Thread: Oculus WoW

Oculus WoW

Last edited by toon181; 2017-08-31 at 11:42 PM.

I wouldn't want to play wow like this. The camera would be a giant clusterfuck. Just imagine playing an Demonhunter. Jumping around and so... Nausea incoming. I wouldn't even know how to place all my abilities on my bars and then using them without seeing anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    How on earth will you do VR in a third person view? The whole point of VR is immersion and you lose that with a third person view.

You're right about the demon hunters haha

I could definitely see some sort of UI overlay that only appears when you want it to. Or mapping abilities to an Xbox controller like most VR games are played with?

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    How on earth will you do VR in a third person view? The whole point of VR is immersion and you lose that with a third person view.
    theres plenty of 3rd person vr games. theyre great.

theres currently 2 main ways 3rd person is done. one where its like you're sam and the main guy is frodo, and one thats like you're looking over a fence into a garden.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Alvarado View Post
    Hypothetically, at least in my dream (lol),it would be from a first person view.

Quote Originally Posted by toon181 View Post
    Hypothetically, at least in my dream (lol),it would be from a first person view.
    just wouldnt work with wow. would have to be built from the ground up to even be worthwhile which at that point why not just make a vr warcraft game.

i could see them adding headtracking and motion controls but not first person.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

We will more likely see VR in overwatch at some point than wow...
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    just wouldnt work with wow. would have to be built from the ground up to even be worthwhile which at that point why not just make a vr warcraft game.

i could see them adding headtracking and motion controls but not first person.
    We will more likely see VR in overwatch at some point than wow...
    Both good points

10+ Year Old Account
    The first VR MMORPG will be the new WoW, but I do not think it will be WoW.

But Ive seen people use the Rift on GTAIV and honestly it looked pretty good. I dont see you playing competitively but I am sure someone is out there right now using the Rift playing WoW for the shiggles.