Deleted

How is this not stopped?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...0#post41132800

I don't care about the subject in the OP. I care that this blatant flamebait has been allowed to go on for 33 pages now.
    Are there more mods than Endus that frequent the forums? Where the hell are all of you hiding? This isn't the first time I see a really obvious troll get away completely for tens of pages.
    Has there really been zero reports made about it? No reports about that thread or the terrible posts in it?
    That thread is full of bile and insults taht my mind is just blown away at how it's not completely shut down by now. It's a day old!

It's disheartening. Do you seriously not hang around on the forums? I see a handful of mods post every now and then and by mere presence they keep discussions orderly. Which is just what the forum needs! But you've recruiter mods so many times now I'm wondering if there's some mod-eating monster that you feed most of them to.

Do most of the mods just hang out in an IRC channel and ignore reports? I'm just baffled. There's obviously something wrong with how you handle this. I don't even doubt that this thread might be locked, because any discussion about a topic like this usually gets shut down. So how are we, the community, gonna get any kind of feedback and communication with you? Fill some poor sods inbox with private messages he or she has to spend 24 hours looking through?

Where does all the time and effort go? Is there a mod-eating monster? I wanna see mods, so I know more than a handful of them exist! I wanna see them lock a thread because they found it, so that it doesn't go on for 33 pages, not because they're waiting for a dozen reports about it before they act.
    Maybe you should have some kind of system where you can see if a mod has looked at a thread or a page before, to help you see if there's a need to check a new thread or not? You know, anything more than relying solely on the report system?

You could report it, if you believe it is against the rules.

Is it allowed to discuss moderation? Report the post = all you can do really.

Deleted
    Mabye they are vegans them selves? who knows?

Anyway, you can always ignore the thread

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a report feature built into the forum software for things like this. Please hit the little triangle in the lower right corner of the post and explain why you think it is against the rules, and the mods will review. Making a whole thread to report posts is excessive and unnecessary.

Mods are human volunteers that have real lives and can't always notice things incidentally. In an ideal world, we wouldn't need reports but we don't live in an ideal world. Somethings are going to get overlooked sometimes.

Edit: I also want to add that mods aren't always going to agree with reports, and just because something is reported doesn't necessarily mean action will be taken. Sometimes things will be reviewed and decided they are fine, or will be monitored, etc, instead of infracted and/or closed.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2016-06-29 at 11:16 PM.