Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I prefer skill being dependant on timing, preparation and focus than whack-a-mole playstyle myself so I am perfectly fine with how UH plays on PTR. Will have the opportunity (probably) to play Beta tonight so will check what I can there.
    Last edited by mmoc3d7f422663; 2016-07-06 at 02:14 PM.

If "pressing just 3 buttons" is so easy for you, go ahead and get gladiator and world first Gul'Dan. Or just.. try to compete with the best Unholy DK's in the world.
    You won't do even remotely similar dps as them.

Quote Originally Posted by Orwell7 View Post
    If "pressing just 3 buttons" is so easy for you, go ahead and get gladiator and world first Gul'Dan. Or just.. try to compete with the best Unholy DK's in the world.
    Behold! The laziest argument in existence!
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Deleted
    This has nothing to do with the topic you know.

I don't believe performing well as an Unholy DK requires just 3 buttons, but your argument is way off track.

"All I need to cook noodles is some boiling water!"

"Oh yeah? Just try cooking the best noodles in the world like that!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zordrage View Post
    Im all for less buttons

but this is lame
    Your argument is lame.

Are you missing Icy Touch and Plague Strike? Two filler spells that have had no relevance since Outbreak was added in Cata. All they did was clutter up the bars.
    Or, maybe you're missing Blood Boil? Because spamming that to AoE made for such compelling gameplay. /sarcasm. If that bothers you, choose Epidemic as your talent.

Festering Strike is more compelling now compared to just being used to refresh diseases and convert Blood/Frost runes into Death runes. (So glad this shit is gone in Legion).
    At least Death and Decay has some interaction with Scourge Strike/Clawing Shadows in Legion now unlike the set and forget version on Live.
    Soul Reaper has some good interaction with Festering Wounds and needs some planning to get full effectiveness out of it.
    Or if you've taken Dark Arbiter, you need to make sure you pool up Runic Power to dump into that 15 seconds that she is up.

There is a lot more synergy and interaction with the new Unholy Spec compared to the clunky mess on live.
    Please do some research before you make an ass out of yourself.
    Last edited by Darkguyver2020; 2016-07-10 at 03:32 AM.

Deleted
    aaaand people still not get the point...............

No, they do. The argument that number of buttons = difficulty/compelling play is bullshit. If that were the case, Cataclysm Demonology or classes like the Dragoon in FFXIV. would have been the most compelling and awesome DPS specs EVEERRR. That's not the case. It's all about how the abilities flow, how talents alter the cycle, cooldown usage, etc. Arcane has traditionally been a few button spec but it's had some of the most involved gameplay of any of the DPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

So take your time to explain it better then, because so far all I've heard is crying about spells that honestly doesn't matter nor makes the spec any more fun, is missing. I'm glad they removed a bunch of spells, the playstyle feels really good and I don't have 4 action bars full of spells I use once every full moon if the wind is comming in from the east while the rain is gently leaning towards south.
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

From the very little I've seen and gotten to experience on the PTR I think the only thing I may miss, and I accept I'm probably in the minority here, is that soul reaper will no longer be standard and an execute.

As for the rest I guess I'll have to wait full till it goes live to see how it fits together.

Quote Originally Posted by Casterbridge View Post
    From the very little I've seen and gotten to experience on the PTR I think the only thing I may miss, and I accept I'm probably in the minority here, is that soul reaper will no longer be standard and an execute.
    Execute has always been a part of Warrior class fantasy. I hated how certain melee specs started to get execute style moves over the course of expansions. If I want that style of gameplay, I'd roll a Warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Execute has always been a part of Warrior class fantasy. I hated how certain melee specs started to get execute style moves over the course of expansions. If I want that style of gameplay, I'd roll a Warrior.
    Eh I didn't have a problem, soul reaper is unique enough that it didn't feel like a copy of warrior's execute at all. Regardless I don't mind the change to it, in order to give back warrior's unique execute fantasy, but now it's now a talent and being it's on the same tier as Dark Arbiter it's unlikely it will see much use.

I'm guessing the intent is to have it be a over time DPS increase, while Dark Arbiter is about increasing burst within certain windows, but I would guess it would be hard to balance that out, and one is going to end up pulling ahead.

I think Soul Reaper should replace Festering strike

Soul Reaper Talent
    This ability replaces Festering Strike
    Instant cast
    Requires Death Knight (Unholy)
    Requires level 100
    Requires Melee Weapon
    Strike an enemy's soul for 350% Shadow damage, afflicting them with Soul Reaper for 3 seconds and applying 3 festering wounds.

After 3 seconds the soul reaper debuff will detonate dealing an additional 250% weapon dmg as shadow damage to up 2 additional targets (3 target cleave) and applying 1 wound to all targets hit by Soul reaper detonation.

now Unholy has a Single target burst talent in DA, and AoE talent in Defile and a single target sustain/cleave in Soul reaper

Deleted
    Would prefer if SR increased our crit chance tbh.