a lore reason for them to exist.

I'm not saying there wouldn't have been the same lack of content, there likely would have been*, but the content there was just might have been better.

*Unless one reason they skipped a tier is because they already realized they fucked up and wanted to just focus on getting Legion out faster and doing it right... Which I suppose is entirely possible.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

No because without the alternate Universe theme WoD would never has existed.

It was pretty bad, alternate universe horde that never drunk demon blood could have been amazing, but it just turned into tech orcs with no demon blood doing the exact same shit, then drinking the demon blood anyway.

Also nothing in an alternate universe ever matters, they are only ever side stories that undermine the credibility of everything that preceeded it.

Its a real shame really. The original plot had garrosh getting exiled to outland, while there he used the time dagger to undo the deaths of all the warlords and revert our outland to draenor. Would have prefered that plot TBH, though i could imagine the pissfits with removing outland, and i can see why they decided to go the route they did, even though they muddled a bunch of shit up.

I just really dont like time travel plots, cant help but feel like everything is pointless. If the alternate universe characters cross into ours, it undermines the death of every single character around, if they dont, then nothing actually changes and the story is pointless.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes....that's the expansion they called TBC, best one ever made.