Deleted

Best way to level Skinning

I dropped by old professions and took up Leatherworking and Skinning, in preperation of Legion. However, im thinking of the best spot to level. Is it better to lvl skinning the old way (Old zones) or to lvl skinning in Tanaan? And where in Tanaan would be the best location?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    No point in leveling either is there?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Fastest would be in the Draenor starting zones. Plenty of beasts and all low health. Tanaan has the benefit of gaining some Felblight at the side, but skinnable mobs are kinda sparce, they have more health and there's more competition.

Old leathers will probably go up in price with the pre-patch due to the new transmog coming out. I don't know how leveling of Skinning works. I know Mining and Herbalism can give you scraps of ores and herbs if you are not quite at the correct level yet. Old herbs and ore veins still have a minimum skill requirement, but it's certainly much less restrictive than it was years ago. If you go this route be sure to at least unlock Draenor skinning so you can go to 700 without having to visit trainers.

If you're horde, there's a lot of wolves just outside the garrison that you can farm. There's basically 2 camps across from eachother and they pretty much spawn when you're done skinning one of the camps.
    I leveled skinning from 1-around 650 there, after that you have to skin stuff in Tanaan.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=76597/frost-wolf-alpha
    Last edited by Stumpurin; 2016-06-29 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No point in leveling either is there?
    That's so helpful man. Like, care to explain why there is no point in leveling?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Teflonsavior View Post
    That's so helpful man. Like, care to explain why there is no point in leveling?
    Because the moment you skin a single creature in Draenor, you get the ability to skin just about everything? Also "man", notice that I didn't make a point, I asked a genuine question, because, as far as I know, there is little to no point in leveling skinning.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Because the moment you skin a single creature in Draenor, you get the ability to skin just about everything? Also "man", notice that I didn't make a point, I asked a genuine question, because, as far as I know, there is little to no point in leveling skinning.
    You only get scraps from skinning if you're level in skinning isn't high enough. Same goes for mining/herbalism.

Deleted
    i thought LW and skin would be a great fit for Shamans in Legion. Any other suggestions are fine too. But yeah, im thinking of aoeing low mobs in Dreanor, n skinning those. Any recommended zone/ spot?

Firelands

/10char

I found the 100 boost was a fantastic way to level skinning, and got leatherworking done at the same time!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

7+ Year Old Account
    In Legion you wont get scraps from skinning at low skinning levels. But you should get atleast 300 for each profession otherwise you wont get any profession world quests. I'm sure there is some incentive to have max skinning aswell.

I would work your way up through zones and make big piles of stuff and skin it all. Then you can make some of the leatherworking lowbie stuff for transmog.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpurin View Post
    You only get scraps from skinning if you're level in skinning isn't high enough. Same goes for mining/herbalism.
    That is stopping with Legion content too. If your not a high enough level you wont be able to do it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I leveled mine in Tanaan for the Felblight, got quite a lot even at low level skinning. Mostly around the area with Broodlord Ixkor.

Went to Firelands for variation when I got bored.

Deleted
    get addon server hop Go to tanaan and get recepie for 700.Then got to MOP Vale of eternal blossom on Skyrange(29.56 35.71) there are groups of 7/8 rams on 3/4 location next to each other thy respwan fast too but u can kill them server hop kill skinn en skin until 600 then go to tanaan for last 100

Deleted
    I personally went with beasts in Nagrand. There is so many of them that you can just do endless loops. Sure you get scraps, but paired with the Sumptuous Fur drops and vendoring crap you still make it pretty fast and profitable.

I levelled up skinning ages ago by killing all the beasts just outside the garrison, 1-700.

just search up a guide on google and kill beasts i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    That is stopping with Legion content too. If your not a high enough level you wont be able to do it.
    Thats not true.

In legion they are doing away with scraps if you are low level you will simply get one piece instead of 4-5 etc.

As for best place to level skinning..For alliance go to east side of shadowmoon valley where the bonus quest area is there are packs of elekks that respawn very quickly by the time you have made one round everything is respawning again.
    Last edited by Farosh; 2016-07-01 at 02:53 AM.

It's not necessary. I've been 110 on a monk in the beta for a few days and my skinning is 450ish. I started at lvl1 with the pre made character. You start by only skinning 3-5 pieces of items and though skinning specific quests you'll level up the stone hide and stormscale skinning skills to a higher rank, allowing you to get more leather per skin. I think I'm getting 5-8 skins per kill now.